• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok. That's it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I come onto the board this morning to find that the entire board has been spammed to the point it is unreadable. Lest you think I have it in for you guys, please accept my apologies for locking down your individual threads if you are the thread creator. The amount and intensity of the spamming made this move imperative if we are even going to have a board here.

I am still hamster-eyed from no coffee, but I will continue this until all of the spammed threads are locked down. Now please listen up. Posting silly one-liners in response to someone is spamming if you do it more than once or twice in any thread. Expanding a thread by 25 or more one liners is spamming. Spamming is not allowed for the reason you can see on the board right now. Enough said. Don't do it.

<font color=blue>Leandra</font color=blue>

T

Trent Braveheart

so we are limited to one 1 liner? after that they have to be full essays? don't think this will be long enough so let me continue righting on this post so I don't get in trouble for spamming.....

<center>

Trent GM warrior of catskill
Cecil McKell II GM miner of Catskill
Cyrus Player Killer of Catskill</center>

T

Trent Braveheart

lol, your a funny man, ha ha, give her trouble! do it,.....nothing else to say but I better keep on typeing...cause you know.......only 1 one liner...

<center>

G

I explained that I don't object to occassional one-liners, or even a string of them when people are exchanging ideas or even just joking around. But to tie up the whole board by posting 15-20 or more one liners (or less than one line) to a single thread, then do it to multiple threads, some of which are around a month old is spamming by any definition.

All I ask is that people use some degree of common sense. I don't have a problem with one thread getting strung out and people having fun. I do object when one single poster posts over 50 one liners in multiple threads in one night, most or none of which contribute absolutely nothing to the discussion. A one liner is fine if it is contributing or not overdone. Please don't play this game with me. You know when you are contributing to the discussion or the fun of a thread. You don't need me to tell you when you are posting just to listen to the sound of your own voice and see your own name.

M

Mr. B.D

.....for some reason I get the feeling this post is a like a duck with a giant target painted on its forehead super glued onto the doorstep of a hunter.....

*BANG*

Not only that but for some reasons I ALSO get the feeling that now poeple are gonna go into technical pettyiness about thier posts. Not to say this post is bad, its just the abilities of some readers to control thier common sense seems low. Oh well doesnt matter this is more then 2 lines so everythings ok! =)

BEHOLD OUR SECRET WEAPON!

Ryo Oh Ki W!11 r0xx0r yo!
BEWARE ULTIMATE EVIL smiths!
-!WE ARE WATCHING YOU!-
MUHAHAHAHAH YOU WILL FALL TO THE BEGGARS!

G

Being hit by a board that is all but totally spammed out of existence when I'm half awake and walking into walls does not add much to the beginning of my day.

The sniping has already begun. &lt;sigh&gt; As for common sense, those who have it will use it. Those that don't will give responses similar to the one I deleted. That's just the way it goes. Maybe I've just been a moderator here too long.

G

Once again you do your job well. Thanks for the input. Funny thing is that despite your joking, in this case you are probably entirely correct.

M

Mr. B.D

Ban everyone then post up about how they are all noobies and then tell them to duel your main if they got a problem with it. I didnt say it would be right, but I garnetee it would be fun. That way you dont have to lock down any more posts AND you will spend a lot less time having to keep common sense in check.

Seriously though we need SOME mods that are experinced here. I mean geeze can you imagine who theyd replace you with. Either one of those other mods (those mods from the other boards type supeciously, and they shift thier eyes too much) or one of THESE people? Are you crazy, you think I would feel safe if one of these people became a mod? I mean if Stratics made one of these people a mod Id be forced to lock my doors AFTER moving to the mountains. *notices one of them grabbing a bat* I think I will just shutup now. =) Your doing a fine job considering no matter HOW you enforce the rules someone will ALWAYS try and find a loophole. NOW if you start to see pink flying elephants everywhere then it might be time to consider quiting.

BEHOLD OUR SECRET WEAPON!

Ryo Oh Ki W!11 r0xx0r yo!
BEWARE ULTIMATE EVIL smiths!
-!WE ARE WATCHING YOU!-
MUHAHAHAHAH YOU WILL FALL TO THE BEGGARS!

T

Trent Braveheart

nah, I don't care what my post are, I could be perma 0, won't matter to me, i just wanna hvae fun, nad leandra I will admit, some of those post were senceless.....such as saying goodnight to each other lol

<center>

G

I needed a really good laugh. I honestly don't like to lock down stuff. I just do it when I have to. For the most part you guys are great and I love you all, even if I disagree sometimes. This is one of the best boards on Stratics IMHO. You posters are creative, intelligent, and funny. Like everything, I guess we need to take the good with the bad. I love your funny looking bunny by the way.

G

Those are generally in one thread and they don't take up that much space. They really do have a purpose. I'm honestly not trying to cramp your style. Things just got out of hand last night and I've set them right. If I locked one of your posts, then start it again if you wish. I was trying to eliminate the spamming, not the original posts, most of which were excellent.

Z

ZiggyStardust

*chuckles*

Just wait til I post OSI emplyment strategies #2 =)

Mr. T and Boo Berry have nothing on the newest employees at Origin.

Sailor Moon has those BOOM anime babes, they make me think the wrong things.

V

Vio

Lea has my 100% full support here.
It's getting to the point where most threads here are becoming inundated with this crap. It's insulting to someone who put a lot of thought into a thread to have it locked down due to a few people batting one liners back and forth. I know I asked everyone some time ago to police thier posting in regards to the spam, and I remember that someone here spammed that thread. I guess that was a sign.
So, I will follow Lea's lead here from here on.

'Wasted views, that's all they see Blue'

<font color=blue>SnR Moderator</font color=blue><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Vio on 12/31/00 03:09 PM.</FONT></P>

T

Trent Braveheart

and I never meant for that post to get like that lol, I was simply telling a story and then it got off subject which is exactly NOT what I wanted to happen

<center>

N

Novastar

Ya know, I'm happy that there's a rule about this now. I was gettin tired of seeing two lines, then about 40 lines worth of pictures that got posted, over, and over, and over....

"Novastar lives in and eats .
They are sometimes used for their humanity.
This one has the worn-down look of a creature that lacks
a lair or home to call it's own. It looks like it is starving"

G

I'm glad you took the time to talk to me so everything is ok. Thank you.

G

just that folks don't wanna listen it seems. Is Lea still using the motto on her sig ... "Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD"? It fits, don't it? &lt;grin&gt;

Suggestion to all you mods having to deal with this? If the 1-liner stuff got selectively deleted a few times with a subject "**Post Deleted by Mod**" think it would work? Some threads are interesting and I'd really hate to see a complete lockdown.

<font color=blue>T'Amon-at work</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Nothing is foolproof to a talented fool./shared/forum_images/beige/icons/smile.gif</font color=blue>

G

Particularly if they are locked deleted but still showing and are titled SPAM. Let me think about that and talk to Vio and Hugin and see what they think. I really truly hated locking down some of those threads as they were current and interesting. However, over 130 posts in a day and a fraction are just way too much.

T

Thorin GL

Why does everyone seem to try to piss Lea off?
Maybe its cuz she always makes since?

<font color=green> Hey! Don't touch that!</font color=green>

G

Lea, this is OT but I have just finished moving this weekend and havent been on a comp until now as I was off work.
How are you doing dear, I hated hearing about what happened and I hope you are doing good.
Cyas,

Despair Sets In.....And Loss Of Life Is Imminent.
CheckMate...
The Desecrator &gt;ICM&lt; Infinate Circle of Movement
View from the gates of Cove. ICM is here.

G

Private message me if you wish. But I'm ok. Just really overworked right now.

G

I think I'm the only one who's not spamming the Pictures message board right now. My 540 post thread got locked and it seems that I'm the only one taking it gingerly.

<center>

*GMs ban R2-D2 for flooding the queue*

A

Art Vandelay

Now this is impressive. I just noted the page count at the bottom of the page and its gone from 17 to just a 11 now and it's still declining. Drakken deserves some type of reward for selflessly devoting his time to digging out all the OT posts and freeing precious storage space on the Stratics servers.

<center>
</center>

L

Lonegamer

yeah, he saved me a lot of time.
i stopped locking them and just went into admin and bashed them all.
thanks drakken. this place is looking pretty good, eh art?

<font color=red>Lonegamer of the SnR</font color=red>

Lone's world

D

Devin MacGregor

hmmm, perhaps deleting them was the proper method from the start?

God and Satan are but puppets on OUR strings, creating conflicts in your little minds, keeping US alive. It doesnt matter who or what you think We are. It only matters that you know We are. God, The Devil, Good and Evil, We're all that and so much more.

L

Lonegamer

heh you must admit, all those locks did look pretty funny. oh and don't worry. this thread'll be gone too soon. right now i'm concentrating on the others.

<font color=red>Lonegamer of the SnR</font color=red>

Lone's world

D

Devin MacGregor

I am not worrying about anything and no I see no humor in it. I guess it was too hard to click to page two, three, four, five, etc and lock/delete.

God and Satan are but puppets on OUR strings, creating conflicts in your little minds, keeping US alive. It doesnt matter who or what you think We are. It only matters that you know We are. God, The Devil, Good and Evil, We're all that and so much more.

I

I Am The Night

When did Thru become a mod?

I am the Darkness, the Fear, the Evil.
I am He Who Lurks just out of reach of the Light.
I am the Bringer of Cowardice, Panic, Chaos.
I Am The Night.

I

I Am The Night

Where are all the OT threads?

I Am The Night.

I

I Am The Night

Whats up with all the new "rules" in SnR?

I Am The Night.

I

I Am The Night

Is there some sort of newsletter or informational pamphlet or something that everyone gets that im missing?

I Am The Night.

Drakken Payne

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read Vio's 'sticky' post at the top of the page.

All the OT posts are gone, partly (greatly) thanks to me.

I bumped all that I could find up to the front page last night, so that the mods could easier dispose of them.

Seeing as how they're no longer allowed, I figured it was my civic duty as a Stratics poster to do what I could to help get rid of them.

Isn't this board so much better and more fun without them?????

<center></center>
<center>Don't be a wussy!</center>

Status
Not open for further replies.