• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ohhhh pretty (new thing in SL base - with pic!)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
very dark

very foreboding

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Password to get inside to chaos.

Double-click the dagger on the case to get an Obsidian Dagger.

Dagger does absurd damage to paladins.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
absurd amount of damage, hahahahhaa

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
paged gm on both of my sl chars, one got caned resdponse on lost items, other got a canned response that also said they where sorry i did not get one

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
same, even targeted several things with the curser and nada

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can get one on Europe and napa valley but not chessy.

It's very dark and very hard to see in your backpack. They also have a timer on them so we can't keep them. :sad4:

S

Stratic Fanatic

How long is the timer? Is it visible on the dagger?

I noticed my glass dagger (from Andrew) drops into my pack after a while. Pretty sure it shouldnt do that :/

C

cheerful

Typical! the good forces of Europa have been seaching for a way to create a black gate and then one pops up out of the blue.

Any Shadowlord members mind if I and a few of my trammy friends call by to study the gate? We would be no bother to anyone.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
plus i can kill the paladins easly, but none give me any silver like the one in the pic above.

C

Chiera

strange, on Europa I could get 2 with one char, none at all with the other ;)

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
plus i can kill the paladins easly, but none give me any silver like the one in the pic above.
That's weird the silver popped in my backpack.

Other then the silver is there a point to killing the paladins?

T

twoflower25

right - I got in and even got dagger - but how do I leave there?

cant use moongate, and cant recall

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
itll cost ya a dagger to leave *muahaha*, eh just help tele

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
right - I got in and even got dagger - but how do I leave there?

cant use moongate, and cant recall
You mean on europe? Sorry I forgot to mention that. I couldn't get out either I had to use the help stuck option go to papua then use the teleporter thing in papua to go to moonglow.

I hate not having runes LOL

S

Sylin

i just walked out the gate and it took me back to the base. So where are these paladins i kill for silver?

T

twoflower25

thanks - I escaped with my mage ( with dagger ;)) - but how can a dexxer get out there?

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well heck, no more spawning paladins is plain boring now even without the dagger

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it's kinda cool. Instead of just removing the paladins and saying "look, paladins are dead, the Shadow Lords are up to something", the devs have actually rigged things so that the faction in concern really did wipe out the paladins.

(or got them guard whacked, at least).

Granted, even the SL's minions (that's you guys with the glass daggers) don't know why yet, but presumably that'll be explained in good time. Yes, the paladin thing was just a minor event and very short lived, but would anyone've noticed if all the blue pallys just upped and left on their own?

This way we know exactly what happened and who to blame.

(I assume they'll be back at a later date once the current storyline has progressed somewhat).

C

Chiera

Nope, wages of sin are a life in eternal misery ;)
but.. but... that's what I am talking about ! Admittedly, we've got a fancy bright new shiny moongate (even though it seems to be a kind of low cost one way version in some cases) to a place where we can sometimes grasp the dernier crie in dagger fashion (btw, the selfdestruct feature is a bit over the top imho), but now we have nothing to stick it into !!!! I mean, how much more miserable can life get ?!?!

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
strange, on Europa I could get 2 with one char, none at all with the other ;)
Did the dev post not say you could get daggers twice a day?

Added:
Faction Changes

Paladins NPC’s throughout the world will now attempt to attack Reds and SL/Minax followers on sight.

* Target must be visible
* Paladins will no longer respawn once killed

Obsidian daggers will be available to SL’s twice a day maximum to do extra damage against the Paladin NPC’s only.

here

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oki there seems to be a bug with the dagger...

I click the Dagger and i get sparclies inside the SL base (after going through the gate)

And purly by Item Count i did recive something... but its not showing in my pack.

I know they are hard to see and all but cannot be that hard...

So it may need some sort of fix if possible

Click the Red Display case and it gives you the Dagger :)

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oki there seems to be a bug with the dagger...

I click the Dagger and i get sparclies inside the SL base (after going through the gate)

And purly by Item Count i did recive something... but its not showing in my pack.

I know they are hard to see and all but cannot be that hard...

So it may need some sort of fix if possible
Try restarting the UO client, close/reopen backpack, using your equip/unequip weapon macro in that order.

I thought I didn't get them too, but mine was coz my screnn was a bit dark. I double clicked it a bunch of times wondering "oh great, I'm late and outta luck, they meant 2 daggers per day per shard?" Finally noticed I got 2 obsidian daggers in my pack.

So this is what was meant by the glass daggers' darker cousin eh?

S

Sorcha of Sonoma

I am waiting for the Aztec Expansion ...

(Aztecs used Obsidian Daggers in sacrifices)

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think you get the silver if you are not in the SL guild, I killed two on my Minax char and didnt receive anything.

Also I think they just fixed entering the gate on non-SL members, I cannot get back in anymore. :p