• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

OFF TOPIC - NEWS: WANTED MAN - Malcolm Naden

• Thread starter Amathist of PoC
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Amathist of PoC

(Malcolm Naden Wanted Man believed to be near Bellbrook)

I believe this cause needs to be helped as much as possible as the victims family has lived with 4 years of pure heartache and unknowing and not only that but this has gone from Dubbo to now my local community near Kempsey. The following is an extract from Mick Peet’s personal blog site -

LISA CARTY
18/01/2009 1:00:01 AM
THE State’s most wanted man has turned up in a remote bush community, terrifying residents who claim police are ignoring their plight.

Accused double murderer Malcolm Naden wore a mask and camouflage gear when he loomed over a woman as she slept near Bellbrook, 52 kilometres inland from Kempsey in northern NSW, but failed to wear gloves, leaving behind his fingerprints.

That frightening approach, late last year, sparked a major police operation but residents are furious with what they say was a one-hit wonder.

They believe Naden is behind about a dozen break-ins in which non-perishable food, torches, camping gear, warm clothes, raincoats and binoculars have been stolen, while valuables are left behind. The most recent break-in took place last week.

Residents have accused NSW Police of ignoring their fears after the town’s only policeman was ordered to conduct beach patrols 90 kilometres away.

Naden, 33, a former abattoir worker from Dubbo, has been on the run since 2005 when the body of a cousin was found, and another cousin disappeared.

The experienced bushman eluded police by hiding in Dubbo’s Western Plains Zoo after the body of Kristy Scholes, a mother of two, was found in Naden’s locked bedroom at their grandparents’ home. Naden is the first wanted man since Ned Kelly to attract a reward - $50,000 - for his arrest.

Bellbrook GP Paul Appleton, a former NSW police officer, said families further up the valley were sleeping with shotguns next to their beds.

“If they leave home they take all the family,” he said. “Cockies up there will only work around the house paddocks because they don’t know what’s happening.”

Dr Appleton said trying to get information from senior police was hopeless and their attempts to catch Naden after his fingerprints were found were inept.

“This is a very small place and if two cars go past at 4am everyone wakes up because that is unusual,” he said.

Suddenly we had a convoy of 30 police vehicles. It was like trying to catch a rabbit with a grenade.” Dr Appleton said residents understood the challenges of catching Naden but they wanted their police officer, spending half his shifts with holidaymakers at South West Rocks, to stay in the town.

Single mum Julie White, of Five Day Creek, said she was scared to walk outside at night after several break-ins not far from her home.

Bellbrook shopkeeper Lloyd Gibbs said the area was peppered with national parks and dense bush, which provided perfect cover.

“We need security,” he said.

“We don’t want vigilantes but we want to be kept informed.”

A police spokesman refused to discuss the Bellbrook policeman’s roster but acting Superintendent David Laidlaw from the Homicide Squad said there had been 600 reports about Naden’s whereabouts in the past three years.

“Police treat all these reports very seriously,” he said.

“Each and every report is followed up by a dedicated team of investigators at the State Crime Command who are following this case zealously.

“Whatever information we receive that suggests Malcolm Naden might be active in a particular area is thoroughly investigated using all technology available to us to verify the reports.

“We are as keen to apprehend Malcolm Naden as anyone.”

Mick Peet is the father of missing girl Lateesha jane Peet also known as Lateesha Nolan. Lateesha is also belived to be a victem of Malcolm Naden.

(Lateesha Nolan)

Malcolm Naden, 33, a former abattoir worker from Dubbo, has been on the run since 2005 when the body of a cousin was found, and another cousin disappeared.

Malcolm Naden is wanted for the murder of his cousin Kristy Scholes - a mother of two, who was found in Naden’s locked bedroom at their grandparents’ home. Naden is the first wanted man since Ned Kelly to attract a reward - $50,000 - for his arrest.

For more information on this or if you have any information please visit:

Mick Peets personal site http://www.coastmick21.blogspot.com/

Or if you are a facebook user please join the following cause http://apps.facebook.com/causes/202473

And of course http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/Lateesha.htm

If you should see Malcolm Naden DO NOT APPROTCH HIM OR CONFRONT HIM - he is belived trained in Judo and was also belived to be an instructor. He is also an experienced bushman so is highly dangerous and should be dealt with by Police authorities.

F

Fink

Since this man appears to be merely accused and not convicted I would be wary of posting this sort of thing. Could be an internet hoax.

S

siyeng0

Lady Amathist, if you are that worried about this man, I will happily pack my suitcase and come up to Kempsey to seek him out and dispatch him with my trusty stick of stale French bread; however, as you are to my knowledge the only one of our closeknit little community currently in that area, I'm afraid that the task of hunting him down is going to fall to you.

I have only the utmost faith in your ability to follow his tracks, gather and analyse evidence, follow him to his top-secret hideout and destroy him with the power of your steely gaze. I suggest that you drive as quickly as possible to your local police station and offer yourself as a huntress for hire. You will be doing your bit for the country, and we, myself especially, will all be very proud of you.

For the rest of you, I recommend that we all head up north as quickly as possible in order to save our beloved pirate queen from this madman. We can form a great convoy of howling unwashed geeks wielding kitchen knives and cardboard replica soul-seekers; surely the escaped criminal will quake in fear and take himself off somewhere less intimidating, like Nimbin.

K

Katlene

mate its not a hoax that son of a pancake killed a girl i went to school with.

they've been hunting him for years now. they've even put a bounty on his head.

Rotton waste of oxygen.

At one point he was living in the roof of one of the lodges at the zoo and sneaking down through the man hole when no one was around and stealing food out of their fridge.

Most of this town wants to crack him over the head and hand him in.

S

siyeng0

mate its not a hoax that son of a pancake killed a girl i went to school with.

they've been hunting him for years now. they've even put a bounty on his head.

Rotton waste of oxygen.

At one point he was living in the roof of one of the lodges at the zoo and sneaking down through the man hole when no one was around and stealing food out of their fridge.

Most of this town wants to crack him over the head and hand him in.

...well, in that case, I hope to God they find him soon.

A

Amathist of PoC

He has been charged with Murder...this is not a hoax I live in the community and have family who attended the rally pictured above.

I also have friends who live and work in the area who are now scared to basically leave there farms or if they do they make sure they take the whole family and farmers are most certainly not leaving there wives at home alone to work the farms because this man is on the loose. One woman at fiveday creek had him looming over her while she was in bed he was decked out in camouflage gear he has left finger prints behind at a number of break ins in the area where he has taken food and camping gear. He has been spotted at local pubs and the general store at Bellbrook.

I have also spoken to Lateesha's father Mick Peet and he was the one who gave me the information to pass on. None of what I posted above is new information it is all freely available in news papers and on the sites listed.

One of the woman who was murdered was his cousin she was found in there grandmothers house. The second woman he has believed to abducted is also a cousin and has never been found they do not know of her fate as he has not been caught and her body has never been found.

This is a very real danger to basically anyone who he may encounter and just because he has been spotted in my local community does not mean he can not make his way to yours...after all this all started in Dubbo and has now reach the north coast. If you do not wish to offer support and pass the information along that is fine but please refrain from poking fun at this as a family really is suffering and will continue to suffer while this man is on the loose.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This guy owns.

But seriously, this is why you don't live in ****ty "towns".

K

Katlene

more murders happen in the citys. just people in the sticks have the skills that u city folk lack.
its how he's gotten away for so long.

im not surprised youd idolise someone like him though. seems to be the way you flow.

A

Amathist of PoC

Pet just wants his 5 seconds of attention and to get a thread locked or to invoke angry reponses so he can feel like a big man...simply ignore him and anyone who wishes to act like him.

But please do not ignore the original post and if you can pass it on, the more people that know the less places he has to hide and the better the chance of catching Malcolm Naden and bringing him to justice.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pet just wants his 5 seconds of attention and to get a thread locked or to invoke angry reponses so he can feel like a big man...simply ignore him and anyone who wishes to act like him.

But please do not ignore the original post and if you can pass it on, the more people that know the less places he has to hide and the better the chance of catching Malcolm Naden and bringing him to justice.

Yes I hope this poor excuses for a human rots in jail.

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You honestly think posting this on a forum that like, 20 people maximum read is going to make a difference? Your delusional.

A

Amathist of PoC

You honestly think posting this on a forum that like, 20 people maximum read is going to make a difference? Your delusional.
Every little bit makes a differece, those 20 may know 20 and those people may know 20 and so on......this is also not the only place I have posted the information nor the only thing I am doing to help raise awareness.

So anyone who is sitting back and thinking how sad and scary and terrible this is but that you can not do anything to help....your wrong forward this on and your helping because the more people aware of this case and this cause the more warned and the more on the look out for Malcolm Naden.

If we make the country small enough he will not have any place to hide and will either have to give in or will be caught.

Here is a map of the local bellbrook area and the last known sightings of Malcolm Naden.

F

Fink

He has been charged with Murder...
That's all I'm saying.

It's allegations at the moment not fact (conviction). Inciting people to burn the guy is going to impede forming a fair and impartial jury, which may lead to the case being dropped. Similar situations have arisen around high-profile cases like Lindy Chamberlain, Ivan Milat, OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson. You're better off informing people in a less impassioned way and simply raising awareness.

Clearly this is very emotive so I won't dwell on legal definitions or ramifications which will no doubt fall by the wayside.

A

Amathist of PoC

That's all I'm saying.

It's allegations at the moment not fact (conviction). Inciting people to burn the guy is going to impede forming a fair and impartial jury, which may lead to the case being dropped. Similar situations have arisen around high-profile cases like Lindy Chamberlain, Ivan Milat, OJ Simpson and Michael Jackson. You're better off informing people in a less impassioned way and simply raising awareness.

Clearly this is very emotive so I won't dwell on legal definitions or ramifications which will no doubt fall by the wayside.

I do understand what you are saying and to a point totally agree. But also as I said none of what I have written are new facts or view points, infact most of it including the article from The Land copied above are directly from the internet and news papers.

I also do not think there is any unbiased way to say a Wanted Man who is believed dangerous is in the local area....because the next questions are always who is he and what is he wanted for and why is he dangerous...and they can not go unanswered or the cause is completely ignored and then justice will never be done.

Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't

Now again this thread is not to discuss legal ramifications or to make jokes it was simply to make people aware and to ask for help..its your choice if you choose to help or not.

On a positive note it has been local news today that at least the local policeman will now be stationed at Bellbrook full time giving the locals at least some protection until Naden is caught.

K

Katlene

Until? id go an If

Hun the dude was in sam's roof for ages no one realised naden was in there till he broke stuff then dissapeared, but he left stuff inc fingerprints.
He stayed in dubbo for donkeys after the murder, hell i thought he was still here.
Unless he screws something up majorly. I dont think they will catch him.
But in hind sight, people said the same about Ned.

P

Pumpen

F^ck up pet you f&cking idiot. Like Clog said you really show your age by posting sh&t like that. No wonder you are hated by everyone in this game, and I assume it would be the same in rl. And dimwitted comments like "that's why you don't live in sh*tty towns". Seriously, what the f^ck would you know? You still live at home with mummy and daddy. Your nothing but a stupid little boy petrify and you deserve a flogging.
You know one day something horrible may happen to you or someone close to you and I hope it never does because I wish harm on no one but if something like that happens to you, you will wonder what you have done to deserve it. I'm a believer in Karma pet and comments like "what a legend" and "they probably deserved it", even if they are only said to get a rise out of people, will work against you. Keep living your life like a c*ckhead and you can thank karma for anything bad that happens to you.
Btw could you try any harder to be like the rons? It sickening...

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
F^ck up pet you f&cking idiot. Like Clog said you really show your age by posting sh&t like that. No wonder you are hated by everyone in this game, and I assume it would be the same in rl. And dimwitted comments like "that's why you don't live in sh*tty towns". Seriously, what the f^ck would you know? You still live at home with mummy and daddy. Your nothing but a stupid little boy petrify and you deserve a flogging.
You know one day something horrible may happen to you or someone close to you and I hope it never does because I wish harm on no one but if something like that happens to you, you will wonder what you have done to deserve it. I'm a believer in Karma pet and comments like "what a legend" and "they probably deserved it", even if they are only said to get a rise out of people, will work against you. Keep living your life like a c*ckhead and you can thank karma for anything bad that happens to you.

hahahahhaha Thanks for making my day..

A

Amathist of PoC

Until? id go an If

Hun the dude was in sam's roof for ages no one realised naden was in there till he broke stuff then dissapeared, but he left stuff inc fingerprints.
He stayed in dubbo for donkeys after the murder, hell i thought he was still here.
Unless he screws something up majorly. I dont think they will catch him.
But in hind sight, people said the same about Ned.
I know what your saying hun, and your right it does seem a slim chance as he has been on the run for 4 years now and successfully has out witted the law at every turn.

However the thing that has changed against him, is that now more people are aware of this...honestly before he was in our local area we knew nothing of it, do not even remember it being mentioned on the news.

So Naden could go to almost any town and blend as no one knew he was wanted or what he looked like. Hopefully that is changing hopefully with the more attention we can bring this the less places he has to hide.

That is the only reason I even bothered posting here as someone may take it in and maybe even pass it on and thats more people reached.

Mick Peet said to me yesterday that he feels this is the year, so he feels something more positive is happening and that hopefully this year they will finally have answers as to what happened to his daughter.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:owned: :ten:

Anyway back on topic now..

K

Katlene

I really do hope that they get him and he gets the punishment he deserves and the family can finally be at rest.
Dubvegas is a big place but small enough for a good chunk of us to have known someone involved in this. For me it was the murder victem and i hope that he pays for taking her life.

J

JHoward

:eyes:Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering:eyes:

A

AnaemicBullfrog

I'm sorry but what is the REAL point of this??

There is informative and then there is just..... well I can't actually describe this. Yes there is a serial killer out there, but I don't see the point of posting it here?
Yeah, he may have killed someone and yeah, it sucks, but why waste space here?

Seems to be a hobby of many people around here *sighs*

A

Amathist of PoC

There is informative and then there is just..... well I can't actually describe this. Yes there is a serial killer out there, but I don't see the point of posting it here?

The real point is...........that this was an OFF TOPIC POST - and it was posted here because this is effectively an Australian shard and this guy is NSW most wanted man.

He is able to travel and hide in the bush for extended periods of time, so really could hide any where in the state or country so this post was to get his face known so that the next time he rocks up to a small town or big city someone may recognize him and he hopefully can be captured by the police.

He was in our local community for some time and spotted a few times but because no one knew anything about him or his crimes no one knew to be on the look out for him....hopefully post like these and people passing on the information can avoid it happening again.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The Real point of this is AWARENESS! Kempsey is only a few hours from me, so really he could be in my town as we speak. Before this post I didnt even know there was a muderer on the run.

So pull ya head in and stop wasting my bandwidth.

A

AnaemicBullfrog

Sounds like senseless fearmongering to me.

Awareness is one thing, but I don't see the point of it here. There is not enough people here to really have it bother them here. Strangely he looks like 2 people I know, one of which has been in jail for assault. FEARMONGERING!!!!!

You have a problem with him up there? Set up a neighborhood watch or some crap like that. Petition the cops to do something about him.
Or maybe you can just do what other senseless fearmongerers do and claim that there is WMD's in Kempsey and send in the army. Maybe you should look for Oil there??

K

Katlene

No one is forcing you to read or post in this thread. if it has no interest to you then butt out.
All keep telling me that line so take your own advice eh?

I thought that he was still in town here, so its a relief for me to know that he isnt skulking around here anymore.
But on the other hand he is still roaming free which is really unnerving.
Also clog doesnt live far away from where Naden was last seen so he could rock up in clogs roof next week. For him to be aware of naden is a good thing.

A

AnaemicBullfrog

Also clog doesnt live far away from where Naden was last seen so he could rock up in clogs roof next week. For him to be aware of naden is a good thing.
Fearmongering. That's all it is.

A

Amathist of PoC

Sounds like senseless fearmongering to me.

Awareness is one thing, but I don't see the point of it here. There is not enough people here to really have it bother them here. Strangely he looks like 2 people I know, one of which has been in jail for assault. FEARMONGERING!!!!!

You have a problem with him up there? Set up a neighborhood watch or some crap like that. Petition the cops to do something about him.
Or maybe you can just do what other senseless fearmongerers do and claim that there is WMD's in Kempsey and send in the army. Maybe you should look for Oil there??
Fearmongering would be if my claims where baseless and or just pure fiction...like a Yettie roaming free in down town kempsey that likes to brush its teeth with children. Or there is a shack on a hill near kempsey believed to harbor a cult that eat children..........BOTH made up bull-dust just designed to scare.

What I am saying however is completely true and you can read the news articles I have linked to prove it. And it is a real danger to this community and others Australia wide. He got from Dubbo to Bellbrook...not easy terrain to cover on foot....so he is either one heck of a bushman to manage that distance or he managed to hop a ride here and there without fear of capture.

Why could he do it without fear of capture?....because no one out side of Dubbo was really aware of this man what he had done or was suspected of doing. These post hopefully make people aware and if they pass the information on even more people become aware. It was not designed to stop here......Word of mouth, Email, other forums, websites, blogs if more people post it more people read it the more that read and see the more that are aware.

He rocked up to the local pub in Bellbrook sat down had a beer brought cigarettes and had no fear with the cop shop a mer few hundred meters up the road....why? because no one knew what he looked like or anything about him.

He went to the general store at Bellbrook which is right across from a school and right near the cop shop.....why...because he could. He had no fear of being caught because he knew he was not known. He loomed over a woman while she slept........that just freaks me the hell out.....imagine living remotely nearest help is maybe 30min or more away and this man looms over you while your in bed.......NO THANK YOU.

Thankfully so far no one else has been hurt he has just taken food and camping gear...and before you say she dreamed it or its made up this was one of the houses his finger prints where found at that confirmed he was in the area.

The locals do not know how long he has been here or even if he is still here, but that does not mean I want him to be just forgotten about and aloud to roam free for another 4 years to terrorize other communities or possibly commit more crimes.

If you want no part in this and you do not wish to pass it on and let people know....then don't no one is forcing you to and no one is forcing you to read it, thank you for the time you have spent. To those that have passed it on THANK YOU..hopefully this is the year it all ends and the families it has affected can finally have some closure.

S

siyeng0

Why did this only become newsworthy when he chanced to start appearing around where you live? I have family in several towns within a few hours of Dubbo and I wouldn't have minded knowing that there was an escaped murderer hanging around the district. Why, there is a chance - and I know how much that this will dismay you, Amathist - that I might have been killed!

We now return to our regularly scheduled public service announcement.

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why did this only become newsworthy when he chanced to start appearing around where you live? I have family in several towns within a few hours of Dubbo and I wouldn't have minded knowing that there was an escaped murderer hanging around the district. Why, there is a chance - and I know how much that this will dismay you, Amathist - that I might have been killed!

Probably because she only heard about it when he showed up in her town and she decided to inform people so he has less a chance of running free.

S

siyeng0

*sigh* Damn it, this is too serious for me to troll. Katlene, I'm glad he's out of your area (and my family's) and I hope they catch him soon because honestly, he deserves to rot in prison.

That aside...

You just wait until you post something marginally less serious, Amathist!

I'll be waiting!

I'll be waiting~

T

To Arvo

Sadly the fact is that you could easily hide a small country in the Australian bush so one man with moderate bush skills could stay hidden indefinitely. The only chance of him getting caught is if he either gets bored and turns himself in or he does something incredibly foolish to draw attention to himself. Even making people aware of him will only make a minimal difference as in general people are not overly observant.

A

Amathist of PoC

As someone already stated I only became aware of this man and his crimes when he became known for crimes in my local area. At that point it sickened most of our community that we where simply kept in the dark.

The local authorities knew for some time that he was in the area but decided to keep it hush hush....and because of this he was able to visit a local pub and general store and was seen as any other average joe and went on his merry way.......the whole point of these posts on various forums is to avoid that happening again. Next time Malcolm Naden decides to surface in a town I want someone to have at least heard of him and his crimes and possibly help authorities catch him.

As for why you did not know about this ......???

I would have assumed it would have been all over the local Dubbo news when it first happened. But I guess a better question is now that you are aware of this man and what he is wanted for .....are you prepared to do something about it?

Wanted Banner: for forums, blogs, websites, emails or what ever you like

Wanted Square: for forums, blogs, websites and the likes

K

Katlene

It was all over the news and papers and the streets when it happened like i said it affected a hell of alot of people here.
When it was discovered he was in sams roof at the zoo it was all over the media again. And any other time that something new pops up it also appears.

BUT i dont recall seeing anything in the news here about him being spotted over that way. (granted i dont watch the news that often these days, usually its just bad news and it makes me ill)
I think they should of had it all over the place so that locals knew he was gone. (could of been a good alure for him to come back which with any luck would get him busted)

I could of let everyone know but siyengs the only person that im aware of that has ties anywhere near where i am.
And i also try not to think about him gives me the massive heebie jeebies because he would of had to of gone past my place to get out to the zoo =/

M

Mazdalin13

There has been numerous man hunts around Dubbo.. Hes gone, please dont send him back here :yell:

Hope hes found soon, guilty or not..

Status
Not open for further replies.