• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok.. so I have this Bard/T-hunt template...

• Thread starter eekamouse
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
E

eekamouse

I'm actually sort of proud of it. Currently the template is as follows...

110 magery
90 poison
100 music
100 peace
100 provoke
100 lockppick
100 cartography

I have scrolled out the music skills, so my Provoke and Peace are 110+ each with jewelry.

The 110+90 (magery+poison) works nice, because I drop Deadly Poison fields. I basically drop a couple Earth Elementals, dig up a chest, invis myself get some provokes and peace off, and drop DP fields.

I can solo Treasure Hunts up to level 5 easily. Level 6s give me problems. The DP fields do absolutely nothing to the monsters that spawn, and the Earth Elementals get crushed. I usually just lead the mobs away and then log my tamer anytime a mob spawns... usually after rezzing myself. Or, I just do level 6 maps in a group :).

Well... Here's my issue. I think I want to drop Poison, and add Fishing. I can do level 5's without dropping DP fields. It just won't be as fun...

My plan is to drop Magery to 100, and try to get some gear to buff it back up, and then add 100 Fishing.

SO!!! After that wall of text... Should I consider Discord? I don't see where it would really help for fishing and treasure hunts, but I could be missing something.

Any other input is welcome. Thank you.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i would drop the peace and pick up disco.

with disco and provo you should have no problem with any of the level 5 and level 6 critters.

granted your gonna have to ring up your skills to 120.

but you fire off a disco and that lowers the critters barding diff, then you can provo them onto each other.

or, what i like to do, pick one critter and disco everything else and provo them all onto that one critter.
basically use him to kill all the other stuff.

anyways.
that would be my suggestion.
drop the peace and pick up provo.
then scrill up your provo, disco and music to 120 and either get or imbue some equiptment to get you to those caps

hope that helps.

poo

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
oh

and one other thing.
ive run with poison on a bard before and i must say that after using it for a while i do NOT put it on bards anymore.

i have it on a lot of mages, but not bards.

everytime the points tick off for the poisen the critter retargets you.
and if its the one your initially provoed then hes gonna stop fighting the other stuff and come after you.

and it makes peace totally useless cause as soon as they hit the field they lose peace.

E

eekamouse

Ok. That sounds like a plan.... I never thought of using discord to make provoke easier. That should work nice on Krakens and Leviathans too. Do those usually spawn with elementals and other mobs to provoke?

Is this the same Poo that played on Sonoma around the time AoS first came out?

Pretty sure we ran many a champ spawn together, back then...

E

eekamouse

oh

and one other thing.
ive run with poison on a bard before and i must say that after using it for a while i do NOT put it on bards anymore.

i have it on a lot of mages, but not bards.

everytime the points tick off for the poisen the critter retargets you.
and if its the one your initially provoed then hes gonna stop fighting the other stuff and come after you.

and it makes peace totally useless cause as soon as they hit the field they lose peace.
Ah the DP field doesn't do that. I usually provoke the initial spawn and just peace the last mob once or twice while it's being wracked with pain :)

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Ok. That sounds like a plan.... I never thought of using discord to make provoke easier. That should work nice on Krakens and Leviathans too. Do those usually spawn with elementals and other mobs to provoke?

Is this the same Poo that played on Sonoma around the time AoS first came out?

Pretty sure we ran many a champ spawn together, back then...
yes it is, and yes i remember you, hehe