• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

of the Shogun Suits

Thrakkar

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
work in progress... :cool: i always collect 6 suits
Those look badass in the CC. (My only complaint regarding EC are the graphics, but EC has so much more QoL, it is impossible to go back. Though I have to admit, certain mobs look better in the EC, i.e. Cu Sidhe, giant beetle etc...)

Any reason, you don't collect female leather and female studded? (Assuming you don't since female plate has its own mannequin, but for leather & studded there is just one mannequin)

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It is funny how each one of us "Armor Sets" Collector has his personal " idiosyncrasies" in the way he displays his Sets.

E.g.: I always display the Bone Set with War Fork and Chaos Shield (plus color matching Jin-Baori & Skirt); the Ring Mail one with Wiking Sword, Norse Helm & Metal Shield; the Woodland Set with Radiant Scimitar, Bronze Shield & Raven Helm, and so on... :cool: :)

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ho do you change Mannequins Skin Hue? Or is it a Vendor?

Its a vendor from a Garg banker. Took me about 10 tries to get a skin hue that was not black or red. You could not see the suit on those. Can't change skin hue. I like vendors because you can put horns on those and color the horns.

MoonCres

Sage
UNLEASHED
Took me about 10 tries to get a skin hue that was not black or red. You could not see the suit on those. Can't change skin hue. I like vendors because you can put horns on those and color the horns.
Love your attention to detail when your garg thrower rolls a shield... anywho been awesome seeing some the suits good job!

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Its a vendor from a Garg banker. Took me about 10 tries to get a skin hue that was not black or red. You could not see the suit on those. Can't change skin hue. I like vendors because you can put horns on those and color the horns.
I didn't know that one can have various casually-hued Vendors!

BTW: for what I saw, if one gets a Human/Elf or Garg Vendor depends from the Char one use to activate the Vendor, not from the kind of Banker one buys them (at least with EC)...

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didn't know that one can have various casually-hued Vendors!

BTW: for what I saw, if one gets a Human/Elf or Garg Vendor depends from the Char one use to activate the Vendor, not from the kind of Banker one buys them (at least with EC)...
Hmm I always use humans to put the vendors down, So you need the Garg version deed from Ter Mur to get a garg vendor in CC. I just tried, my garg bought a vendor in Luna, it made a human vendor.

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hmm I always use humans to put the vendors down, So you need the Garg version deed from Ter Mur to get a garg vendor in CC. I just tried, my garg bought a vendor in Luna, it made a human vendor.
OK: this piqued my curiosity, so:

1) I just bought 4 Commission Vendors: 2 from Cove & 2 from TerMur Bankers. 1 from Cove and 1 from TerMur I bought with a Garg Char, the others 2 (again 1 from Cove and 1 from TerMur Bankers) I bought with a Human Char.
2) Placing them, the 2 placed by the Garg came out as Garg, the 2 placed by the Human, as Human.
3) My opinion thus is that the relevant aspect is what Race is the Char that BUYS the Vendor Contract, non the Race of the selling Banker, at least in EC.

Anyone cares to verify?

Last edited:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Getting close to having all these done and not even a single piece of chainmail yet. :wall: And why is it, every event the female pieces are the least to drop?

1698085886946.png

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
What do you use for their feet???

And does the bone helm actually exist??
View attachment 148374
The Bone Armor set is sought after even by not Collectors, so it is (at least initially) the most difficult to find for sale.

With the "otShogun" Armor Sets I use Hue 1175 (Charcoal/Black Natural Plant Pigment) for Boots/Cloacks/Obi/etc.

1175.jpg otsbone.jpg

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
They really need to add footwear to the treasures drops.
Boots or Sandals or something, and make them just as rare as female armor pieces :lol:
I agree on the need of a "Footware Addendum", not on the rarity of it! :p ;)

Beside this, I don't think the Female Armors and Bone Helms are so much rarer than the other Pieces: IMO they are simply more sought after even by not Collectors, so they show more infrequently for sale on Vendors, and at a premium price (at least initially)...

Last edited:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Doing every event, I have never seen Dragon armor.

No one likes elves?

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Doing every event, I have never seen Dragon armor.

No one likes elves?
As I wrote, my Dragon Armor Sets are "non-canon": i.e. I use "normal" Dragon Armor dyed in a Hue as similar as possible to the Armor Hue of that particular ToT Event.

For some ToT Items it is easy: e.g.: both "ot Kotl" & "of Ice" Drops are of a Hue that is obtainable from some kind of Tub/Pigment - Hue 2591 from the various "Metallic" Tubs for "ot Kotl" and Hue 1154 "Ice Blue" Plant Pigment for "of Ice" stuff (plus same 1154 Hue Boots - named "ot Ice Wyrm" - are a 20,000 Points "Clean Up Britannia" Reward).

For others (the majority, unfortunately...) ToT Events one can only use a Hue as similar as possible to the one of that ToT "legit" Drops: e.g., for the "ot Fey" Event, the Hue 2128 "Green Plant Pigment" is an approximation good enough for my tastes, as is Hue 1175 (Charcoal/Black Plant Pigment) for "ot Shogun" Stuff...

dragArms.jpg otsbone.jpg

Last edited:

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Would anyone be willing to provide me with shard & coordinates to their house for an update to this page please?
Here. On ATL, complete "otShogun" Armors Sets, both Human/Elf & Garg ones, plus some personal ones (Dragon, etc.).

The House is Private, but the Mannequins with the Armor Sets are on the roof, so their Paperdolls can still be looked at (at least in EC) from outside the building.

completeotshogunas.jpg

Grugot

Journeyman
Over 500 shogun drops to date and not one bone helmet. I have had one bone chest piece drop and multiple gloves but no bone helmet.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Over 500 shogun drops to date and not one bone helmet. I have had one bone chest piece drop and multiple gloves but no bone helmet.
Hubby and I have gotten almost 1400 and only one bone helm. We have enough bone pieces to complete 5 suits before we stopped collecting them (without the helm).

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Hubby and I have gotten almost 1400 and only one bone helm. We have enough bone pieces to complete 5 suits before we stopped collecting them (without the helm).
Same question for you too: on what Shard?

Because on ATL that are ofShogun Bone Helmets for sale on VS for as low as 5 Mils.

But Shard Bounding doesn't damage the Low Pop Shards small Deco Collectors, "they" say, nonono... :mad:

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Because on ATL that are ofShogun Bone Helmets for sale on VS for as low as 5 Mils.

But Shard Bounding doesn't damage the Low Pop Shards small Deco Collectors, "they" say, nonono... :mad:
Sonoma

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Not a bit only shard hoping grave robbers

SteelRust

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Unfortunately personally I don't know anyone that plays on Sonoma or GL.

Maybe you both could publish a Search post on the UO Official Forum too?