• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

One Account + Nine Soulstones= What?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
This is a Siege specific question. One character with nine Soulstones. Nothing else... used all the vet reward picks on Soulstones.

What would you folks do with that? Knowing what you know now. *smiles*

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
well let's break this down into a couple of questions and sub-questions:

dexxer or caster? This question first because stats take a while to change so you'll most likely stick with the one or the other.

solo or in a group?

PvM or PvP?

if PvM: highend monsters or random stuff?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Take into account Stats are almost impossible to change. You need to earn the gold to get the scrolls.

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would say he was out of his mind. I have only used 1 vet reward for a soulstone, and CharGar has 14. You can buy them quite easily now.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you wanna go dexxer, make a sampire and get your gold and scrolls from soloing spawns:

120 swords, 120 bushido, 120 chivalry, 100 tactics, 100 anatomy, 100 necro, 60 parry is your standard sampire template you could aim for. Put 120 imbuing and 100 resist on soulstones, so you can make your own suits and weapons and switch anatomy with resist if you're facing heavy casters (especially when they tend to cast blood oath!). This template will rely on double axes (whirlwind and doublestrike) for most monsters and spawns.

Another variation of the sampire would be 120 melee skill, 120 archery, 120 bushido, 100 tactics, 100 anatomy, 100 necro, 60 chivalry. I used this to bang out Ratspawns rather quickly (whirlwind through the spawn and use a composite bow for the champ (chain AIs)). Also works great on other spawns like Rikktor for example. Have 120 parry and 120 imbuing on stones so you can switch archery with parry for single boss monsters that hit hard and often and so you can imbue your own suits and weapons.

Both these templates are very versatile and can solo most of not all of the content in the game but they're also nice to have in a group.

Other skills I would put on stones: 40 necro and 120 spiritspeak (to replace 100 necro and 60 chiv/parry; cast wraithform from scrolls and leech all that mana back), 120 taloring, 120 blacksmithing, 100 armslore, 100 fletching or some other crafting skill.
With these skills you should be able to supply pretty much everything you need while adding a little more versatility

The sampire build will allow you to get all those powerscrolls you might ever want and make tons of gold while doing so. Also you'll be able to farm up all needed imbuing ingredients for your weapons and suit. By switching out certain skills you could even turn this into a pvp dexxer (melee archer for example or bokuto samurai, although here you'll find you'll be lacking mana and have too much dex)

If you prefer to go the caster route, then a necro mage might be a nice start:

120 necro, 120 spiritspeak, 120 magery, 120 eval, 120 resist, 120 meditation.

This will also let you solo champ spawns to get those scrolls and a lot of gold (go in wraith form and wither through spawn and use skeletal dragons (necro mastery) on the champ while healing them and blasting him with spells). Other skills you might want on stones: 120 taming, 120 animal lore, 120 vet, 120 spellweaving, 120 mysticism and 120 focus. The great advantage as a caster is you don't necessarily need to have crafting skills since you can find decent usable gear from monsters. However, you could also put 120 imbuing, 120 tailoring and 100 armslore on stones to be self sufficient in that area. Just like the sampire you'll be able to farm scrolls, gold and imbuing ingredients with the necro mage to get you set up.

Of course the templates above with all the 120s are what you should aim for in the long run...at first you'll have to do with gm skills and work your way up. use the remaining skill points in additional skills that complement your template (e.g. healing to help with staying alive, or hiding to escape PKs and/or monsters)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
Siege 2000 was much simpler that what we have today. Today's Siege citizen's will not have easy artifacts to rely upon. Some did put much thought into Stats using Soulstones. Max is right on... How would you do this now?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what do you mean, how would you do this now?
Like how would I start that character? Or what skills would I train first? Not sure what you're asking :)

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what do you mean, how would you do this now? Pick dexer or mage base template from Max's earlier post
Like how would I start that character? Start working skills to adjust stats
Or what skills would I train first? Try to get all skills you want to work to 70 to get RoT in sync, then RoT to target value together (unless you have scrolls, SOAs or SOTs, set aside or plan to buy some)
Not sure what you're asking :) Aye... tis a strange set of posts from a vet. You feeling ok Kelmo?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you're making a completely new character then make sure to start with 30+ bushido if you're going the sampire route. saves you the extra effort of obtaining +skill jewellery to be able to gain in that skill.

Lore Denin (GL)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a Siege specific question. One character with nine Soulstones. Nothing else... used all the vet reward picks on Soulstones.

What would you folks do with that? Knowing what you know now. *smiles*
I would contact Lore Denin because I heard he has begun training a new generation in Lorian Order Guard. A way of conducting oneself in character and in game long lost.

Then you say "Ok maybe but what I have is a character with 9 soulstones, what should I do?"

And the I say, "Forget all that nonesense. Forget about soulstones, stats, skill gain etc. Tell me the story of the character you want to play. Tell me about the character that inspires you to play, what do you see him/her do? What shaped who they are to this point where you are picking up the story? How does he talk, how does she act? What drives them to do the things she does? "

The character will come to life, rather then be a set of skills. Ignore the thinking "but these skills are better for pvp or pvm, etc."

Can't your Dark Necromancer bent on conquering the world, also secretly want to be a Britannia rock star and takes singing lessons at night!! Maybe it was the loss of his mother at a young age, that drove him to seek the arts of necromancy unable to accept she is gone.... but maybe deep down all you really wanted was to hear her sing you to sleep one last time....

Kelmo if you are looking for something different and want to try Virtue rp/pvp, where skills like poisoning, necro, hiding and stealth are forbidden, and Chiv is required, let me know, I have just started to train a small group in the ways of the Lorian Order Guard and if your interested I know you'd be a great addition. Plus for years I've been hoping to work with you more directly (a shame I made my way to siege after factions had left us) but the few times we have worked together its always been fun.

So yes, first step ignore everything and tell yourself a story that inspires you, and go out and live that story through your character.

-Lore

Tyrath

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would make one of weird templates I like so much. Like a Necro mage tamer and toss skills on the stones like imbue, tailor, begging, detect hidden, lock pick, stealing, cooking, and poisoning. of course my latest is a Samuri tamer that rides a pink CU. actually proving very effective in PvM. The necro mage tamer with a GD and 100 poisoning is pretty devastating in PvM to dropping poison fields, spamming wither and the guarding dragon hitting everything that targets or touches you. I thought that template would suck but it is actually a very effective mob destroyer. Plus leaves room for some twisted RP.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
This really is merely a discussion. I was looking at one of my accounts and realized that the skills were just a hodge podge mix . Some of the skills made no sense with the current stats...

I am attempting to fix the skills in a fashion that makes sense to the 'theme" of that particular account. I was wondering what someone might do with a fresh start at Siege. One account and a handful of Soulstones, nothing else.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
did I mention I am a red? problems with reds in pvp are obvious though: no access to the virtues (no selfres and even worse no honoring and no protection for champ spawns etc.)
There used to be a rule where reds only got 1/3 of the gold from monsters, I am not sure whether this is still the case...
Resing and healing reds will turn you grey of course and some people like to avoid that, but all you have to do is wait out the 2 minute timer to be blue again. VvV in a pvm party are much more annoying because they will turn everyone orange after a while and that will last far longer than the 2 minutes criminal timer...

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still alive lol ! Yeh I often miss UO and every one whom played it ! But omg my adult kids got me onto Facebook and if I want to see what they are up to I have to go on Facebook ! My entire neighborhood on it soooo still on computer and smart phone and tablet just not games !

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still alive lol ! Yeh I often miss UO and every one whom played it ! But omg my adult kids got me onto Facebook and if I want to see what they are up to I have to go on Facebook ! My entire neighborhood on it soooo still on computer and smart phone and tablet just not games !
Hi Miranda good to see you again!

-Kaisa

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*waves* Glad to hear from ya!