• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Old 3 slot WW training, magery or chivalry?

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hello, I am currently training a old 3 slot WW and am wondering if I should keep the magery and eval or sub it out for chivalry. I am looking to make a high dps single target WW with good survivability. I have him all set except I am not sure if i want to replace the magery with chiv. Whats the damage comparison between the two? Whats the healing difference? Another thing is if i keep magery it will allow me to add extra hit points, bringing him from around 600 to mid 700ish. So the question is chivalry or magery and 500 points worth of hit points. Thanks!

Last edited:

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hey khaelor, thanks for the reply. Yeah, ive noticed that they like to bless themselves alot. However, I run eval on my tamer just to keep bless up on my pets as I usually two box with a peace/disco tamer. So i ended up going with chivalry, heres what I've got so far. I currently have 390 points left to spend. Im not really sure where I should allocate them. I think i can get one more special on him, although im not sure what other specials besides AI are worth adding due to the extra mana loss. The only other things to add would be 120 resist, hp/mana or more sta regen. Im a bit new to the pet taming system so not quite sure where to go from here. Maybe Ill hold onto the points and wait to see what changes they make. Either way I'm very happy with his single target DPS. I still have some training to do but he seems very capable. Only concern is the lowish hps. Any thoughts on what to do with the 390 points? Thanks

Attachments

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I would go more hits/mana/120 resist, definately not more stam regen, shouldn't need more than what you have. Or you can hold on to the points, we do that on quite a few pets.

Joro

Visitor
Hello, I was hoping for some help building a pre-patch, 3-slot White Wyrm. Could some people with experience suggest some builds that stand out for a WW? For example, what about Chiv and AI? Or what about a magic, AI and and an Area of Effect? Thanks for all the good work in the forums.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
Hello, I was hoping for some help building a pre-patch, 3-slot White Wyrm. Could some people with experience suggest some builds that stand out for a WW? For example, what about Chiv and AI? Or what about a magic, AI and and an Area of Effect? Thanks for all the good work in the forums.
For a pre-patch WW, most people recommend training it with armor ignore and chivalry. Best single target damage output. Make sure you are familiar with the training process before you do anything to your WW because if you make a mistake you CANNOT correct it.

Sonreir

Visitor
For a pre-patch WW, most people recommend training it with armor ignore and chivalry. Best single target damage output. Make sure you are familiar with the training process before you do anything to your WW because if you make a mistake you CANNOT correct it.
I'm also a returning player with an old WW. How do I familiarize myself with the training process? My WW is at about 65% trained right now and I'm not sure which selections should be made when he levels up.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm also a returning player with an old WW. How do I familiarize myself with the training process? My WW is at about 65% trained right now and I'm not sure which selections should be made when he levels up.
If you have an old white wyrm and you are trying to train it before learning the system or training anything else, I would highly suggest to just stop now.

Learn the training process.

Train some other pets.

Go to test center to practice.

You will make mistakes that you cannot take back, everyone here has done it when they were learning the system.

You cannot replace your wyrm. You cannot undo mistakes. You will be happier waiting.

Last edited:

Sonreir

Visitor
OK. I'll hold off, but how do I get to a point where I can make informed decisions on what to train? How do I know which stats to raise (I assume that's part of the selections)? I hear a lot of folks go with Armor Ignore and Chivalry and I think I understand that part, but what other selections should be made and why?

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
OK. I'll hold off, but how do I get to a point where I can make informed decisions on what to train? How do I know which stats to raise (I assume that's part of the selections)? I hear a lot of folks go with Armor Ignore and Chivalry and I think I understand that part, but what other selections should be made and why?

I would perhaps look through our foundations section of uo-cah.com or even look through the Legacy Nightmare training guide, there are some explanations of why you train certain things in that.

You cannot increase str, dex, or int on a white wyrm though.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Copy To Test Center. When you do there are pet advancement gates in Britain commons that allow you to level any pet as well as a bonding gate. Load up on untrained pets you are interested in and copy over. I do this with all my pets so they are not ruined on my shard by a mistake. UO-cah.com is also very nice to plan ahead and I am very thankful for this site for planning ahead.

Sonreir

Visitor
What's the goal with copying to the test shard? It seems that adding things in the correct order is important, but I'm still a bit fuzzy on what success looks like and what failure looks like. How do I know if I have trained my pet well? Do you just pick abilities and then take them out to fight to see how well they did?

Sonreir

Visitor
OK... so I've been doing some reading and here's the plan so far. Critical responses would be very much appreciated.

3 => 4
Bump stamina to 150
Resists to 80
Mana Regen to 30
Hit Point Regen to 20
Stamina Regen to 5
Remainder into Hit Points
Remaining points into Mana

4 => 5
Max Base damage
Armor Ignore
Chivalry
Power Scrolls (if and when I get any) - Chivalry, Focus, Meditation, Resisting Spells, Wrestling, Tactics, Anatomy, Parry
Any remaining points into Stamina Regen

Thoughts?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK... so I've been doing some reading and here's the plan so far. Critical responses would be very much appreciated.

3 => 4
Bump stamina to 150
Resists to 80
Mana Regen to 30
Hit Point Regen to 20
Stamina Regen to 5

4 => 5
Max Base damage
Armor Ignore
Chivalry
Power Scrolls (if and when I get any) - Chivalry, Focus, Meditation, Resisting Spells, Wrestling, Tactics, Anatomy, Parry

Thoughts?
At four to five you have more than 100 extra points to use. You can increase intel to max and then add HP or Stam Regen. Go cheapest to most expensive when using the gravy points.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
At four to five you have more than 100 extra points to use. You can increase intel to max and then add HP or Stam Regen. Go cheapest to most expensive when using the gravy points.
White wyrms are already at max intel.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

3 => 4
Bump stamina to 150
Resists to 80
Mana Regen to 30
Hit Point Regen to 20
Stamina Regen to 5

4 => 5
Max Base damage
Armor Ignore
Chivalry

Thoughts?

Still going to suggest you practice first, if it's on other pets or test center, just a misclick can ruin the animal, and i'm sure everyone misclicked least once when they started.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you have an old white wyrm and you are trying to train it before learning the system or training anything else, I would highly suggest to just stop now.

Learn the training process.

Train some other pets.

Go to test center to practice.

You will make mistakes that you cannot take back, everyone here has done it when they were learning the system.

You cannot replace your wyrm. You cannot undo mistakes. You will be happier waiting.
Yep. Even i made a mistake with one of my WWs when the Pet Revamp just came out. It was my 760 STR/80 Cold Gen 3 Pure WW too, Grimnoshtadrano. Had i not messed up by keeping it's Magery (should've given it Chiv), i would have the best 5 slot WW in UO, lol.

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
Yep. Even i made a mistake with one of my WWs when the Pet Revamp just came out. It was my 760 STR/80 Cold Gen 3 Pure WW too, Grimnoshtadrano. Had i not messed up by keeping it's Magery (should've given it Chiv), i would have the best 5 slot WW in UO, lol.
With the exception of keeping magery instead of subbing for Chiv, do you have stats you could post of your WW or what training you did to it?
I have my pre-patch WW on Test Center right now to play with adding stats and skills and to get familiar with the system before I do it for real. But seeing what somones well crafted pre-patch WW looks like when it's done would give me something to shoot for as I'm testing it out on Test Center.

Gardo

Journeyman
With the exception of keeping magery instead of subbing for Chiv, do you have stats you could post of your WW or what training you did to it?
I have my pre-patch WW on Test Center right now to play with adding stats and skills and to get familiar with the system before I do it for real. But seeing what somones well crafted pre-patch WW looks like when it's done would give me something to shoot for as I'm testing it out on Test Center.
WW Training

Towards the bottom of this post is a well built pre-patch WW.

XeneX

Adventurer
I recently did this and managed to not screw it up. I documented my experience in this thread. There were a few things I did to ensure I was successful. First I trained several pets that were replaceable. I focused on Chiv/AI builds because that's what I planned to do for the WW. I read a ton, I spent countless hours pouring over these forums, the Legacy Mare tutorial that was referenced earlier, and every piece of info I could find. Then I transfered my WW to the test center 5 different times to train it up, and took liberal screenshots so once I got it perfect I could replicate it to a T. In all, between when I reactivated and when I trained the WW about 5 weeks had gone by and I felt I had a very good handle on how the different options for a chiv/ai build would work in practice.

I certainly would suggest taking your time. I understand how hard that can be, but I will tell you it's worth it. If you make a mistake you will never be able to fix it. Your only chance at another shot would be to buy one untrained, and they are rather expensive at this point, if you can even find someone selling.