• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] One of a Kind Event Item

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Statue"

It's the angel graphic statue in a brown hue. It can be engraved with anything you want but is as of yet, un-engraved.

This item was obtained at the legends battle chicken event last night. It was stolen from EM Helios before he could put an engraving on it pertaining to a winner of the tournament. As a result, it's a clean slate of an event item, that even if he totally replicated for the sake of providing the winner the same statue he'd intended, their statue would have an engraving on it.

This is an entirely unique event item. 1 of 1.

You could engrave it to say anything you want. (a uniquely customized event item for yourself)

You can keep it un-engraved and thus totally unique in its hue and lack of engraving.

The item will be delivered on ATL or Legends at no cost.

I will put up a picture by Wednesday.

EDIT:Below is a side by side comparison between a crafted bronze statue and the event item. The one on the left was crafted, the one on the right is a unique 1 of a kind em event item that you can customize to say whatever you want.

As a result of obtaining this item, I'll be having an auction.

All bids must be posted here in this thread.
Opening bid: 50million
Buyout: 250million

CURRENT BID: 50million PoCove
The Auction will end February 16th at 10pm EST.

Questions may be directed via ICQ 248964600 but bids must be in this thread.

Attachments

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
14 Days left. It's a one of a kind event item. A uniquely hued statue that you could engrave with anything you want.

This is your chance to get a customizable event item folks!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
8 Days left. Don't miss out on your opportunity to get a uniquely hued statued you can engrave with anything you want.

Be the envy of your friends with a customizable event item.

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No further conversation will be tolerated.

If you don't want to bid on the item, don't!

Pm EM Helios or Mesanna if you have questions regarding the items legality, this back and forth argument is speculative and is getting nowhere.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just fair warning to anyone interested in the item, the way the item was obtained was against the rules of the house, stated in a book by the EM. So he would be well within his rights to "dissapear" this statue.
This is factually untrue. The EM would be in jeopardy of losing his job for interfering in normal game play at this point. Aside from that, the EM has made the item legitimate in respect to the thieves play style and the fact that had he not been okay with the issue, he could have made himself un-snoopable and theft-proof to boot.

Beyond this, there are 4 remaining days.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, if you engrave something, that's it.

Also, less than 13 hours left before PoCove will walk away with it at a bargain of 50mill.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just to be fair, if a bid is made in the last 10 minutes, bidding will be extended for an additional 10 minutes.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Truly it's a courtesy to pocove, as it would be quite lame for him to find out he was out bid by someone by a tiny amount just as the auction drew to a close.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that the auction is over, I would like to state that you are mistaken if you think that 50M gold was a bargain price. Arguably, you got a pretty good value for it. This unique event item is a craftable statue with a slightly different hue. In fact, one would be hard pressed to call it an event item. Why?

1) An event item generally follows a certain template. For instance, it almost always has some sort of a special name attached to it. Also, it is generally customized for a specific event making it unlikely for it to be recreated in the future.

This item is merely a way for the EM to reward participants in the tournament with a slightly special item. The trend has been to not give classical event rewards for tournament formats. Crafted clothing with a name longer than it is normally possible also falls in this category. However, that is actually far more distinct than a slightly different hue.

2) There is nothing stopping the EM from giving out more of these statues with the same hue. You would not even be in a position to complain about it. An event item is generally not replicated, unless it makes sense in terms of an on-going arc.

3) Even if you consider the above type of rewards as normal event items, you are still missing a key ingredient often discounted by rare collectors. That is the fact that it has no emotional/personal value attached to it. Yes, you can engrave the item yourself. But, for majority of players, it is more special if they knew an EM did it.

Your item did not go through the proper process. You stole it from an EM who was being careless. The fact that you stole it does make it an interesting story, assuming you recited it in that manner. All I saw was an attempt at a quick buck.

In conclusion, you came out ahead with 50M gold for it.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100% Agree.

I saw a few people posting on this thread (myself included) just to warn others that this statue can be crafted and the only difference with a crafted one is the slighty different hue, as you posted.
And Ive tried to remark that -every- statue out there can be engraved and event items are renamed, not engraved. (except those rewards for silly competitions that doesnt have renamed items as rewards).

Anyway, it was decided that we cannot discuss anything about the item on a sales thread so the posts were removed. My opinion is that any kind of constructive discussion that could help other rare collector should be permitted.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tomas,

I provided the story for it in the proper place. Despite what folks on this forum say, I recognized the item to be a distinct color immediately. Perhaps, my eye is sharper than yours or perhaps it doesn't show as well on stratics but the fact remains, ore colors have subtle gradations that were not on this statue.

Despite your statement, it's interesting to have an incomplete event item. Helios has been pretty good about keeping items changing for events. Indeed, even if helios continued to use this graphic and color, the item would, by his own admission, come engraved.

I'm sorry you feel that an old school player dusting off a thief character is such a shame, or that a thief selling his goods is "a quick buck" but that's how it always was. I believe PoCove got a great deal, I'm happy for him. He's a good guy and a reliable purchaser of legends event items from me as it is.

Thieves have robbed the special robed ones for a very long time, and it's a bit of a pride thing to do so. A write up was standard procedure as was being completely honest about its origin.

Your key ingredient that is missing, is precisely what is unique about this statue. It wasn't given some sentimental name but the owner may do with it as he pleases or keep it as it is. Should PoCove choose, the statue could become an awesome gift or a great conversation piece.

Most event items are craftable items with some special characteristic. I would argue that many items folks collect are not eye catching or note worthy in any way. Most of the folks I spoke with about the item before putting it up for auction found it as interesting as I did.

You like apples, others like bananas and some folks like oranges. Your critique is not only unnecessary, it comes off as rude.

Next time, address me in a PM because that is a better means of conveying your message.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100% Agree.

I saw a few people posting on this thread (myself included) just to warn others that this statue can be crafted and the only difference with a crafted one is the slighty different hue, as you posted.
And Ive tried to remark that -every- statue out there can be engraved and event items are renamed, not engraved. (except those rewards for silly competitions that doesnt have renamed items as rewards).

Anyway, it was decided that we cannot discuss anything about the item on a sales thread so the posts were removed. My opinion is that any kind of constructive discussion that could help other rare collector should be permitted.
Except for the fact that this is the only event item statue that you can engrave. This distinction is one of note, friend.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Appraisals are going to be different for EVERY SINGLE BUYER.

Tomas' opinions are his own. They are not universal, nor are mine.

I do, on this item, agree with TB, but for a slightly different reason. The reason I wouldn't want to buy this item is if locked down in my museum, NO ONE would take a second look at this item. 99.9% of the visitors wouldn't noticed what you claim to have known instantly, that the color was so slightly different... So, I'm sorry to be among the detractors, but I have to say this seems a second cousin to a bad deal....

Regardless, one man's trash is another man's treasure: if PoCove thinks it's worth 50m, that is all that matters in this case.

Enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.