• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ok, don't try to tell me regs are the only thing to steal on Siege.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL. It's been a productive last 12 hours or so, and I even got 5 hours of sleep. ROFL...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ROFL. You can tell, I have been training my other accounts as opposed to playing my thief account. The players of Siege have gotten lax in the protecting of their packs...to my advantage.

Just snagged this...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so now I stole a house spot someone was getting ready to resize...a 7x7 right outside of the Yew gate area. This should bring in a couple of gold... :) ...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, this is downright scary.

Two house thefts in a row. Now I have two houses right next to the Yew gate.....rofl ftw...la

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very nice. I saw you in despise this morning. I was waiting to see if they would ever finish piper, but had to leave. Piper was winning lol

R

Robthemilt

Other than the arms of compassion and the houses, you didnt show anything i cant take on ATL. Ya the doom stuff is much rarer for a sneak and steal thief like myself, but if you're a "persuasion" thief its another day in the park. So im still looking for the answer to the question i posted awhile go. Other than disarme stealing (I really do miss) what can you steal on siege that i cant steal on ATL. The more i read this shard it just makes Siege look like a cake walk. And i still havnt been answered on how long it would take to train a usable thief on siege.

But anyway that looks like a great 12 hours. which brings up more questions, How much gold is all that worth? And how does it compare to the Prodo shards?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Other than the arms of compassion and the houses, you didnt show anything i cant take on ATL.
No, I didn't, but that wasn't the point, the point was, I've been told numerous times that Siege thieves really can only steal regs and band aids or gm armor. This was to show how wrong those people are.

if you're a "persuasion" thief its another day in the park.
Yeah, but I don't and never have played a "scammer".

And i still havnt been answered on how long it would take to train a usable thief on siege.
You'd have to ask some of the newer thieves here that question. You can join the thief guild as soon as you start a character, so imo, a thief can be created in seconds, but it's up to the player to determine how long before they are "usable"

The more i read this shard it just makes Siege look like a cake walk.
Then please do, please create a thief here and show us how great you are. I see a lot of production thieves say this, but either are too impatient to make a thief here, or spend the time to do it, but then never seem to be able to find good loot to steal. So again, please feel free to come to Siege and show us how it's done.

But anyway that looks like a great 12 hours. which brings up more questions, How much gold is all that worth? And how does it compare to the Prodo shards?
The artifacts and the 115 will probably fetch 50-100k each. The houses I have already sold for 25 million. You'd have to tell me how that compares to a production shard since I am not sure since I really don't know the market on them. Please note, we don't have problems with our economy from duping or transferring, so our gold is worth a lot more than the production shards...la

R

Robthemilt

SOOO basically because of the higher value of gold the steals are worth more. 25 mil for the spots VERY nice.

I havnt said that im that great, im just saying that on a prodo shard I can take anything you have there, which was more than bandies (which is what im sick of hearing). If i wanted to have someone go to siege and make you look bad i'd send someone whos got more experience than i do. But again in my limited experience i've made Millions stealing from the best PVPers in the game, on a PRODO shard, with their speed hacking, "uber" gear and PASSIVE DETECT.

I actually did make a thief on Siege but have NO patience whatsoever so havnt trained him. And after reading your post in the detective forum, if i were to train a char on siege it'll probably be a detective. I figure, if im already playing with the big boys on ATL why go down to the kiddie table?

Dont go getting insulted I was just asking questions and making a couple points. Thanks for the answers.

(first even semi cocky post on this forum)

S

Shinobi

ROFL. Keep playing on your Trammy shard...la
ROFL. Keep playing on your fake shard...la

P.S. Having recently read some Galad stories, i finally realized what "...la" is from. You completely jacked the Galads' style. Pathetic lol.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having recently read some Galad stories, i finally realized what "...la" is from. You completely jacked the Galads' style. Pathetic lol.
Well, if Galad was using "..la" back in '88 maybe. Don't count on it...la

R

Robthemilt

Trammy shard? Your gonna have to explain that one. "trammy" would lead me to believe that you believe my shard would be easy. Having trammel only make my life harder. Having passive detect only makes my life harder, and having people run around with rediculous weapons and fully decked out gear and speed hacking only makes my life harder. "trammy"? I'm not seeing it.

So i'll ask again, other than disarm stealing (i only miss because it was fun and annoying) what is so great about stealing on siege? I am not looking for you to tell me that siege is easier, I just want an answer from anyone why its the better place.
If i wanted stealing to be easy i'd do dungeon and crate stealing 100% of the time rather than the RARE occurance of fel ATL being dead.

But hell if you can pull all that off in 12 hours there, maybe you should challenge yourself and come up. Why replay level 1? Im only about 8 months into the profession and am having decent success. A vet like yourself should be the most hated Man on the shard by tommorrow.

Shin where are the stories of Galad and ...la? I think i'd like to read some of that dudes stuff.

PS I forgot about ins and bless. Guess what. NOT MAKING STUFF EASIER.

A

Arch Magus

Siege is the most boring place on the e-planet.

It is much harder to steal worthwhile objects on prod.
Passive detect, infinite mana mages, trainwreck dexxers.

Did I mention passive detect??:hahaha:

Chessy really makes it tough on a thief.
Course, the good steals come with much more satisfaction.:D

S

Shinobi

Shin where are the stories of Galad and ...la? I think i'd like to read some of that dudes stuff.

PS I forgot about ins and bless. Guess what. NOT MAKING STUFF EASIER.
www.looterslair.com

That has all of the Galad info you could want haha. Dude, just go straight to "Classic Pics" on the left menu. Those pics are filled with la's, and not to mention they're hilarious lol. Also, they say it throughout their stories...for instance (from Good Galad):

"BAH!!! I don't know if it's AOL, UO or OSI, or all of them. But they can all go to hell!!! Hehehe...AOL sux la ^^"

And Rico, you say that you have been ...la'ing since '88? Really dude? Wtf were you doing, using a type-writer and ending typed letters in "...la", then mailing them off to people? I mean i know the internet EXISTED back then, but it wasn't very public at all. It's ok, you don't have your own style so you copy others, all you can steal is faction arti's on a shard with NO INSURANCE, and you're middle aged...you're doin just fine my man, just fine.

P.S. Dude, Rob, you're going to laugh your ass off at those Classic Pics, lmfao.

P.P.S. Rico, you kinda ruin the whole "...la" thing when you do it, it's funnier when the Galads do it.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol, this thread could be like an advertisement for moving thieves to Siege :p

R

Robthemilt

Seriously I dont mind the idea of shipping Some of the ATL thieves out to siege. Im getting irritated with getting revealed by people who dont know what they're doing. And the constant paranoia their helping me cause. BUT I understand that we all have to learn somewhere. So i take it as it comes and will teach any thief who asks.

I've always been the type to skip the tutorials.

R

Robthemilt

Alright rico. EITHER your ******** and it just flew over your head. OR you caught it and bypassed it to treat it like a 10 year old would. Now im not saying that i'm being the most mature guy around but im sticking to the point. Either quit playing "last word" like a 10 year old, or go back to the point. Why should thieves who dont want to have everything handed to them go to seige? If you continue the games you'll win your "last word" game. At least on this thread. Siege being babyland will come up again later, im sure. Care to defend?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright rico. EITHER your ******** and it just flew over your head. OR you caught it and bypassed it to treat it like a 10 year old would. Now im not saying that i'm being the most mature guy around but im sticking to the point. Either quit playing "last word" like a 10 year old, or go back to the point. Why should thieves who dont want to have everything handed to them go to seige? If you continue the games you'll win your "last word" game. At least on this thread. Siege being babyland will come up again later, im sure. Care to defend?
you're
Siege

I'm curious how you came up with "Siege being babyland". ROFL...la

R

Robthemilt

Ok pik on mai spelin as much as you lyche its beeen 19 hrs sinse i slept and i donnt reely care to be careful of what i type. Thankfully, Im not in school anymore and it doesnt matter. Great job changing the subject. But I believe that if you look back up through the thread where i mentioned things like passive detect, insurance, bless, the "uber" gear, you'll see why I have decided that Seige siege seiege seege must be a babyland for thieves. You havn't made a single point that would lead me to believe otherwise. All you said was to come down and show you how great i am. And to that I said that i am not very experienced. (looks like my grammar might be getting worse than usual)

Prove that you know what your talking about. Make a point. I dont care if its that "On seige thieves are on the same playing field as everyone else. Why should we be playing against the wind all the time? ...la" Or go with "I like that it is similar to the game i started to love in the first place. Which is what the game is supposed to be...la" Just make some sort of point. Explain why Seige is such a better place.

And what happend to your mod status? The Troll/mod hybrid was kinda something to admire.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You havn't made a single point that would lead me to believe otherwise.
LOL, I played on Atlantic for 3 years before moving to Siege. When you have ample time playing both types of rulesets, then come back and we can discuss our experiences. Until then...take my word for it. Production shards (aka Trammy Shards) are for Trammies...la

R

Robthemilt

Post your next 1 line set of BS. You win the last word game I wont even be checking back to see what it is. You're obviously not capable of coming up with anything.

But im leaving this thread with... Claiming three years of experience but not being able to explain any of it, means nothing. You just keep turning away from answering, when all im challenging you to do is look at it like a sensible person and explain what should be a very simple point.

And seriously... attacking me for not playing UO my whole adult life...stick to grammar its less pathetic.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please note that every time I see an argument on the PvP Thief Forum....I see Rico....

Intersting how many arguments involve the moderator of the forum....I think that may say something....

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please note that every time I see an argument on the PvP Thief Forum....I see Rico....

Intersting how many arguments involve the moderator of the forum....I think that may say something....
Interesting.

And this forum doesn't have a moderator...la

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
LOL, I played on Atlantic for 3 years before moving to Siege. When you have ample time playing both types of rulesets, then come back and we can discuss our experiences. Until then...take my word for it. Production shards (aka Trammy Shards) are for Trammies...la

Actually Rico I've played both too, prodo stealing is harder period... If I wanted to spend all day stealing worthless crap I can't use...well then I'd spend more time on Siege. Yes the steals are more often there but the quality of a what is a Good steal is completely different. Faction arties I could care less about, it's pointless to steal them. I steal not to sell their back to them, if you'd thrown them promptly into the nearest trash can then maybe I would have considered it slightly amusing. PS? Ok ya like it's any different than prodo stealing scrolls...Oh WAIT!! You don't deal with passive reveal....

House spots pffft... dude burned up the time on his tool trying to resize, anyone could have dropped a house there nothing special.... maybe if this had been the early days and you'd taken his house keys...

Lets ice the cake though, thanks to your superiority complex and general all around bad attitude, with a few delusions of grandeur tossed in for good measure, you have effectively convinced about 90% of the forums your not worth paying any iota of attention too. Please do us all a favor and go out and buy a reality check and an attitude adjustment.

Don't get me wrong I think some of the ideas you've had are fine, but for the sake of us all and the negative view it puts on the Thief profession, just keep it all to yourself from now on...at least the sarcasm...it's not your forte.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hmm. Why play siege?
This one didn't start out as thief. He was dungeon rogue. And occasional pvm person on GL shard. He can remember standing in line- yes- STANDING IN LINE- to do some things.

Yes, siege has problem with low membership. Sometimes, low players can be bad thing. But also, to many players can be bad. GL was absolutely just to crowded. To many persons playing. This person could not negotiate and play around so many people doing the same thing in such a limited space.

Why play siege? That may be absolutely personal preference. Not based upon reason, but upon wants. People used to negotiate west in america during early years, just for less people and more opportunities. Not wrong, and not special, but just what they wanted. More freedom and space. Less restrictions and opportunites.

All this isn't making any right or wrong. Is just what makes player happy. To argue over rightness or wrongness is pointless. Is what satisfies each player. Arguments about good or bad leads nowhere, since each road leads to personal goal. What makes each happy and fun having.

This thief has fun on siege, though at times he looks far and wide for people to steal from. Yet, he hates being crowded. So all of this is ok and he is happy.

Some might like crowds and many opportunities in other conditions. Different rules. That is ok too- that is what makes them happy and fun having.

This thief has heard this saying on forums:
"to each their own."

So true. (had to research meaning lol, but now do). We all have fun in different ways. So long as we are all having fun- so what the difference? Main particle is that everyone IS having fun and is satisfied. Some like vanilla, some like chocolate. No right, no wrong. Just individual preference.

This one hopes everyone has happiness in their play. No right, no wrong, just happiness.

R

Robthemilt

Holy Hell... for a little while this became a bash rico thread...too bad thats not what it was supposed to be.

Touzoko, Thank you for making a point and answering my question. And i know all players will have different reasons for liking/disliking different things. I was just looking for something from somebody, it just happend that the only reply came from a troll.

Thank you Nickster and Touzoko for answering my questions.

S

Shinobi

Ummm...i just noticed something. Rico's 2 houses he placed are right by each other. If you look at both pictures, they're side by side. They could probably have been placed as one house, but i think he wanted to make it look good so he placed 2 instead. I'm just curious where that gravestone behind rico in the first pic went...can you place over gravestones on siege?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The two houses belonged to the same person. They dropped both because the one nearest the gate was only 7x7, they wanted to be able to put more vendors on the gate house. The plan was to expand the gate house and put a smaller one on the other plot. I believe they worked out the maximum size would be 13 x 8, but couldn't place it.
Here's a picture from the Siege shops sticky

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Getting in close and finding something to steal is harder on prodo than it is on Siege. It always has been.

Finding people who are careless because they think they're safe is easier on prodo... even careless with their most valuable stuff. It's their fault. They should know the mechanics of the game. But this is why more valuable things are taken -- and thieves are counting on this. (I know I did.)

I don't steal for the stuff. I just like playing a thief.

:fight:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe that's where we came in. If the thread's come full circle it must be time to...

Status
Not open for further replies.