• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OT: Michael Jackson dies

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just saw that on the news. It was apparently a heart attack... dead at age 50.

May he rest in peace.

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Press wont let that be...

I bet the pics from autopsy willbe for sale soon.

They said he was working with a personal trainer to get ready for a concert series in the UK. Bet he was on effedrin (sp)

B

Black magick

"May worms gnaw out his eyes, and may Satan **** him in the ass with a pitchfork" - Foamy

N49ATV

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farrah Fawcett too, Ed Mcmahon the other day. The child in manatoba dies from swine flu. Rough week.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*shakes head* Done here. Go find other forums...

W

wee papa smurf

Love him or hate him the man moulded the music we listen to today

R.I.P King of pop :grouphug:

M

morgawr68

its just too dang bad no one can get past the

ACQUITTAL - 6 dictionary results
ac⋅quit⋅tal  /əˈkwɪtl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-kwit-l] Show IPA
Use ACQUITTAL in a Sentence
–noun 1. the act of acquitting; discharge.
2. the state of being acquitted; release.
3. the discharge or settlement of a debt, obligation, etc.
4. Law. judicial deliverance from a criminal charge on a verdict or finding of not guilty.

AND JUST SEE HOW MUCH OF A PERSON AND HUMANITARIAN HE WAS. hOW MUCH DID AND GAVE TO THE MUSIC INDUSTRY. HOW HE PRACTICALLY SAVED THE MUSIC INDUSTRY WHEN HE CAME OUT WITH THRILLER.
so sad some have to be immature about things.

W

wee papa smurf

its just too dang bad no one can get past the

ACQUITTAL - 6 dictionary results
ac⋅quit⋅tal  /əˈkwɪtl/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [uh-kwit-l] Show IPA
Use ACQUITTAL in a Sentence
–noun 1. the act of acquitting; discharge.
2. the state of being acquitted; release.
3. the discharge or settlement of a debt, obligation, etc.
4. Law. judicial deliverance from a criminal charge on a verdict or finding of not guilty.

AND JUST SEE HOW MUCH OF A PERSON AND HUMANITARIAN HE WAS. hOW MUCH DID AND GAVE TO THE MUSIC INDUSTRY. HOW HE PRACTICALLY SAVED THE MUSIC INDUSTRY WHEN HE CAME OUT WITH THRILLER.
Exactly :thumbsup:
only mistake jackson made was trust the wrong people

N

Nenime

See, when you're rich (and he was reeeally rich) crooks are not far away. Some would lie, accuse, steal, whatever just to get your cash. We don't know the whole truth. Court said not guilty, though.

Ever danced to one of his songs? Probably. Remember how you felt? Happy, right? Please don't remember him as a weirdo - which he may or may not be - this is private stuff. Try to remember the good times he brought us through his music. I will.

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sure all the people that hate him were obviously molested by him at one point, I mean why else would they?

I don't hate the guy really or think of him as a bad person though. I only knew what the media told (which is about as good as, well...). I also won't base or judge him on what happened in court etc. cause as history shown, the outcomes & what led to it isn't even always true or right. Although I do think he was weird... He obviously had issues, but everyone does.

All "issues" w/ him aside he was obviously a great entertainer & person. If he was not it wouldn't be as "big of a deal" as it is. There's millions of people who can care less about his death, but there's also millions upon millions more who do, which don't happen for just everyone.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
False.

Bob Dylan, Prince, Jimi Hendrix, and countless others have molded the music we listen to today in addition to Jackson, but Jackson is WAY down on the list.

Michael isn't much more than a Britney Spears, he gets paid to sing someone else's songs. And even lip-synched just like Britney so he could dance while on tour.

Was he a fantastic and amazing entertainer? Without a doubt, but was he the musical genius that people think he is... no.

Hera - Siege

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Michael Jackson didn't save the music industry and what exactly did he give them? Where's his label sponsoring new and upcoming artists? Good Lord, where do you people come up with these things?

And ask Paul McCartney how much of a humanitarian he was...

And finally, I'm sure he spent most of his time in Bahrain [Close to Thailand, the Child pR0n capital of the world anyone?] after his court case because he just wanted to save those poor innocent kids.

Once again, the guy was a spectacular entertainer, but he's not the saint you think he is and more than likely is a bigger dbag than Dog the Bounty Hunter.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And yet he was a far better person than someone sitting around talking him down days after he dies.

S

SUPRsalad

So, heres what I heard:

God gave both Ms. Faucet and Mikey a final just before they died.

He said, Farrah, what would you like?
She was all,
' I wish feed all the starving children in the world!'
And god was all,
' Granted '
And all the children in the world were fed pork-chops,
and everyone rejoiced.
Then God said 'Michael, what would you like?'
Michael said 'take me to the children s hospital god'

Siteswap

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I almost pressed the record button on the video recorder by mistake when I saw The Jackson's carrying Michael's coffin. I thought Cool Runnings was on, and I love that film. :thumbup:

Vampie

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whacko Jacko...thats the truest thing ever said about him.

Humanitarian? suuuuuuure...not. he didnt feed the hungry here in America, most he did was invite kids to his home/bedroom so he could rebuild a childhood at 44 that he never had at 14.

LA is beggin for help to pay for his 1.4 million memorial. Michael paid a boy 20 million to shut up about molestation charges the first go around, 1.4 million shouldn't be to hard to come up with for the Jackson family.

A "regular" citizen is accused of the same charges and you can bet your sweet a$$ hes gonna be found guilty and sent away for years. Michael was accused TWICE of the same thing, first time the boy was paid not to take it to trial, second time well...The rich always get away with everything, corruption...look at OJ.

Bella Morte

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And don't forget all the little children he molded..with his own hands...

Ahh the willingness of so many people to overlook anything, no matter how serious or grotesque, because it inconveniences their hero worship.

Lady_Calina

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And don't forget all the little children he molded..with his own hands...

Ahh the willingness of so many people to overlook anything, no matter how serious or grotesque, because it inconveniences their hero worship.
He wasn't convicted, and therefore is innocent in the eyes of the law.

Bella Morte

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He wasn't convicted, and therefore is innocent in the eyes of the law.
OMG I LOVE IT!
Someone isn't "convicted" of something in a "court of law" and it unilaterally makes them innocent to so many people.

He wasn't "convicted" because he paid the poor kid's family a few million dollars to drop it.

No court of law ever "convicted" Hitler of murdering six million people, either.

Actually I don't think it even matters. I mean look at Mike Tyson. He _was_ convicted of raping a woman and he's still all over popular culture as a hero. :thumbup: Love it, people. Love it.

W

wee papa smurf

OMG I LOVE IT!
Someone isn't "convicted" of something in a "court of law" and it unilaterally makes them innocent to so many people.

He wasn't "convicted" because he paid the poor kid's family a few million dollars to drop it.

No court of law ever "convicted" Hitler of murdering six million people, either.

Actually I don't think it even matters. I mean look at Mike Tyson. He _was_ convicted of raping a woman and he's still all over popular culture as a hero. :thumbup: Love it, people. Love it.
And his family accepted the money? If they thought he was guilty of molesting there own children then they would want to see him hung drawn and quartered, :talktothehand:

Bella Morte

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And his family accepted the money? If they thought he was guilty of molesting there own children then they would want to see him hung drawn and quartered, :talktothehand:
Oh BS. It just means the poor kid was taken advantage of by both sides.

Michael Jackson was not found innocent of molesting a little boy. There.

*puts on a single black child molesting glove, practices some moves and invites a bunch of kiddos into his bed with him*

Holy ****, I'm everyone's ****ing hero now!

W

wee papa smurf

Oh BS. It just means the poor kid was taken advantage of by both sides.

Michael Jackson was not found innocent of molesting a little boy. There.

*puts on a single black child molesting glove, practices some moves and invites a bunch of kiddos into his bed with him*

Holy ****, I'm everyone's ****ing hero now!
You're just weird