• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[OPEN] presents... Valentine's Day Bag Art Contest!

C

Cymoril

<center>

</center>
alling all <font color=red>creative</font color=red> and <font color=red>artistic</font color=red> individuals!

To celebrate Valentine's Day in Oceania, we're holding a Valentine's Day Bag Art Contest! Make your most creative Valentines-themed design in a backpack or pouch, ready for display and judging! All entries will be displayed at our Olympic Arena, to allow others to see the Art, and to allow our judges to score your entries. We have some great prizes up for grabs...

<center>FIRST PRIZE: 500,000 gold
SECOND PRIZE: 200,000 gold
THIRD PRIZE: 100,000 gold</center>

<font color=red>E</font color=red>ntering
• Each entry must be in a "backpack" style bag.
• You may enter as many times as you like, as winners will be scored on merit.
• Entries will be judged in 2D, so we suggest you create your work in Legacy client.
• Once you have created your masterpiece, contact either Cymoril or Digger McTaggart by ICQ (Cymoril 8-239-243, Digger 371-105-650) or Stratics PM with your contact details, or look for us in game!
• Entries must be submitted to us in game by end of 9th February to be eligible.
• You must advise us if you would like your entry returned to you at the completion of the contest.

<font color=red>J</font color=red>udging
• An impartial judging panel will determine the final winners.
• Voting will be available on this Stratics forum from 10th-13th Feb, and the three winners will be determined from the top five voted here.
• Entries will be scored and judged based on creativity/originality, relevance to theme and overall effect.
• All entries will be judged in 2D, so we recommend designing your masterpiece in 2D.

<font color=red>W</font color=red>hat is Bag Art?
For those who aren't aware, "Bag Art" is the art of arranging items in a backpack to create an artistic effect, such as a picture or scene. You can use any UO items to create this. Coins and gems work well for colours, but you're not limited to "dot" drawings. Below are some examples, taken from a previous Stratics Contest (see here for more).

<center>

(Snowflake, by Atlas of Sonoma)

Fire Breathing Dragon, by VasaGGo of Catskills)</center>
Remember this contest is for Valentine's Day, so we need Valentine's Day Themed designs! Winners will be announced in game after the Conjuring Olympic Event (14th February, approximately 7:45pm) at the Olympic Arena in Malas, and posted on Stratics afterward.

<center>

So what are you waiting for? Get designing now!</center>

G

Umm cant use some of my rare collecton of bag art or can I ?

C

Cymoril

<blockquote><hr>

Umm cant use some of my rare collecton of bag art or can I ?

[/ QUOTE ]hehe, no, so allow me to add another rule...

• Entries must be original, created for this contest.

G

Great contest cymmy, I can't wait to see the creativity of Oceania.....and in the theme of love awwwwwwwwwwwww.

I wonder if UO will do anything for Valentines Day this year....I hope they don't redo what they did last year.

G

I love backpack art, was going to run a contest at some point but now I get to enter one instead..

G

I use to love going to different vendors that used bag art to high light there goods. It was just nice to see something creative and pretty.

G

I'd forgotten about this, then realised today is the 7th, so only a week til Valentines day, so only a week to figure somethign out!

And I just packed all my stuff up and moved into my castle, so I have no idea where everything is yet! But I kinda have an inkling of an idea tickling around at the back of my brain - hope it will work!

G

7 Days to go...........I will have to get working on my design.

Any news on what EA are giving us for valentines day...if anything?

I do love my pixels.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Ummm.......isn't it 2 days to go, entries to be in by 9th feb....

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG OMG OMG OMG thats worse...............*runs for her decorating tools*

G

Oh crap! The 9th? I didn't read that =P

Ermm, well, all my stuff is in boxes - not sorted out by any stretch of the imagination!

G

So who is going to offer me some competition? I handed in my bag yesterday, remember you only have till the 9th (1 day) to get in your entries.

C

Cymoril

Just a reminder that there's only one day left for the Bag Art! Here are the entries I have received so far, and I know of only one or two more coming. I won't have ICQ access tomorrow day, as I'll be working, but feel free to send me a PM here, or contact me tomorrow night for any last minute entries!

"Dinner for Two"

"Moonlit Walk"

"Love"

"The Bard"

G

wow some great entries there, has anyone else come up with an entry? only today left to hand them in.

Great competition as always Cymmy.

C

Cymoril

<blockquote><hr>

Eek! Is there a deadline time?

[/ QUOTE ]... end of 9th February. So that means you have until midnight tonight!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Eek! Is there a deadline time?

[/ QUOTE ]... end of 9th February. So that means you have until midnight tonight!

[/ QUOTE ]

Some great entries there ...I can not wait to see the results I personally like the moon light walk best so far.

I

imported_tripzy

wow..these r great.

I like the Bard . thats just awsome

C

Cymoril

Just to update on this - the purpose of putting the voting up on Stratics was to narrow the judging down to the top five as voted. Because there are less than five entries, the Stratics voting is redundant

So the judges are tallying and will have the results ready for Thursday Night (they will be announced and awarded at Conjuring Olympic Event).

C

Cymoril

And the winners are...

<center>FIRST PRIZE:
"Minstrel" by Lady Kat
(wins 1,000,000gp!)

SECOND PRIZE:
"Dinner for Two" by Amathist
(wins 400,000gp!)

THIRD PRIZE:
"Rose of Love" by Queen Aglaranna
(wins 200,000gp!)

Congratulations to all winners!</center>

Moonlit Walk was not a valid entry as it was done by me for fun.

G

Congrats to Lady Kat that was a very impressive bag display, and Queenie like you yours was very cute.

The card in my back pack actually says "to my one true love OCEANIA signed Amathist".

p.s Cymmy could I get my bag back too please, I really want to keep the card.

G

Congrats Lady Kat, Ama and Queenie!

They were all fantastic looking entries! =D (even the one that wasn't eligible =P)

L

Lady_Kat

<font color="purple"> Thank you everyone and another big thank you to OPEN for hosting another original event.
Katlene had suggested that I craft an entry of someone getting stabbed in the heart and having roses shoved up their nostrils but alas, I just couldn’t get the yarn in the right position, oh well.
</font>