• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Nox Mage and weaponskill

X

Xizz

Heya.

Im currently running a nox mage with wrestling (and a little necro/ss for evil omen), but after some reading i get the feeling fencing/swords would be better.

I like wrestling, but what im trying to figure out is if i will like fencing or swords more.

Soo..i guess the question is; whats the advantages of swords/fenc?

My english is far from topknotch so excuse that if possible

Thanks in advance

I

imported_GFY

A nox mage with a weapon skill would be fine for defense but you would be limitted on offense. You could change your template around and add 70 tactics for primary weapon specials and 90 tac for secondary weapon skill. You would also need to include as much HCI as possible to be able to hit serious PVPers. You would have to increase your dex to at least 80 or your swing speed would be too slow to make much difference.

It can be a very offensive template but is difficult to set up and puts limits on your magery. (Increase dex and you'll have to decrease int or strength)

I

imported_mr.blackmage

25 dex/stam is fine. poison + weapon skill gives you infection strike I think. You don't need tactics/anat. There is almost zero reason to have wrestle over other combat skills, besides the fact that you can chug easier.

I

imported_mr.blackmage

depends on what you want to do. not many archer mages out there. I'd say go with swords.

NeXeD LeGeNd

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
macing is sweet too if your gonna go with 70 tact.... you get a good diamond mace... and you can alter the fight with just one hit...