• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania Server Down

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone,

As everyone is aware Oceania is down and will be for an extended period. There are hardware issues that are out of our control but the server is currently being worked on and willl return as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and will keep you updated with any new information we get.

Mesanna

X

Xaniya

OMG some sort of an answer ????? well thankyou finally but it still dont help.
As for patience that ran out 8 hrs ago !!

Althalus -VKR-

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im happy with this, atleast we know the problem and that something is being done about it. cheers

Bryson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone,

As everyone is aware Oceania is down and will be for an extended period. There are hardware issues that are out of our control but the server is currently being worked on and willl return as soon as possible.

We appreciate your patience and will keep you updated with any new information we get.

Mesanna
Thanks for the communication :)

There are a few questions though.
1. If the shard is down and payments are suspended until it returns will our homes be in danger of IDOC?
2. Any compensation ie rewards or special event
3. How often will we hear from you in regards to whats going on because this communication needs to be maintained.

Cheers

Clog|Mordain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello everyone,

Mesanna
Thank you for your response. Will this fix the lag and server drop outs completely?

S

Sheepo79

Just came back to UO re-activated 3 of my accounts about less then 2 weeks ago, Because I saw screenshots of my old friends on stratics in Oceania, Specifically in Oceania, because I will play on Oceania, and only Oceania.

And to come onto such extensive downtime, without prompt rectification of any faults that might have occured, much less to say, within 24hrs of the server downtime, there was no updates, no announcements, no communication of what had happen to the server, and to what I understand from Bryson's communication with EA reps, the problem does seems to be shuffled here and there and eventually put into "KIV" status and ultimately, Bryson did not get a satisfactory/suitable response to our questions regarding the server status.

I can understand that the server went down in the weekend, specifically around 9pm Aust time on a saturday, and that most technicians or any customer service representatives would be "off duty". Now my question is, is our subscription to Ultima Online on "Off Payment" During weekends and holiday seasons? If we are expected to pay for the gametime we play during weekends, which most of us do have to work to continue to pay EA for our Ultima Online subscription, I would expect EA or at least deligate the Host of the servers to have ample "Standby" response team in situations where the server goes down during weekend or holiday period.

Cheers to our Oceania players. And signed off to EA and Mythic Management.

From Oceania shard with utter disappointment,

Silver Star
Kuchiki Rukia
and various other char you guys would already know if you know that two names of mine.

M

MoonBeam(TBD)

As if they will give us money back for the time wasted.. What do they care that we are unhappy? They are getting money still. Generic responses do not fix things. I'd be shocked if they compensate us.

Bryson

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As if they will give us money back for the time wasted.. What do they care that we are unhappy? They are getting money still. Generic responses do not fix things. I'd be shocked if they compensate us.
Hi MoonBeam
There is no financial restitution to be received as in the Terms of Service. Attached is the link:
ORIGIN - Ultima Online - Main

I did have a bit of a rant on http://vboards.stratics.com/uo-spiels-n-rants/240039-uo-dead.html so feel free to add there as well.

This is extremely disappointing but seriously, what can we do but just wait. I want to be clear on how long I have before IDOC (is it 3 months?) so I can suspend payments and pay again when up and going.

Right sorry mess EA games have got themselves in.

S

Sheepo79

The following comments is addressed to EA and Mythic:

Being a leading and reputable Gaming Company/Industry, do not forget that in UO online gaming, you are still a Service Provider, where gamers pay to play the game with a monthly subscription. As a Service Provider, shouldn't the management have a workplan to ensure a smooth experience for the subscribers? We can accept a 10 minutes, even if you need an hour a day for the server restart and back up or maintenance if needed. But to tolerate 3 days of server down time due to a hardware failure/defect, this is unacceptable.

Bottom line in layman term. Don't make us subscribers pay for your mistake or flaws in your hardware/systems.

How would the world of gamers, the press the media were to think of the providers when subscribers are being shuffled around and told to be patient and tolerant when mistakes and systems failures are definitely not caused by the subscribers, but caused by the inadequate planning by the management. If it can happen to Ultima Online, if it can happen to Oceania Shard, the same situation can happen to ANY games and ANY service provided under EA and Mythic.

Silver Star
Kuchiki Rukia

M

MoonBeam(TBD)

Happy generic messages do not make it better.. I wasn't ranting about getting my money back from lack of service.. was making a comment cause everyone always cries about getting money back LOL. I know they wont LOL.

M

Malistra

do we get an idea on the length of this "extended period"?

or is it just when you cbf?

W

warlordIII

This is the problem of the management and customer service !

LiquidSolidity

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We don't really want to hear that "it is out of our control". That just sounds like an excuse. How about just apologising and telling us that you are doing all you can to fix the problem?

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We don't really want to hear that "it is out of our control". That just sounds like an excuse. How about just apologising and telling us that you are doing all you can to fix the problem?
Not to mention, on any decent host, the downtime from this past weekend alone is grounds for contract termination. It's not out of EA/Mythic's control, they choose this host, out of the many...many other data centers in that region

What I find even more shocking is that they can get away with doing this at all, who doesn't have backup servers that can be quickly restored to and put up and running...I mean, seriously.....

Yet another thing that if it had happened with any company I had ever worked with, quite a few people would be FIRED over it.

M

Malistra

Anyway, its back up, so no use complaining further =P

Thx to EA for getting it back up :grouphug:

S

Sheepo79

Wednesday, 1st of June, 1am Perth Time....

Oceania is down yet once again....

Sigh.... I'm Speechless....