• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OOC Meeting with The Widow Annoucement

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
The player known as The Widow will be having an OOC (Out of character) Meeting with anybody who wants to come on Monday, September 28, 2009, at 8 PM PST (11 PM EST) at the EM's Office in Britain Trammel. The player asked me to make sure that EMs Seppo and Pallando and other EA/Mythic officials are aware of this meeting and that the player hopes that at least one of them is able to attend.

WildStar

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As will I. It is my sincere hope that we can get this resolved between the player and the community. I don't know this player personally, but I don't think she meant this to cause drama and tension between the roleplayers.

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One fails to understand the negative reactions of some, to one persons exceptional and intriguing role-play.

Surely in a Virtual world intended for role-play, all should be encouraged in such behavior.

I will seek to have a representative attend.

An SoS

C

Calyndrell

Although I would love to be there... 4am on a weekday... wow.. thats gonna be a tough one to manage specially when i have a long day one the tuesday...

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I kinda agree with Ceno in another post, it's sad that it had to come to this.

I hope I can attend as well, I'm always interested in how you veteran roleplayers are just so damn good at what you do. I'm hoping I can learn a few things.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ken, i hear it all the time that people think im a good RPer....i dont really see myself as a that great of an RPer when i look over at Warder's chars and how he describes almost everything just so it paints a picture in your head on what is really going on, like you're reading a book.
but people tell me im a good RPer, but i also havent RPed for that long. I think the best thing to do is think of it as if you are writing a story.

Who is your char? where are they from? what motivates them? why? and then act it out.

my Ceno char, was once a member of the Order guards and was under commands to stop the undead from killing everyone and to stop Jou'nar. (This of course refers to the old trinsic quest) He has done horrible things to innocent people but he didn't know it at the time and thought he was doing the right thing. he is a good kind hearten man who would give the shirt off his back to a man of need. but he is tormented of his past as well.
And that is how i roleplay him. Every action you do, you have to think "what would a person who has this kind of influence do right now?"

Asimov is very close to Ceno in certain ways. Asimov is evil where Ceno is good. its like looking at dark and light sides.

But i also put small twists in them. Ceno will talk differently than Asimov. I always cap the first letter of someones name (more out of habit) where as Asimov i dont cap anyones name except for Proserpina's and Cymidei's.

ANYWAYS....
back on topic here...

I talked to the Widow last night and she even told me that when she goes to the meeting and goes "ock" (OOC) that she will be broken and that her magic will be gone.
This makes me worried that she will leave Baja as the Widow and never use the char again and its an amazing character.

I for one will be there at the meeting but i will be in character, and i will NOT ask a single question. And you have no idea how many questions i want to ask her. But I respect the Widow as an amazing RPer and so I will not ask someone, who has never broken character before any questions at all regarding OOC issues.
I respect her that much.

Ancient Sosarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ceno,

I had hoped you'd talk her into not going, and/or not breaking character.

To lose the Widow over a few folks who exhibit real signs of insanity and obsession, would be a great loss and a real shame.

An SoS

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i tried, but she insists on going. i told her i wouldnt allow her to step into the building but i dont see how i can stop her

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lord Elladan will attend.

Hopefully, the Player AND their Character will be assured they are appreciated and that many enjoy their contributions.

And hopefully, drama may be ended and Peace restored within the world of Britannia, and throughout the Community.

Lord Elladan of Trinsic/Baja

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question: Is there a way for the parties that are involved could attend this meeting and noone else? I'd be afraid that if too many are there, it would get off subject too easily. I have no idea what's going on and intend to keep it that way. But I'd sure like to see some resolution without someone having to go out of character for everyone to see when she hasn't had to do it before. It's just a thought.....

Cadsuane Sedai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who would the parties involved be?
Her against the establishment?
Her against her Accusers?

I'll be there if she needs me.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
When The Widow spoke to me about this meeting, she wanted it open to the whole community.

WildStar

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
I will be there and bring some others. I would like to hear what the widow has to say. I have heard many many great things about her.

Please note I will be going there as my own character. The Village signature below I do not speak for.

Hilda The Old Bat

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Friends,

I am saddened to see that this has become such a emotionally charged issue. I feel that Warder's post clearly and justly clarifies The Widow's thoughts and actions and that we should all move on.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=159918

I think The Widow is a role model for ALL roleplayers. And I think it would be an injustice to her and to the roleplaying community for her to be broken. I think it would be an injustice to her and the community for her to have to stand up in front of her peers and rehash what has already been expressed clearly and thoughtfully. I think it is an injustice to her and the roleplaying community that she has been targeted in a forum out of character. How would you feel if that happened to you? None of us are perfect, I'm at the head of that list.

You may have seen me at the West Britian Bank talking with a few other old bats about how if an old fortune teller could make a claim to be Lord British's wife than I could too. It was done in game, in character. I also made a post to that effect also but it was done in character. It wasn't done maliciously. With that said and done I want you to know that I feel a tremendous amount of respect for the Widow and the person that plays her.

Let this be a lesson to us all. Think twice before you criticize another's roleplaying to someone else. If anyone of you is without sin let him be the first to throw a stone at her.

Widow, if you read this I beg you not to lose your magic. I want you to be a part of my story and Baja's story. I would love to be there along side of you sweeping the streets of Brittan hoping for a bit of wisdom to be passed down to this daughter.

With Respect to all,

Hilda the Old Bat

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings Friends,

I am saddened to see that this has become such a emotionally charged issue. I feel that Warder's post clearly and justly clarifies The Widow's thoughts and actions and that we should all move on.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=159918

I think The Widow is a role model for ALL roleplayers. And I think it would be an injustice to her and to the roleplaying community for her to be broken. I think it would be an injustice to her and the community for her to have to stand up in front of her peers and rehash what has already been expressed clearly and thoughtfully. I think it is an injustice to her and the roleplaying community that she has been targeted in a forum out of character. How would you feel if that happened to you? None of us are perfect, I'm at the head of that list.

You may have seen me at the West Britian Bank talking with a few other old bats about how if an old fortune teller could make a claim to be Lord British's wife than I could too. It was done in game, in character. I also made a post to that effect also but it was done in character. It wasn't done maliciously. With that said and done I want you to know that I feel a tremendous amount of respect for the Widow and the person that plays her.

Let this be a lesson to us all. Think twice before you criticize another's roleplaying to someone else. If anyone of you is without sin let him be the first to throw a stone at her.

Widow, if you read this I beg you not to lose your magic. I want you to be a part of my story and Baja's story. I would love to be there along side of you sweeping the streets of Brittan hoping for a bit of wisdom to be passed down to this daughter.

With Respect to all,

Hilda the Old Bat
Amen!

John Connelly

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be a great pity if The Widow went out of character or gave up role playing her character. This kind of RP should be encouraged and admired, not questioned.

Don't give up the role Widow.

H

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I have heard from other people is that they do not agree with a few comments she has made during events and apparently had interupted the events. I for one havent been able to attend any EM events for almost 2 months now because a certain EM *glares at Seppo* keeps making them while I am at work! (granted I love Seppo and Pallando and I cant actually blame them for that lol)
But when talking to a few of these people I have learned that they are more mad at people DEFENDING the Widow's claim and not really the Widow herself. Almost every time I start to hear how she has interupted an event I ask "she did?" to which I get a reply that usually sounds like "well, other people were making the claim for her!"

If anything, these "claims" made by other people were In character claims.

Sadly, when I logged on last night there was a VERY heated talk in the BRPA alliance chat and I sat there for a good 5-10 mins listening to both sides and I felt sick.
I asked both sides of the "talk" this:
What has the Widow done to your char? and why is it such a big deal?

Response I get were that she caused a disruption at an event and so they dont like her. Ok...but that didn't answer my question. So I asked again. Truth be told she hasn't done anything bad to anyone.
You may like her, you may not but she still should be respected. If your char thinks shes a batty old woman who spouts nothing but lies then RP it so but none of this should be posted on the forums.

There are lots of people I dont like IC and OOC but you know what? I keep them seperate. We are all adults here and I will say what I said in our alliance chat to everyone.
"Can we at least RP as adults? cause right now that would be blinkin' amazing"

People have different opinions, its that simple. No one will agree with everyone 100% of the time. But we are all adults and you should be able to agree that you disagree with someone! and that should be it. Why is this so heated? it shouldnt have to be. it should be "I think this and you think that, ok well I don't agree but thats all good" and move on.

You like the Widow or you hate her thats up to you BUT we should all stand together and tell her NOT to break her character. Why should we lose such an amazing RPer and character? In her own right she should be getting a lot of respect even if you don't like her just because of how she is able to stay in character no matter what. And you know what? She can be quite scary sometimes.

There are a lot of times lately where I log in for short periods of time and not let anyone know it, i dont log on icq or anything. I will do something real fast then log and then days later have the Widow see me at the bank and she asks me how whatever it was I was doing went. No idea how she knows it, I didnt see anyone else and I didnt talk to anyone but there are times she knows what I have done.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If those who do not wish the Widow to break character and go OOC for the first time, Myself and a few others will be ariving early to the EM Meeting Hall and "blocking" the door so she may not enter.

Even if you don't like the Widow she shouldnt have to break character, So even if you don't like her I still ask you to at least stand with us to not have her break her character.

Through out the years that I have played UO I have seen MANY people RP or claim that they were Lord Brits secret wife or lover or some sort of child of Lord Brit. How do I know this? I have a habit of reading peoples profiles. I use to sit at WBB and just read peoples profiles cause some were just too darn funny.

But you all have to admit that she is an amazing RPer and shouldnt have to break her character and so I ask and beg you all not to allow her to enter that hall to break her character.

Cadsuane Sedai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sorry I could not make it someone jacked up my computer while on CQ I spent all night and the next day fixing it. has to restore windows and everything. Again I am so sorry i wasn't there.

Status
Not open for further replies.