• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NPC vendor question - delay between visits req'd?

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm playing UO again after a nine year absence (using the EC) and had something happen in New Haven with an NPC vendor that makes me curious.

I tried to buy some basic armor and what was in my shopping cart cost more than the gold I had in my backpack (but I had reserves in the bank). Thinking the game would automatically withdraw the difference from my bank box, I tried to complete the purchase. The vendor said I didn't have enough gold to cover the transaction and the purchase was cancelled.

Ok, I said to myself, I'll just try again but not try to buy so much. But I couldn't get the vendor's attention with "vendor buy" this time, no matter how many times I tried. The items for sale gump never popped up.

What did I do wrong? Is there a timer that prevents multiple transactions with the same vendor? If so, anyone know how long the timer lasts?

Thanks for the help!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never heard of any sort of timer. Just the other night I bought out a vendor's stock of rubys 5 times in a row. No delay. As soon as the vendor gump closed, I could open it again. This was in the classic client though. Maybe an enhanced client bug?

Did you try the context menu?

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on how you have your client set up. Mine I just single left click on an NPC to get the menu. I believe the default setting is shift + left click.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depends on how you have your client set up. Mine I just single left click on an NPC to get the menu. I believe the default setting is shift + left click.
Thanks - I'll give that a try tonight. I haven't done any tweaking of the client so it's all in default mode right now.

B

Beer_Cayse

purchases from NPCs will deduct from the cash in the bank only if the costs is more than 2000 gp.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
purchases from NPCs will deduct from the cash in the bank only if the costs is more than 2000 gp.
That's good to know - thanks. I think my total purchase was under 400 gp so it makes sense that the transaction failed. Still wondering why I couldn't buy anything from the vendor immediately after that, though. Have see if I can replicate the situation.

Wulf2k

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While you were standing there, he might have taken a step just out of range.

Try single clicking him for the context menu (assuming EC works like CC in that regard). If Buy is greyed out, he's out of range.

gortman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While you were standing there, he might have taken a step just out of range.

Try single clicking him for the context menu (assuming EC works like CC in that regard). If Buy is greyed out, he's out of range.
I'll just use the vendor context menu from now on - that works fine.

Thanks.