• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[OT] My new baby photos

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Born new years eve. Wernt there the night before, and were there the next morning so dont know if hes a December boy or a Jan Boy but either way he's my new baby.
All my pets have birthdays on odd days. Casey my dog on Valentines day, Eddie my BF and my dog on Christmas eve / boxing day morning and now Sir Jiminy Kricket (just Kricket) on New Years.

ok so heres all the pics. Yes he is a Russian Blue, but that wasnt important to me, i got him from the pound. I just loved his beautifull solid steel color. He will be desexed next month, and hopfully will start to fatten up then. Not that he's skinny, but Russian Blue desexed male cats have a thing about being fat lazy cats. Which is exactly what im after as i want him to be an indoor outdoor cat (once i install the catdoor), and i dont want him to be able to kill wildlife. So a big fat cat suits me just fine. As i live in a very rural area, id just rather have him inside if he kills even one native animal.
As you can sorta see from the photos im prepared for him to be indoors. I baught a 6ft5 cat 'gym' with attached hammoks and dangly things, beds etc etc. That last pic u can see it best.

Oh and just thaught id add these (playing with my sis's new camera) the other day. Got some great ones over over my home town. The moonlight one is my fave cos its taken at my home.

L

Lady_Kat

<font color="purple"> Mm, he is quite cute, for a half breed.
I'm just curious as to how you came to the assumption he is a Russian Blue...
Russian Blue's are known for being very intelligent and active animals, not 'fat lazy' as they are a taut, muscled breed. Much similair to Burmese.
A relative of mine used to breed Russian Blue's along with British Shorthairs, judging by this medium-long coat and facial structure, you have a British Blue (or bits of one) which are more dense, fluffy and easygoing.</font>

L

Lady_Kat

<font color="purple"> Mm, he is quite cute, for a half breed.
I'm just curious as to how you came to the assumption he is a Russian Blue...
Russian Blue's are known for being very intelligent and active animals, not 'fat lazy' as they are a taut, muscled breed. Much similair to Burmese.
A relative of mine used to breed Russian Blue's along with British Shorthairs, judging by this medium-long coat and facial structure, you have a British Blue (or bits of one) which are more dense, fluffy and easygoing.</font>

G

im inclined to agree, but dont the brittish blues have small ears?

G

im inclined to agree, but dont the brittish blues have small ears?

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes you are most likely correct as the pound i got him from were making assumptions becuase the lady who dropped the kittes off suspected that somhow her female got 'done' by one of the males at a 'somthing' blue cattery two houses down. As all the kittens were the same color etc, id be inclined to agree with her.
She asked the cattery if they wanted the kits but wernt interested, but were happy to claim responsability for fathership as far as she could go say, well these kittens father was a 'whatever'.
So Brittish blue you recon? Ill google some pics. Its not tht i was told he was going to be fat and lazy, thats just what i wanted. Somthing kinda bigger then your average slim little siamese id be worried about breaking etc.

Edit : after googling pics of both russian and brit blues, i agree the pound must have ment russian. Im still happy.

G

you should be he is adorable. we had a russian blue she was amazing but we had to get rid of her
she went really weird when i got pregnant with z-monster she was attacking us all the time and also doing her business on us aswell. i did some research on it and she was reacting to my pregnancy hormones and in 90% of cases the animal will lash out at the baby also. so very reluctanly i had to take her to the pound

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh bummer. Yes before i comimg homewith Kricket i did a fair bit of reaserch into it, and as they live for upto and over 20 years needed to consider how it would handle a child, and that among other things was the deciding factor in getting a male cat.

G

<blockquote><hr>

male cats are cheaper to desex too ha

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean cheaper than female cats or cheaper than children?

G

hey! ive already stated that i want grandbabies!! so definitly the cats

G

<blockquote><hr>

hey! ive already stated that i want grandbabies!! so definitly the cats

[/ QUOTE ]

Grandkids already? But you've barely scraped the muck off your own kids!

G

haha you musta missed that post *chuckles* Was something like i said i wanted 4 kids all up so id have lots of grandbabies but yeah thats at least 15 years away (hopefully at the very least HA) dear god ill be 40 then...

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Oh Nuts for Kricket!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Oh Nuts for Kricket!

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont you mean NO nuts for Kricket?

Q

Quintarias

I was going to say, Jah -&gt; pregnant -&gt; baby...

THE END IS NIGH!

Luckily we're safe. For now.

Oh come on Jah, you know I lub j00