• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Odd event regarding stat loss?

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me preface this with I am completely new to factions, so this may be a common occurrence. Seemed strange to me tho. I was fighting invasion in tram and my faction char died to one of the generals that simply would not get off my mage's tail -- he looked like some sort of speed hacker. After getting a rez from someone at the invasion, I noticed my invis spell would fizzle mult times despite my 115 magery. Seemed odd, but did not suspsect anything just yet. Then failed hiding despite gm hiding and died again. After obtaining another rez, I checked my stats and they were all greatly reduced. I have never had stat loss before so not sure if the numbers equated to normal stat loss, but I figure taht somehow I ended up in stat loss. I finally got a message that said something to the effect that your spirit returns to normal -- stats went up. Went back to invasion for some revenge and promptly died to another suicidal general and I was immediately back in stat loss. Is this normal? For some reason I thought stat loss was only caused by deaths to another faction or in fel or something. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks a bunch Kellgory. Good to know that. It was the first time I had a faction char die to the red spawn and wasn't sure what was happening.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to add one comment to confuse things a bit more!

I believe that your faction character does NOT go into skill loss if killed by a corrupted NPC. Haven't wanted to bother with checking it out to confirm, but a week or so ago died on a faction character in the Minoc tavern that was full of hatred-corrupted NPCs and invasion spawn. Surprisingly, didn't end up in skill loss and a guildmate said it was because I was killed by one of the NPCs.

So......even though killing the corrupted NPCs will give your faction character silver, they might not put you into skill loss if they manage to cause your character's death. In other words, if you get in a situation like I was in, maybe you'll get a nice surprise and not be in skill loss. :hahaha:

Xanthril of LA

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice addition Tina. They do cause karma loss. I realized that when my Paladin decided to fight the ones that were killing the Paladins in Trinsic. It kept saying "You have killed an innocent" but I thought how innocent can they be if they are killing paladins without provocation. Although I did not realize it until I logged back on the character a couple days later, but I had gone from Great to Wicked...which certainly did not sit well with my role playing side. Suffice to say, a number of liches, rotters, etc. later, I was back to positive karma and could show my face back in Luna. :-D