• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Resist Spells] old player looking for a lil advise

T

TheGiggler

Hi, All
It's been a few years since i have trainered any mage or combat skills. I am curently finishing off my mage and the last skill left is resist I'm at 115 and i just ate a 120.. The last time i trained resist all ya had to do was jewel up 2 your skill cap goto the hedge maze and find a "Magic Imp" and watch the skill gains roll in.. With all the other changes to the movement based skill gain i asume this has been changed as well.

So i guess im looking for what some of the new training methods are now heres my template also wonder what to do with the last 40 skill points i have..
120 magery
120 eval
120 med
120 resist have 5.0 to go
100 inscription
100 poisoning
and 40 ????

Thanx for any ifo u guys might have!!

G

GFY

I would trade poisoning for wrestling. Poisoning needs some love at this time and the wrestling defensive skill will make this template much tuffer.

M

Mr.Fernandes

Yeah, I am tryign out wrestling now, and it is quite nice. Also a fun option for those other 40 points might be spellweaving.

As for leveling up REsist Spells, well, I went from 40 to 100 in about an hour and a half by rounding up spectral spellcasters (or whatever they are) in Old Haven and stnading on the steps of the private home near the village, forcing the whole dozen fo them toc ast their debuffs on me, rather than dealing damage. I have no idea if that tactic would continue to b efficient for the last 20 points to legendary level.

T

TheGiggler

Ok if i did stone poisoning off the char how far would you take wrestling?? I'd have 140 skill points left and i had already ate a 120 wrestling scroll

Whacha tink about archery?? I dont know how it would work without tacts or anatomy?? Lol i guess i should go read about it b4 i post about it..:spider:

Anyway i been casting air ellies and having them attack me and i guess its work'n im up 2 116.4 but im gonna give ur method a try tomorrow

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive 120'd a lot of mages in resisting spells. And i usually just cast debuffs on my self over and over again, if you have more then once avvount you can set a loop for them to cast on you aswell in uoa.

G

GFY

Ok if i did stone poisoning off the char how far would you take wrestling?? I'd have 140 skill points left and i had already ate a 120 wrestling scroll

Whacha tink about archery?? I dont know how it would work without tacts or anatomy?? Lol i guess i should go read about it b4 i post about it..:spider:

Anyway i been casting air ellies and having them attack me and i guess its work'n im up 2 116.4 but im gonna give ur method a try tomorrow
IMHO archery on a mage is a big waiste of time. You also don't have any buffs like chivalry, bushido, anatomy, or tactics. Not to mention you have low dex so your swing speed will be S L O W.

Take wrestling all the way to 120. It didn't start to get really fun until I hit 115 +. Opponents start hitting you noticabley less and disarm works better until you hit 120 when it works very well. (One thing to remember however, keep your stamina up if you want to disarm dexxers. I carry a few refresh pots so I can disarm quickly)

T

TheGiggler

Welp i guess that makes perfectly good sence. The dex wont be a problem. I guess all i got to do is do it!! lol

Thanx for the info