• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok Well I Won The Bank Contest So Here

BlissMarie

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations on your winning design, Vlad. I think it is very pretty.

BlissMarie

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very nice design mate love it!

Heres Europa's winning design:

http://www.thedarkfile.net/

Slugmaster wasn't clear on the rules of the contest though so he didn't re do the inside unfortunately.

I can't wait to see the other shards designs!

B

Bara

That looks awesome! I'm loging in to visit it right now.

Though, you should notify your EM/GM that there is a typo on the sign.

It's "Redecorated", not "Redeckorated" :)

C

Crystal Canyon

Very nicely done. I must say, the steps were a wonderful idea. Congrats on your win!

S

Stupid Miner

Very nice design mate love it!

Heres Europa's winning design:

http://www.thedarkfile.net/

Slugmaster wasn't clear on the rules of the contest though so he didn't re do the inside unfortunately.

I can't wait to see the other shards designs!
NICE! only problem is the designer deleted a static tree to place the patio, which isn't possible.

M

Millie

They will probably omit the deck or make it around the trees. The Deck May even be tall enough to cover the tree graphs

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very sexy! Great stairs, and great water feature. Tho on Baja at least those chests in the back room are static and can't be deleted. The high wall on the northwest corner is ok I think cause it can just get placed on top of the short walls, and the rock/water deco covers up any issues.

But yeah, your back room may not come out the way you wanted, because of the chests.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doese it really matter if an item is static? I mean they are the Game runners, surely they can delete anything they want. Oh and also heres pics of most of the winning designs:

http://www.uoforums.com/uo-general-discussion/58380-bank-renovation-contains-spoilers.html
Heh, well my post about it on U Hall got locked, since even though I was trying to get the community feel for EA ignoring their own rules in contests, I guess it looked like something I should be sending into the void that is EA customer service by way of email or feedback forms.

I decided to wait untill the next time they decide to host a contest of this nature and bring up the issues I have with their rule enforcement (or lack thereof) along with the other issues I had with the contest. I won't rehash those here, I can hear the yawning already. :p

Anyways, I mentioned it because even though they *can* do whatever they want to static objects they specifically asked that we not delete statics. So it may be that they will ignore those portions of the entries that involve deleting statics, or maybe they will go ahead and follow the screenshots to the letter.

I suspect the entries compared to the finished product will be similar but not the same. Mainly because of the orientation of items on a tile which cannot be exactly reproduced by simply copy/pasting items onto a screenshot (IE alignment will be off), but also some portions of the entries will be different because of liberties taken with static objects/walls.

Some people may not care, but some might be a little miffed if their entries end up being radically different from what they submitted. *shrugs*

I'm actually really curious to see how they will translate the entries to the resulting designs, and can't wait to compare screenshots. I made some assumptions about item placement while using insideUO that I haven't tested yet on my own, and this would help a bit with figuring those things out. :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it all seemed pretty clear to me, if it highlighted then it was not static, and could be removed, otherwise, it stayed

I went to a few other shards because I wanted to verify that the things that did not highlight on Legends were really there on others, and sure enough, they were, so I made them part of the design (like the table lantern and the lantern and chests in the back room)

was a pain in the butt, yep... I so wanted to get rid of those tables... but I was pleased with the result just the same

S

Stupid Miner

Doese it really matter if an item is static? I mean they are the Game runners, surely they can delete anything they want. Oh and also heres pics of most of the winning designs:

http://www.uoforums.com/uo-general-discussion/58380-bank-renovation-contains-spoilers.html
Actually, the reason the statics are not removable is to redo them, they'd have to redo the .map files... which are the same for all shards.
Yea they'd have to remove the tree on every since shard if they were going to remove it. They could do it, but i doubt they will.