• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Oceania Olympic Games Archery Event Change (Thu 10th Jan 7pm AEST)

C

Cymoril

<center>
</center>
Hello guys! A small change to the Archery Event:

<font color=red>Red</font color=red> characters can also enter and should meet at West Brit Bank in Felucca.

We'll be casting gates to the Archery Buttes from both the WBB Fel and The Olympic Arena. This means the event will now be in Felucca, but in a guardzone. If you're concerned at all, just don't bring anything uninsured or that you can't afford to lose.

See the other details below...

<center>

</center>

D

Digger McTaggart

Hehe, this should be a bit of fun!! I tested the GZ, and believe me, anyone that goes grey will get a dirt nap in a nanosecond...I did, lol

Click on my siggy to link to our Guild Portal Website - Full Details of All Olympic Events are there!

G

I'll try and be there... hopefully I have UO installed by then (posting from new pc ^_^).

G

Aww doesnt look like I'll be able to make this one either - hope y'all have fun that go!

And Gooo Trinsic!

G

There is a competitor for trinsic tonight Penny from PoC

Theres no one waiting in fel... wheres all the competition huh?

D

Digger McTaggart

You're supposed to be at the Arena, lol..and it's running a tad behind schedule

No Fel Archers turned up yet either, hehe.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You're supposed to be at the Arena, lol..and it's running a tad behind schedule

No Fel Archers turned up yet either, hehe.

[/ QUOTE ]

OH NO ...........I was in a time warp I kept thinking today was wednesday I am so sorry I mised the event.

C

Cymoril

Well the event went really well, and here were the results...

ARCHERY
GOLD -Queen Aglaranna (Magincia)
SILVER - Penny (Trinsic)
BRONZE - Miki DeTaker (Minoc)

Here's a pic taken of our medal winners at the finish:

I'll update the Olympic thread shortly

G

It looks like it was fun I am so sorry I missed it I was looking forward to it.
Congrats to the medal winners.

D

Digger McTaggart

Congrats to the medalists!

Was good fun too, tho I felt a bit exposed running in front of the Archers in Fel to collect the arrows!! Waterboy for the night. *sighs*

<blockquote><hr>

Petrify: I'll try and be there... hopefully I have UO installed by then (posting from new pc ^_^).

[/ QUOTE ]

So ok Petrify, specs please....what's in the box?

G

Intel quad core Q6600 @ 2.4 ghz, 2gig ram, 8800 GT Galaxy... antec 900 case, asus 22" monitor (2ms).

Oh and Crysis is so leet.

D

Digger McTaggart

<blockquote><hr>

Intel quad core Q6600 @ 2.4 ghz, 2gig ram, 8800 GT Galaxy... antec 900 case, asus 22" monitor (2ms).

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice gadget there. That video card got excellent reviews.

G

The Olympic's have been great so far lots of fun. It has been a fair turn out I would say not shard haulting or anything but a comfortable amount and a large enough emount to make it competitive and fun and still have a couple of spectators.

C

Cymoril

There's been a LOT of interest. A good number of people stopping me to ask questions and so on. It's been really pleasing to see that it's generated some enthusiasm.

Turnout has been better than we had originally hoped for, but has been less than what I was expecting at the last minute given the amount of interest. I was actually becoming worried that there would be too many people so I had to introduce qualifying sessions for the first few events.

Luckily, quite a few prefer to spectate so it works well. The Olympic events are also mostly pretty short (30mins to 1hr), so it's not a big time committment.