• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Okay ... in case you have missed it ...

G

The forum has a new title and under the Forum Information link is a new blurb for our "charter".

We ain't just for new folks no more ... any specific question is really what we're here for. General gameplay issues should still go to UHall.

New players are certainly welcome, but we've seen our share of returnees and even older players asking in here. THAT makes it "UO Players" not "New".

Take care and it's the same old place ... just a new sign.

C

Cat Crimson

Hmm. Didn't see that coming... always did think the title should be " New and Returning Players forum ". I can kind of understand the reasoning behind " Q & A " but also a tad concerned it sounds too much like programming Q & A.

Ah well. Name change or not, I'm still here as always, bumbling about, trying to figure my way through changes and oddities whilst helping others as best I acan

G

Actually I popped the idea a month or so ago to the powers that be ... and only got the go-ahead yesterday. We made it happen last night while y'all were prolly snug in yer beds!

G

Welp, sure as shootin' Siege stuff will land here at some time. I'll send them your way! <dodges a bullet>

C

Cat Crimson

If it was last night your time then I probably was snug in my bed ! * is on GMT*

C

Cat Crimson

Oh and... you're gonna hate me for this since I am sure you have a kazillion things to do right now, buttttt... the " Willing To Help New Players " sticky needs at some point a) renaming to " ... [ and Returning ] ... " b) some tidying up as I'm sure some of the original folks don't play any more, sadly ( very sadly indeed in the case of Grog
)

*ducks and runs*

G

That is one of the threads I had in mind for revamp. Soulstone is pretty good shape, Templates needs a bit of a sprucing up as well.

C

Cat Crimson

Anything I can help with ?

I can at least go through the current " Willing to Help ... " thread and pick out the folks who haven't logged on in over a year... I know that doesn't mean conclusively they are not playing UO still but its an indication, and lessens the chance of someone being able to get hold of them if needed. Let me know if that would be useful at all.

Oh and I just thought ( I'm probably doing too much of that right now ) since I'm very out of date as to what makes a good template for anything these days as I'm still slowly getting up to speed with various changes, I can't help much with that BUT I do suggest that maybe a brief guide to using the test centre shard might head up the template thread - I would write it myself but I don't know the answer to questions like " where do you get those godawful glowy looking pets from " and " if I place a house on test centre does it affect my house on a production shard " ( it didn't use to but I'm not sure these days ! )

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Applaudes*

Thank you T-Amon for all your hard work!
This is a huge undertaking.