• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

O-K guys - Death Strike template time

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Coffin

I'm thinking about a Death Strike template because PvP is basically lots of running around.

Here's what I've hashed out...

120 Mace Fighting (or whatever? ...I like mace fighting. Nerve strike would be cool but Eee-gads, fitting bushido into this template? Yikes!)
120 Tact
120 Stealth
120 Ninja
100 Hiding
80 Med
60 Chiv

I would try for 4/6 with Enhance Potions. Not sure on stats, but I am thinking -tons- of mana.

There's a death striker running around Great Lakes and whenever I hear that "Dow-Wi-CHAW!" I laugh and it sounds like fun. Has anyone done this and can give me a little pointer or a tip?

L

Larry

Depends how you want to play.

You lack defenses with that build, which is fine if you want it that way. To be honest DS dexxers are usually assassin type suiciders in the first place. You stay hidden until you know you can bring someone down. The build looks good though.

Deathstrike -> shuriken DP -> Deathstrike -> armor ignore/conc blow

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's a death striker running around Great Lakes and whenever I hear that "Dow-Wi-CHAW!" I laugh and it sounds like fun. Has anyone done this and can give me a little pointer or a tip?
You would probably be referring to Ressurection, which is me. And trust me, having Bushido in there for nerve strike is totally worth it. For healing you are on the right track with 4/6 chiv and EP. You also have confidence when you have bushido.

And for the record, it's Hookicha!!!

C

Coffin

Thanks guys. Looks like a lot of fun. I see what you mean about the bushido thing. *rubs chin* Hmmm... :]

C

Coffin

Is this information still accurate?

The stealth changes have made the formula for death strike damage a little cumbersome. Here are some examples:

0 hiding and 0 stealth = 12 damage if they run (elf) [not including tracking] (a human does 17 because of the free 20 in hiding and stealth)

100 hiding and 80 stealth = 34 damage if they run [not including tracking]

100 hiding and 120 stealth = 40 damage if they run [not including tracking]

Edit:

In which case, I think I have a new template -

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Ninja
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
60 Chivalry

Mana problem, lol. But I'll get max LMC, 100 mana, and all the MR items I can get through faction items and MR 2 barbed stuff.

R

RichDC

AS direct damage is capped at 35 in PvP if your just going to be utilising the deathstrike and need stealth i wouldnt suggest taking it higher,

And at 80 you have 100% success chance at stealth, ceterus parabus of course.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AS direct damage is capped at 35 in PvP if your just going to be utilising the deathstrike and need stealth i wouldnt suggest taking it higher,

And at 80 you have 100% success chance at stealth, ceterus parabus of course.
This is incorrect. Direct Damage from a death strike is not capped at 35 damage.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this information still accurate?

The stealth changes have made the formula for death strike damage a little cumbersome. Here are some examples:

0 hiding and 0 stealth = 12 damage if they run (elf) [not including tracking] (a human does 17 because of the free 20 in hiding and stealth)

100 hiding and 80 stealth = 34 damage if they run [not including tracking]

100 hiding and 120 stealth = 40 damage if they run [not including tracking]

Edit:

In which case, I think I have a new template -

120 Swords
120 Bushido
120 Tactics
120 Ninja
100 Hiding
80 Stealth
60 Chivalry

Mana problem, lol. But I'll get max LMC, 100 mana, and all the MR items I can get through faction items and MR 2 barbed stuff.
You could have just saved time and found my previous post that lists this off..

C

Coffin

Ahh, it's good that I figure this stuff out on my own I guess. I'm going to stick with those numbers and test it out real good and tweak it from there.

C

Coffin

A follow up to my death striker thread!

I've completed the character and it's FUN. He's really awesome in a group. I haven't been able to 1 vs 1 very well, but I don't think I'm supposed to anyway. I have a necro mage for that.

I've had great results with nervestrike/deathstrike/deathstrike while working with someone else doing damage. My bokuto isn't that good. One thing I was thinking about... would hit spell, like fireball, break the nerve strike? That's just about the only thing I'm not sure of.

Thanks for all your help on my character, guys.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've had great results with nervestrike/deathstrike/deathstrike while working with someone else doing damage. My bokuto isn't that good. One thing I was thinking about... would hit spell, like fireball, break the nerve strike? That's just about the only thing I'm not sure of.

Thanks for all your help on my character, guys.
It has always been my understanding that fireball and magic arrow would break the nerve strike because the damage comes afterwards, but harm and lightning would not because the damage hits the same time as the hit.

C

Coffin

Hey - you were the one that led me to choose bush for nerve strike : P

It's a sweet template.

G

gjohnson5

IMHO they need to nerf all bushido attacks and weapon specials if the person doesn't have parry. They went out of their way to make nerve strike basically require all the supporting skills (which makes no sense because noone uses 9-11 two handed weapons with the exception of myself). IMHO a ninja w/bushido is more of a thief type char then a warrior... They also need to ungimp bushido
*edit*
It would cut down on these silly lightning striking archers
*edit*

T

Turdnugget

No skill?

Have you ever tried to play that template? It takes more skill than you think. Being able to hit the right special move at the right time takes some practice. It's not like you can just make the template and are automatically gimp good with it.

It takes more skill than a gimp archer running around spamming conc blow/mortal.

Only real losers look for other ways to spell the same word. Move along.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Coffin, you can't run from me forever.

Eventually you will need to fight me.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
NO and I certainly wouldn't be by some no-skill stealth gimp loozer either
I'll pop out on you like a god damned jack-in-the-box. All you would hear is Thwap, Hookicha, (sound of evil omen), and then all you would see is me asking "how you got died dood?".

S

Still Frame

I'll pop out on you like a god damned jack-in-the-box. All you would hear is Thwap, Hookicha, (sound of evil omen), and then all you would see is me asking "how you got died dood?".
Hmm last time i saw resurrection i was more like i heard the nerve and death strikes along with the mortal and conc from archers but wheres my death? Oh right...still at half life

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If my team of assassin archers hit you with a mortal/conc at the same time my nerve and death it's over... The last time we hunted you, you got a smoke bomb off after the dismount hit you... but I have killed Kadaj (Kajad?) by myself on Ressurection before Sieg (Seig? Siege?).

I'll dig for the screeny in my photobucket tonight. Late night at work.

C

Coffin

Evil omen you say? Now that is an interesting idea....hm. I only have 55 points to spare and it's in chiv, which I hardly use actually and I've been wondering what else I could throw in.

Lynk, single me out and you should have no problems. I'm kinda still shopping for good weapons. That little run-in at yew was fun, I was trying to stick it out and fight for a bit, but I get jumpy when dismounters are around.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Evil omen you say? Now that is an interesting idea....hm. I only have 55 points to spare and it's in chiv, which I hardly use actually and I've been wondering what else I could throw in.

Lynk, single me out and you should have no problems. I'm kinda still shopping for good weapons. That little run-in at yew was fun, I was trying to stick it out and fight for a bit, but I get jumpy when dismounters are around.
You get no more help from me on how to build the correct template.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't seem to remember saying anything to you
and LOL @ a "turdnugget" calling anyone a loser
Why don't you go back to growing more plants and giving out free seeds at a trammel bank, this is a PvP thread.

S

Still Frame

If my team of assassin archers hit you with a mortal/conc at the same time my nerve and death it's over... The last time we hunted you, you got a smoke bomb off after the dismount hit you... but I have killed Kadaj (Kajad?) by myself on Ressurection before Sieg (Seig? Siege?).

I'll dig for the screeny in my photobucket tonight. Late night at work.
Go ahead and dig up your rez kill. Lynk why did you leave uopvp? :(

G

gjohnson5

Why don't you go back to growing more plants and giving out free seeds at a trammel bank, this is a PvP thread.
I know exactly what it is
My next gig is to take out all the UOD trash

C

Chaosy

Obviously this thread is just a flame war now instead of actually contributing anything. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.