• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

O.T. The Dark Knight...

D

Danse

Just got back from seeing it...

It was great!!!

I am not one to go around talking about movies all that much...even hubby like it.

I would love to go and see it again...RIGHT NOW!!!

MageCruella

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it heart wrenching to watch Heath Ledger knowing that he is gone?

That is what is keeping me away.

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am worried that all the hype and all the idiots are way overexagerating Heaths performance of the Joker and all this post humounus Oscar talk for him already.

I actauly love Arron Eckhart more (from his perforance in in the Company of Men where he stole the whole move as a slimy business man.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I am worried that all the hype and all the idiots are way overexagerating Heaths performance of the Joker and all this post humounus Oscar talk for him already.
What idiots? You mean the ones who've actually seen the movie? Those idiots? I guess imma just have to make my own decision.

D

Danse

He brought the part of the Joker to life...it is sad what happened to him, but he deserves to be honored for that role.

He helps the movie, but without the entire cast, the movie would not be what it is.

Watch it to the very end...it is the whole that is good, and to just see it as pieces would not do it justice.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

I personally think I'm going to like this series of the Batman movies cause this group of movies has already had the main character playing batman signed on for 3 movies at least.

This series is based strongly off the "Dark Knight" comicbook line which is a Darker more evil side of batman and how he is upsesive over righting wrongs and all that jazz. The batman that's willing to kick arse and take names later, even willing to kill when he has to. AKA the Badazz Batman, unlike the Adam West "Holy Lame Acting Batman" or the other movies that were honestly underwrote. Out of the previous line of batman movies the ones with Michael Kaeton were the best by far, everyone after that just went down hill. Batman Begins brought back that same childhood love I had for the Dark Knight comic book where batman would bust someones face in and not think twice about hanging them from a building then letting them drop after he's got the info he wanted. The Dark batman is the good batman imo :p, of course I'm an evil little fooker like that :p.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not entirely sure I like this darker side of Batman. Overall the movie was good, but I liked the others better.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well Batman was supposed to be dark. Hes supposed to be able to kill these thugs and not think twice about it. I think the Dark Knight series was probably the best batman series in awhile.

Im seeing the movie on Sunday!!

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Batman was originally dark and then went campy but then went dark again in the Tim Burton films but then went lighter and crappeir in the next two films but the Dark KNight I will see too but I think its a far stretch Heath Ledger is anywhere near as good as Jacks Joker.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I liked Jack's joker, this guy was just disturbing and twisted, which is probably the way he's suppose to be.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just got back from the Dark Knight. Awesome movie, and imo Heath Ledger did a GREAT job. His joker was crazy as hell, made you laugh and was just psychotic. The way he was supposed to be. Even the second villian in the movie was awsome...

Heath Ledger did a great job. Hes going to be hard to replace in a sequel if they do that.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Only person I could think of that is a good enough actor that has someone the same looks and features as Heath is Orlando Bloom or however you spell his name, the guy from LoTR and Pirates of the Carabean. I after seeing Sweety Todd and based on a few of his other roles I think Johnny Depp could pull off a good joker as well.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Johnny Depp ya maybe, but Orlando Bloome, hell no. Horrible actor imo. He wasnt that great in Lotr, just a pretty boy with pointy ears. And dont get me wrong im a huge fan of Lotr, but he couldnt pull off the joker ever.