Order Chronicles: The Source

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 11, 2008
Origin: Marble Island
Order Chronicles: The Source

The communication crystal flared to life, filling the dark room with azure light. Lore pulled the covers over his head to block out the latest disruption to his already restless sleep, “Will I never know rest”.

The covers fell to the floor, his body up and moving in an instant casting aside the countless aches of his war torn body as he moved toward the crystal. The life of an Order Knight and Faction General had taken their toll but the scars that pained him could not be seen with the eye nor healed with a spell. He had felt much like the crystal which lain dark and lifeless for many years. He often wondered if he would ever see its light again. Yet here it was glowing brightly, alive once more.

Lore stretched his arm towards the crystal, his hand found it warm and dry to the touch as his mind found the familiar sound of one of his most trusted Order Knights, echoing his name across the vastness of the multiverse, “Commander Denin, Commander...”

“Carinthian WorldWalker, I am here. Report quickly, the window is short.”

“The world we seek is found. The shard we recovered from the Shadowlords confirms the findings. The land is first shadow, from where all magic stems and flows through the multiverse. A ripple here is felt everywhere. This land is the source, the origin.”

Lore took a deep breathe, his heart beating with anticipation, his mind counseling caution. How many times had he heard such reports only to discover another layer in the Gem’s deception, “The multiverse is a house of mirrors, laden with false hopes and illusions. The curse is powerful, perhaps even sentient. It continually shifts and disguises its nature to preserve its existence. For the greatest time I thought we dwelt in the world you speak, only to discover upon recovering the Shards of Immortality that we were mistaken. Then, only upon recovering more of the shards did we grasp the enormity of our task.”

“Yes Commander, I have walked more worlds then any of the Order. I have seen my share of disappointments but this is not such a day. Upon arriving to this land, I initiated the tests, starting in Felucca and progressing to all the facets. Unlike previous trials each test confirmed this to be the land from which magic and nature stem but that is not everything. In my travels I met…” Carinthian hesitated for the first time, unsure how to proceed. “Well it’s… they were expecting us, Commander.”

“That is to be expected. For years, we sought a means to transverse the shards, and diligently followed any rumor such travel. Always did we seek knowledge into the nature of our world, its connection with its counterparts and a means to break the Gem’s curse. The lands will be similar in many ways and unique in others. The fact that you have met others that share our quest is great news and fills me with hope but it does not prove you are in the right world.”

“No Commander, it’s more then that, there is a hidden kingdom here. A mysterious place founded on the principles of Virtue and Order by the followers of the one called the Seer. It is not for me that they have been waiting, but for their King which prophecy says was lost among the shards, and who has been trying to find his way back home. They wait for the Light in the Darkness, “In Lor Des Sanct”; they wait for you milord.”

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oct 30, 2004
deco.girlgamer.net
((OOC: A surprise to see you in these lands Lore Denin....but a pleasure as well. You'd remember me best as Lilly Thann. If you need anything while visiting Origin, please do not hesitate to contact me))

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 11, 2008
Origin: Marble Island
OC: [Lilly Thann!

A name I did not think I would see again in this world. Great to know you are here, its been too long.

I will be bringing the Order over to Origin in June, I have a few people there already preparing the way. Can't wait to see you in game.

Lore's Player]

tink'r_toiz

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 15, 2008
The dragon turned its massive head toward the commotion and stared intently at the “instigator”. Moments earlier the quiet of the late spring afternoon had been broken by a vicious sneak attack. The Faction thief had come from nowhere bent on ruining the afternoon for the dragon’s master.

“NWALME!” Saffron leapt to her feet, drenched and spluttering, as the young scoundrel danced in glee at what she had just done. Nwalme had found it too tempting, Saffron sitting next to the brook so engrossed in her reading. She had stealthed silently in the water and taken careful aim with her "splash".

Toi lowered her massive head to her master as if to offer comfort. “Fine lot of help you are Toi.” The elf tamer muttered as she shook the water from the book she had been reading. It had been a quiet afternoon, restful for a restless time, now disrupted by the ever trouble seeking young thief. The edge of Toi’s mouth twitched as if she attempted a smile.

“So are you here to terrorize me or is there a purpose to this visit?” Saffron stroked Toi’s cheek with the back of her fingers and the dragon partially closed her eyes as she accepted the genuine affection of her master.

Nwalme was standing still. Saffron was instantly at alert as Nwalme did not normally stand still, well not visible at least, so this was cause for complete focus. The quiet tension brought Toi to her feet, her great size towering over the two now motionless True Britainnian fighters.

Saffron managed a whisper, “What is it?”

“Can you not feel it Saffron?” Nwlame began to move, effortlessly slipping into wolf form as she stepped next to her friend. She turned to look toward the city of Britain, now under the control of evil, and then glanced back to Saffron.

Saffron took in a deep breath. “So it is true then. What the Seer Hawkwind told us, this is the land? He will be coming soon?” The more reserved, thoughtful, stable of the two fighters, even she was having trouble controlling her excitement and anticipation.

“It will be glorious,” Nwalme had changed back to human form and her eyes shone brightly. It had been months since she and Saffron had been dispatched to this land. Months of scouting, trying to keep a hand in the faction battles, preparing and now, finally, the day was close.

Saffron was sorely tempted to scold Nwalme for her blood-lust but she knew that contrary to the appearance the thief was genuinely caring of the people in this land. The two had barely met and she had not particularly liked the moody thief before they were dispatched on this mission. Since those early days she had grown to appreciate her as a loyal friend.

The two young elves walked a few paces to the North, following the quiet brook, as if to find a better view of Britain; Toi moved in beside them. Nwalme leaned her head contentedly against the dragon’s shoulder, comfortable to remain visible with the great creature in protection, and handed her a treat.

“Nwalme, what have I told you about feeding Toi so many treats?” Saffron glared at Nwalme with momentary disapproval.

The little bandit just shrugged as the mischief had returned to her and before Saffron could react, Nwalme had upended her into the water, rapidly changing to wolf form and dashing away. She stopped on the small rise and looked back enjoying what appeared to be a smile on Toi's lips.

Barely audible to Saffron above the water now dripping from every inch of her, three words travelled on the spring breeze… “It is time” ….Nwalme entered stealth and slipped away.