Okay, have I missed an announcement?

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
Last night Jeremy posted that she would be posting info on the 11th anniversary items "shortly".

Home from work today, can't find anything yet. Has shortly not arrived?

No info, no FoF, nothing?

If there is more on the 11th goodies, someone direct me, please!

E

eccentricjules

FoF will not happen today... =/ I wouldn't hold my breath on any 11th Anniv information today!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
Yeah I just saw the other thread on that, I feel enlightened :)
I'm speechless, so I'm just gonna go eat a late lunch.
Screw it, who really cares anymore?

B

Bullet

Yeah I just saw the other thread on that, I feel enlightened :)
I'm speechless, so I'm just gonna go eat a late lunch.
Screw it, who really cares anymore?
I feel like i was just kicked in the face. ok so now i care even less than before too. That is not the way you treat customers.

S

Sunrise

I agree with you big time. This is not the way you treat customers..At all. On the same token tho. People been complaining since the AOS release...

And we are still paying to play...

T

T_Amon_from_work

As a poster, paying customer and multiple account holder ...

C'mon folks ... lighten up. If you are grousing because no FoF, how many times has that very message been poo-poo'd due to lack of good intel or whatever.

If you're wanting news on EA 11th Anny stuff, how can you find that out if the ability to post FoF is missing? Might that same "critical piece" be the same thing used for posting here?

If you're wanting P56 intel, see above.

Doo-doo happens ... goodness knows I've left cell phone chargers, laptops and other needed items behind on a roadrun. Let's cut jeremy (at least) some slack on this one. Town Hall might make up for it ... <shrug>

Thanks!

E

eccentricjules

Doo-doo happens ... goodness knows I've left cell phone chargers, laptops and other needed items behind on a roadrun. Let's cut jeremy (at least) some slack on this one. Town Hall might make up for it ... <shrug>
Actually I was thinking to myself... oh no the airline lost Jeremy’s luggage! =P I just imagine some odd shaped piece of luggage going round and round all alone on a baggage claim carousel in Duluth...

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 26, 2008
Texas
I hope townhall is worth it. And some some *real* information.
The last one, everyone was so excited over em announcing an expansion called SA. Which had been announced already a year earlier? WTH?

Hopefully this one, (since townhalls seem to be the only time we ever get any communication anymore) will have some meat and taters to it, and not rehash of stuff announced a year ago, and fluff and feel goody crap.

Let's talk about bugs, let's talk about events and why they arent happening, let's talk about a schedule and future plans for the longevity of UO, and just kinda skim over SA. Because quite frankly, I'm sick of it, and don't really care, it's been two years now, and there are more urgent (here and now) kinda things to discuss that are real, and not some vaporous unseen myth we have been hearing about.

[/rant]

B

Bullet

Uriah im sorry you missed the announcement. If you can read japanese you can read it on their Uo site. LOL

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 19, 2002
As a poster, paying customer and multiple account holder ...

C'mon folks ... lighten up. If you are grousing because no FoF, how many times has that very message been poo-poo'd due to lack of good intel or whatever.
That's a failing of EA/Mythic, not its customer base. While you may be perfectly happy with lacking communication from EA, as a poster, paying customer and multiple account holder, I do not find it acceptable.
If you're wanting news on EA 11th Anny stuff, how can you find that out if the ability to post FoF is missing? Might that same "critical piece" be the same thing used for posting here?
Would questions about the inability to post an FoF have anything to do with the fact that there was actually a post made to indicate that there would, in fact, be no post? If it's the information that's missing, unless everyone at Mythic took the day off, I'm going to bet that someone there could have resent an email to her, faxed a copy of it to her, or whatnot.

What this basically comes down to is a decision NOT to take the efforts to make the communications that should be made, particularly in light of the Japanese announcements. And they are poor and inappropriate decisions.

Which leads me to the other half of things... if key components of something or another failed to make it to Chicago with her, just what kind of quality can be expected at the Town Hall? Clearly she's not going to be able to talk about anything that would have been put into the Five on Friday, because she doesn't have any of that information with her. If that information is going to magically arrive tomorrow for her, then why can't it magically arrive today? Email is a beautiful thing. Even if it meant signing up with a temporary GMail account, she could get the information to her.

So the question ultimately becomes, just what kind of communication is she going to be doing tomorrow if she can only communicate today that she's incapable of communicating anything to us?
If you're wanting P56 intel, see above.
But then, really, is tomorrow going to be all about SA? I somehow doubt they've got much to share on a product that's very much still in development.
I've left laptops behind, I've left cell phones behind, but not on company trips. Ever. And if I were, you better believe I'd go buy myself a prepaid cellphone and find an internet cafe somewhere and get stuff taken care of if I was expected to have stuff taken care of.

I think people forget that this is a CUSTOMER SERVICE. That Ultima Online, while a game, is a CUSTOMER SERVICE. If you got an ad for a DVD player going on sale at Best Buy on Sunday, you get there Sunday, and they say to you, "Sorry, we aren't going to have those this week, but here's a completely different DVD player you can buy, but not until Friday," you might be a bit miffed if you were expecting it. *shrugs* The FoF is the only reliable staple of communication -- when it isn't delivered, while already usually mediocre, it delivers a message (whether intended or not) as to how "important" the customer base is to EA/Mythic.
Thank you, too!

B

Bullet

Yes it all comes down to customer service. as to not cross post please read my statement in the subject [UO Herald] FoF AWOL about customer service so you know my thoughts.

L

LiberatingLuT

I hope townhall is worth it. And some some *real* information.
The last one, everyone was so excited over em announcing an expansion called SA. Which had been announced already a year earlier? WTH?

Hopefully this one, (since townhalls seem to be the only time we ever get any communication anymore) will have some meat and taters to it, and not rehash of stuff announced a year ago, and fluff and feel goody crap.

Let's talk about bugs, let's talk about events and why they arent happening, let's talk about a schedule and future plans for the longevity of UO, and just kinda skim over SA. Because quite frankly, I'm sick of it, and don't really care, it's been two years now, and there are more urgent (here and now) kinda things to discuss that are real, and not some vaporous unseen myth we have been hearing about.

[/rant]
I agree. They can talk about SA when it is very close to actually being released, right now, I want real information about the current status of the game and what's going on with Halloween, the anniversary, etc.

Kariny

UO Lake Superior News Reporter
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Apr 7, 2004
Lake Superior, MO
I agree. They can talk about SA when it is very close to actually being released, right now, I want real information about the current status of the game and what's going on with Halloween, the anniversary, etc.

You know why they don't have Town Halls in Missouri? We aren't called the Show Me State for nothing. Show us something firm and definate concerning SA or the current status. Why bother with the continual teasing, hinting, or secrecy? It accomplishes nothing other than making players express their opinion, frustration, and disappointment by making use of the cancel button.

Thanks for the handy idea Mark Jacobs.:thumbup1:

PsychoKinetic

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 24, 2008
Lately it seems that our beloved game is taking quite a beating from some of the players based on a perceived level of service from the development/community teams.

I see this as walking into an old used car dealer with a few dusty clunkers out on the lot and demanding the same level of service that you're going to get up the street while buying a brand new shiny car at the Cadillac or Mercedes dealer.

While I'm sure our teams are devoted to our old barely-running lemon of a game, and would like to provide service that is up to everyone's expectations, they do not have the product, time or resources to do so.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Lately it seems that our beloved game is taking quite a beating from some of the players based on a perceived level of service from the development/community teams.

I see this as walking into an old used car dealer with a few dusty clunkers out on the lot and demanding the same level of service that you're going to get up the street while buying a brand new shiny car at the Cadillac or Mercedes dealer.

While I'm sure our teams are devoted to our old barely-running lemon of a game, and would like to provide service that is up to everyone's expectations, they do not have the product, time or resources to do so.
While I wouldn't really call UO a lemon, it was the FIRST MMO and it's still alive and kicking. It's not the biggest, the flashiest the newest or the best. It doesn't have the the same number of subscribers, developers etc... but it's still a classic and it's still going strong... MOST OF THE TIME...

B

Bullet

While I wouldn't really call UO a lemon, it was the FIRST MMO and it's still alive and kicking. It's not the biggest, the flashiest the newest or the best. It doesn't have the the same number of subscribers, developers etc... but it's still a classic and it's still going strong... MOST OF THE TIME...
Clunkers? well compared to other flashy games it is much more complex than the high graphic games. The biggest problem is the lack of communication and broken, well lets not say promises, but misleeding info. you just cant say one thing to your customers than do another and expect them to stay loyal!

Alive and kicking? well yes for now but the biggest problem is with the way they handle customers. If you say one thing and do another? well each time you lose integrity. Integrity to me is very important as a customer. Ok lets cut to the chase, they LIE way to much to us. Ok you can call it stretching the truth or things change but it comes down to integrity and they have little left!