• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] Nvidia Users

jtw1984

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Most have probably already tried this. I have a high end gaming system, but for some reason was still experiencing great lag with the SA client.

So I did not realize this was possible until yesterday. You can open up your nvidia control panel and manually change specific games.

So, I changed SA settings to all performance and lowered everything in the client as low as possible.

Now I can play the client for about an hour before it starts lagging whereas before I could only play for about 10 minutes before everything would start freezing up.

Hopefully this can help some ppl out.

F

Fink

I'm not a very technically-oriented person, but this was one of the first measures I took when setting up.

Many years ago, when PC compatibility was more of a cake-or-death issue, often games would be released with a setup utility that detected your hardware and adjusted the game accordingly.

I think the EC should revisit this concept, or at least have a companion set-up guide that launches with the installer that covers this sort of thing. Maybe even just a general performance-vs-quality settings gump that pops up the first time you run the client. I'm sure by now there's a lot of data on what works and what doesn't.