• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

old template revamp question

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so i have a old template revamp question.
back in the days of factions i use to run a Nox/Fencer/Thief.
so he could stealth in and steal sigils and if he got jumped he could Lethal whoever came at him - while not enough to kill most people it would keep them busy so i could make my escape and any hapless thief i would run accross i could kill them fairly easily to get them out of my way.

simple template.
Fencing 110
Poison 90
Hiding 100
Stealth 100
Stealing 100
Ninjitsu 100
Chiv 70
Focus 50

i would use my suit/ring/watch to boost up stealth/ninja/stealing.

so now with factions dead this template is dead.
i went and tried it in VvV but without detect hidden you cant find the sigils to even steal them - AND you need 120 stealing to do the VvV stealing.

so i had thought i would just buff up the stealing to 120 real.
still dosnt help me because i cant detect the sigils.
so then i thought id drop stealing and put tactics on, but i already have a nox/fencer.

so im kinda stuck.
i wonder if just working up the stealing to 120 real and running like it is with a smugglers edge?
i could steal stuff from dungeons and use the smugglers edge to steal from monsters, could lethal monsters that get too close.....

it really is kinda of a dead template right now.

anyone have any suggestions?

(i have 12 of them that i need to fix.... so ya)

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so i have a old template revamp question.
back in the days of factions i use to run a Nox/Fencer/Thief.
so he could stealth in and steal sigils and if he got jumped he could Lethal whoever came at him - while not enough to kill most people it would keep them busy so i could make my escape and any hapless thief i would run accross i could kill them fairly easily to get them out of my way.

simple template.
Fencing 110
Poison 90
Hiding 100
Stealth 100
Stealing 100
Ninjitsu 100
Chiv 70
Focus 50

i would use my suit/ring/watch to boost up stealth/ninja/stealing.

so now with factions dead this template is dead.
i went and tried it in VvV but without detect hidden you cant find the sigils to even steal them - AND you need 120 stealing to do the VvV stealing.

so i had thought i would just buff up the stealing to 120 real.
still dosnt help me because i cant detect the sigils.
so then i thought id drop stealing and put tactics on, but i already have a nox/fencer.

so im kinda stuck.
i wonder if just working up the stealing to 120 real and running like it is with a smugglers edge?
i could steal stuff from dungeons and use the smugglers edge to steal from monsters, could lethal monsters that get too close.....

it really is kinda of a dead template right now.

anyone have any suggestions?

(i have 12 of them that i need to fix.... so ya)
I dont get it why u need to have nox on this temp? U know u get revealed for every poison tick u deal on ur opponent, thats 1.
2 please dont tell me u need chiv for sacred journey, just go with recall charges on ur book. So invest whats left on resisting spells/stealing and detect. With no reisist u risk getting para spammed and mana vamped u to death.

Now, no offense but ur temp is an abuse to the game, if the devs dont realize that players shouldnt be able to recall our from vvv active towns, especially that ur a vvv assigned character. This is absolutely something the devs need to look at @Kyronix @Bleak. All i see lately is unknown guilds taking the top of the vvv lists for turning sigils with minimum efforts.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I dont get it why u need to have nox on this temp? U know u get revealed for every poison tick u deal on ur opponent, thats 1.
2 please dont tell me u need chiv for sacred journey, just go with recall charges on ur book. So invest whats left on resisting spells/stealing and detect. With no reisist u risk getting para spammed and mana vamped u to death.

Now, no offense but ur temp is an abuse to the game, if the devs dont realize that players shouldnt be able to recall our from vvv active towns, especially that ur a vvv assigned character. This is absolutely something the devs need to look at @Kyronix @Bleak. All i see lately is unknown guilds taking the top of the vvv lists for turning sigils with minimum efforts.
no offense taken, i dont VvV.
as to why chiv, you can cast sacred journey and hide and land hidden.
back in the faction days that was a massive plus.
plus being able to recall, heal, cure divine fury ect ect ect is handy as a back up to pots of course.
this character was never a front line player only a sig stealer that could hold his own for a couple minutes if the need arises.
resist spells, bah humbug thats what trap boxes are for.

at any rate i dont want to revamp this character for VvV, i just want to revamp him (them) to be a useful template for anything.
hence why im asking if anyone has any suggestions.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
All i see lately is unknown guilds taking the top of the vvv lists for turning sigils with minimum efforts.
its far from minimal and it does require a lot of skill points tied up in the template to do it.
with so many points tied up in detect and steal you cant expect that player to be able to fight toe to toe.
they have made it so you pretty much have to run a pure detect thief to do it.
detect thieves are not good in pvp.... for very long.
now if we didnt have LRC and i could steal your regs of bandaids and pots while we danced, that would be interesting.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
as to why chiv, you can cast sacred journey and hide and land hidden.
Firstly, respect, for probably being the only other person in UO to know this.

As for the template, as you have multiple chars/accounts spare, you can afford to make more 'out there' templates. Ones for just d*cking around annoying people. Which is my favourite playstyle. Depending on how many templates you're rebuilding and how likely you are to spend any time actually playing them you may want to consider waiting until the Tactics changes are finalised as it's more than likely going to be a game changer.

How about a turtle? It's a Stealth template with minimum levels, so 100 Hiding, 80 Stealth, 110 Ninja (I'd probably go 120 Ninja anyway for obvious reasons), you can then combine it with things like Alchemy/Wrestling/Bandages/Parry/Reactive Paralyse/Reflect Physical Damage/Blood Oath/Chiv... you basically pick a target, ideally someone with 100% physical damage weapon and proceed to annoy the hell out of them with Mirror Images/60 HPR (cat/dog), poison forms (frog/serpent), Conflags, Supernova, Greater Explode pots.

Or a dedicated fister. 4/6 Chiv with caster stats and defensive options.

I'd also consider a PvM Wrestler in Horrific Beast or Stone Form.

I'm sure something interesting could probably be done with those new Tinkering Autonomawhatsits but haven't bothered to look at them yet.

Lastly, as it's always such a chore to make anything into a Tamer if you're not already dismantling one, I'd go for a 4/6 Chiv vampire Tamer. Just fun in general.