• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Now we pay tax per account?

LordGenesis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Just updated my billing info and reactivated my accounts since they deactivated them this morning because they didnt have any of my billing info.

I always paid 12.99 every month on each of my accounts... when i added my billing info and reactivated my accounts... it charged me taxes,..... 13.90 now per account.

Is this a glitch? cause in 15 years ive never seen taxes added to the accounts ever.

Whats the deal?

iamSnippa

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure why theres a tax now... but it's my understanding that this has been around for a little while (not sure how long).

Also, personally... while it says 12.99 next to the subscription on my acct page, I get charged the tax putting it at almost $14, and then on top of that, they've been charging an additional $1 to my bank account for some reason.

Cear Dallben Dragon

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I know a while back some states started taxing internet purchases. To my knowledge North Carolina has not been a taxer, yet I now pay this tax as well.

LordGenesis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I looked at my bank statements for last month... 12.99... no tax... im in florida we have never paid for internet sales tax unless the company was based in florida.

Now im paying 13.90 per month starting this morning...wth? :thumbdown:

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Am not saying this is the case... but.... If they moved the "billing" stuff to Virginia I would not put it past that state to have some tax law that says any goods or services received via internet from their state would be subject to their state tax. That is one CRAZY state when it pertains to taxes etc. 'Tis the California of the East Coast!

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been charged tax on my accounts for a long time now. A few years at least. Just be thankful you got by tax free as long as you did.

"America is a great country. You can murder, steal, ****, extort and vandalize all you want and they won't bother you much. But if you don't pay your taxes, you're going to jail."

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
my issue is the extra tax I shouldn't have

in UK we have VAT inclusive example here

which is our item tax

then When I go to pay I get this

So I have made the choice to use the Game time codes I sell myself for gold

Only I cannot enter them right now and I now have inactive accounts :(

i posted this on another thread but it fits here

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as the US goes, it looks like EA is just collecting the local sales tax now whether the state actually requires it or not.

Most states have a sales tax. There are some that don't. Not all states that DO have a sales tax require out of state companies to collect it on internet sales. However, like I said, it appears now that EA is collecting it anyway.

I haven't set up billing in my active accounts yet as they still have a few months time left. Since I live in a state that has NO sales tax I expect that I'll not be charged any tax. We'll see.

I'm curious if anyone living in Oregon or Montana have had tax added to their subscription price?

A

Aboo

I looked at my bank statements for last month... 12.99... no tax... im in florida we have never paid for internet sales tax unless the company was based in florida.

Now im paying 13.90 per month starting this morning...wth? :thumbdown:
It's been the same way in Oklahoma until they changed the Account Management system. Now I am paying $14.11 per month, per account. An explanation would have really been much nicer instead of the shock I felt when I saw that I was now being charged $1.12 MORE per month, per account.

Charin

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes us in Oklahoma are not supposed to pay internet tax lol but aparently they dont understand this in billing and are charging it anyway.... its pure profit.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't set up billing in my active accounts yet as they still have a few months time left. Since I live in a state that has NO sales tax I expect that I'll not be charged any tax. We'll see.

What do you mean by saying "I haven't set up billing in my active accounts yet" ??

Are we supposed to do anything even for accounts that are already active ?

I mean, when they migrated to this new system didn't they just copy and paste whatever they needed for active accounts from the old system to the new one ??

I can understand players having to do something for brand new accounts or perhaps old inactive accounts that are re-activated, but for accounts which are already active ??

It would make no sense to me, how hard would it be for them to just copy all info for the active account from the old system to the new one ??

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes us in Oklahoma are not supposed to pay internet tax lol but aparently they dont understand this in billing and are charging it anyway.... its pure profit.
If EA is collecting the tax then it must be forwarded on to the state. I'm sure EA's lawyers are on top of that one. At least one would hope so.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

What do you mean by saying "I haven't set up billing in my active accounts yet" ??

I mean, when they migrated to this new system didn't they just copy and paste whatever they needed for active accounts from the old system to the new one ??

I can understand players having to do something for brand new accounts or perhaps old inactive accounts that are re-activated, but for accounts which are already active ??

It would make no sense to me, how hard would it be for them to just copy all info for the active account from the old system to the new one ??
Well, supposedly the billing information is the one thing that was not going to transfer over. If you have recurring payment set up on active accounts, then you'll still need to get in there and enter new billing information.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Plus, just as info, the two remaining active accounts I have are set to expire in October and November. I've not entered any new billing information since the migration began and both of these accounts have been accessible the entire time. I have not experienced even a day of disruption due to account management or billing.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been paying a tax for a while on mine.
Most have too. I suspect the shock that some players are experiencing of being taxed is that EA appears to be collecting tax now, even in states that don't require "out of state, internet based sales" to be taxed.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
That's not cool Iowa has never had Sales Tax on anything purchased over the Internet and I don't want to be paying taxes on stuff I shouldn't be taxed for.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Just updated my billing info and reactivated my accounts since they deactivated them this morning because they didnt have any of my billing info.

I always paid 12.99 every month on each of my accounts... when i added my billing info and reactivated my accounts... it charged me taxes,..... 13.90 now per account.

Is this a glitch? cause in 15 years ive never seen taxes added to the accounts ever.

Whats the deal?
Answer :lol:

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Whats the deal?
Answer :lol:
Ha! Classic fail by EA!

Fayled, that link takes you to the EA FAQ,

which links to this;

ANSWER

This FAQ has been moved or is no longer available. Please utilize the search bar above to search for your answer.

which, puts you in an endless loop. Typical EA.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Electronic Arts charges online sales tax for Dark Age of Camelot subscriptions. The reason for this is many U.S. states are implementing taxes on online subscriptions. The tax calculation will be handled using a system provided to us by Vertex.

The tax is only for customers with a U.S. or Canada billing address and will not affect APO customers. As taxes can and do change regularly, please check with your local/state government (Department of Revenue) for the latest online sales tax rate.

This is for DAoC, but it says EA...so I'm assuming it's for us too.

Only thing I could find.

C

Capn Kranky

Ezekiel gotcha! I also tried that link and it's a dead end ... sorta like account management is ATM.

DeathNote

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I live in Europe, yet I pay in dollars and are taxed in dollars.

Very expensive now to play UO. Maybe it was a bad time to come back :(

A

Aboo

Plus, just as info, the two remaining active accounts I have are set to expire in October and November. I've not entered any new billing information since the migration began and both of these accounts have been accessible the entire time. I have not experienced even a day of disruption due to account management or billing.
You are VERY lucky then because 3 of my accounts were blocked and I could not get on them until I updated my credit card information EVEN though I had the EXACT same credit card information in the accounts BEFORE the migration as I put in AFTER the migration.

A

Aboo

That's not cool Iowa has never had Sales Tax on anything purchased over the Internet and I don't want to be paying taxes on stuff I shouldn't be taxed for.
The very least they should have done is tell us that they are going to start collecting tax on those of us who for YEARS have NEVER paid tax on our subscriptions. Unless Oklahoma passed a law VERY recently, we should NOT be taxed on our subscriptions. Though that's definitely something I will check out tomorrow.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
This is the only link out there I could find right now that's close to the point I make above:

Virginia Gains Momentum and Double Threat

But, I still hold this is a Va thing. They have been trying to set it up where ANY business {internet, billing, normal commerce} done with ANY resident or business in the Commonwealth all have to pay Va tax. No matter if it's a good or service. I am willing to bet that's why everyone is paying tax now on their accounts even if their home state does not have an internet tax. Granted the link above deals solely with referring folks from one site to another via links etc. but do you not think that same bill has language to apply to subscriptions for online video games? And where is Mythic now? Fairfax VA.

Vampyre Kitty

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't aware of the tax either since I've always paid $12.99.. well I went to reactivate some accts and it's $14.04 now.. wtf? I know its only $1.05 diff now but seriously....lame.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've been charged $14.12 per month for each of my subscriptions for awhile now. The state i live in has a 8.7% Tax rate, and has a law that requires internet "services/goods" to be taxed as well.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The very least they should have done is tell us that they are going to start collecting tax on those of us who for YEARS have NEVER paid tax on our subscriptions. Unless Oklahoma passed a law VERY recently, we should NOT be taxed on our subscriptions. Though that's definitely something I will check out tomorrow.
Well despite the laws in the state of Iowa I checked and 3 accounts billed today and sure enough.... I've been charged Tax!

LordGenesis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Yeah and here is teh response you get when clicking on that question

This FAQ has been moved or is no longer available. Please utilize the search bar above to search for your answer.

This is bull... florida does not have a sales tax on internet sales.. If they are collecting it "anyway" i wanna be damn sure its going to Florida and not some corporate executives pockets...

We may be video game players but we are not stupid by any means.

:yell:

LordGenesis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
This is the only link out there I could find right now that's close to the point I make above:

Virginia Gains Momentum and Double Threat

But, I still hold this is a Va thing. They have been trying to set it up where ANY business {internet, billing, normal commerce} done with ANY resident or business in the Commonwealth all have to pay Va tax. No matter if it's a good or service. I am willing to bet that's why everyone is paying tax now on their accounts even if their home state does not have an internet tax. Granted the link above deals solely with referring folks from one site to another via links etc. but do you not think that same bill has language to apply to subscriptions for online video games? And where is Mythic now? Fairfax VA.
I dont live in virginia... ill be damned if im gona pay viriginia tax.... sorry not gonna happen... this either gets fixxed or im done. period.

I live in florida (which has no internet sales tax for subscriptions) then i should only pay the florida sales tax where applicable by law. Since they have none I shouldnt be paying any taxes.

I dont give a rats patootey about where Mythic is headquartered.... there was no mention of this anywhere in the notes about this account migration craptastathon.

Mark my words... no taxation or I quit.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Many states have "Use taxes" as well - If you buy something out of state in a state that doesn't tax the item, you have to pay YOUR OWN STATE'S SALES TAX on it, as part of your state income tax.

And, MalagAste, I've done business with an anime retailer based in IA. When looking at their taxes (yes, I had to pay KY sales tax buying from a place in IA), I noted that there were several counties and municipalities that DO have their own taxes for transactions (either sales taxes or internet taxes) in IA, and it's possible that even if you're not in one, that Vertex thinks you are.

I started getting taxed 2 or more years ago, and that answer from Vertex (or whatever tax accountant UO was using at the time) applied to UO even back then (when I went looking for why I was suddenly being taxed). In fact, if anyone is in error, it's their tax service, as when I looked back then, the laws for many states they were applying taxes for should NOT have applied to subscriptions, according to their own page listing the various tax codes. Since then, as someone noted, many states have modified their tax codes to leech off the interstate traffic that are game subscription fees.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Yeah and here is teh response you get when clicking on that question

This is bull... florida does not have a sales tax on internet sales.. If they are collecting it "anyway" i wanna be damn sure its going to Florida and not some corporate executives pockets...

We may be video game players but we are not stupid by any means.

By some >measures< ... *ahem*

Oi! just a sec ... I WAS trying to get the "official" in house description FROM EA's knowledge*snickers*base ...

>I have quoted from it< before ... and I believe I also quoted that sometime >this year< in response to a similar question ...

since the local search engine thinks "tax" is too short to bother with and "taxes" only leads back to here ...

You are more than welcome to backread my post history to find "it", you need only go back to may of 08 ...
the First set of replies about which states at what rates is >beyond< the great backup collapse of '08

There(earlier) I remember posting a LIST.

point being: NOT a new thang for accounting to charge taxes ...
not new this year
last year
the year before (thats three years back, counts ... yes! 3 years back)

I also seem to recall, vaguely ... that Illinois was at the top of high percentage rates ...
So, don't sue me for guessing ... okay?

Bing!
http://vboards.stratics.com/stratics-off-topic/242970-ea-sales-tax.html#post1964931
Ding! ding! ding!
http://vboards.stratics.com/uhall/5...ged-sales-tax-my-subscription.html#post417233

:danceb:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Many states have "Use taxes" as well - If you buy something out of state in a state that doesn't tax the item, you have to pay YOUR OWN STATE'S SALES TAX on it, as part of your state income tax.

And, MalagAste, I've done business with an anime retailer based in IA. When looking at their taxes (yes, I had to pay KY sales tax buying from a place in IA), I noted that there were several counties and municipalities that DO have their own taxes for transactions (either sales taxes or internet taxes) in IA, and it's possible that even if you're not in one, that Vertex thinks you are.

I started getting taxed 2 or more years ago, and that answer from Vertex (or whatever tax accountant UO was using at the time) applied to UO even back then (when I went looking for why I was suddenly being taxed). In fact, if anyone is in error, it's their tax service, as when I looked back then, the laws for many states they were applying taxes for should NOT have applied to subscriptions, according to their own page listing the various tax codes. Since then, as someone noted, many states have modified their tax codes to leech off the interstate traffic that are game subscription fees.
There are weird laws in Iowa regarding the taxing of things but it mostly applies to things bought in Iowa... over the internet.

I have NEVER before paid taxes for UO. Not in all the 10+ years that I've played UO. I don't usually have to pay taxes on anything I buy on the internet.

And I recall last year there was a vote that did not pass about taxing internet service as I was somewhat concerned about getting taxed.... but it didn't pass... the wording though in the current law is very odd and depending on where you look it has conflicting rules.

BahamaMama

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
http://www.streamlinedsalestax.org/...homa/2011/Oklahoma Taxability Matrix 2011.pdf

:thumbsup: for all y'all okies ...

For the rest of interest ... The "Matrix" master list is here

Found from a link found "over there" *pinwheels arms* err ... My link above ... @ Ding! ding! ding!
Why am I being charged sales tax on my subscription? #30

:danceb: The matrix is looking for you ...
On the Matrix map chart at the bottom... what does Advisory States - Not Conforming mean?

My state is the same color as VA... orange. But my state isn't on the list of taxed states, but I am now being charged tax.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I live in the UK and as my earlier post shows my Tax is meant to be inclusive!

if you add the tax with conversion rates it works out at 18ish$ per month!!

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Understanding SST State Sourcing Rules

Sales tax on retail sales is determined by whether the seller is located in an origin or destination-based state. In an origin-based state such as Illinois, the buyer would pay the sales tax rate of the city in which the seller is located. In Washington, a destination-based state, buyer would pay the sales tax rate of the city in which they reside.

How many states have passed legislation conforming to the Agreement?
To date, twenty-four of the forty-four states have passed the conforming legislation. Those states have a total population of 92,781,860 representing 33% of the country’s population. The following states that have passed legislation to conform to the Streamlined Sale and Use Tax Agreement: Arkansas, Georgia, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Minnesota, Nebraska, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
Recently, conforming legislation was introduced in Texas, Massachusetts, Florida, Illinois, Virginia, Missouri, Maine, California, and Hawaii.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well, supposedly the billing information is the one thing that was not going to transfer over. If you have recurring payment set up on active accounts, then you'll still need to get in there and enter new billing information.

Well, that would surprise me a whole lot. I mean, if there are active accounts for Ultima Online which regularly provide a revenue to the game, I wonder why complicate life to currently active subscribers by having them have to enter all data anew while the data could have simply been copied and pasted to the new database with much more ease of trouble for subscribers ?

I do not understand it.

J

jrennodell

Hmm never paid any taxes online..
and I just checked mine through reactivating, it shows zero tax for me =)

LordGenesis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Ok maybe i did not make this clear enough for you to comprehend. I live in florida we have no state income tax or internet sales tax for out of state purchases period.

According to the links you have so graciously provided me... here is the list of states that require the sales tax to be collected...

United States

Arizona - 8.10%
Connecticut - 1.00%
District of Columbia - 5.75%
Hawaii - 4.00%
Indiana - 6.00%
Illinois - 6.25%
Kansas - 7.00%
Kentucky - 6.00%
Louisiana - 8.75%
Massachusetts - 5.00%
Michigan - 6.00%
Minnesota - 6.50%
Nebraska - 6.50%
New York - 8.25%
New Jersey - 7.00%
Pennsylvania - 7.00%
South Carolina - 8.00%
Tennessee - 7.00%
Texas - 8.25%
Utah - 6.60%
Washington - 8.10%
Wisconsin - 5.50%

Im not seeing Florida in there are you?

Im not paying sales tax for a state I DO NOT LIVE IN!!

People in the UK are getting double taxxed now... so CLEARLY there is a problem with the billing system not recognizing the zip codes that they base your sales tax on.

14 YEARS of billing and looking through my statements for the last 5 years... They have never collected sales tax for me living in florida.... so YES this is a new thing to me and no im not happy with it at all.

U

unified

14 YEARS of billing and looking through my statements for the last 5 years... They have never collected sales tax for me living in florida.... so YES this is a new thing to me and no im not happy with it at all.
You should contact your State Comptroller/Treasurer for more insight on this matter. I am sure they would like to know if taxes are being collected on their behalf and they are not receiving it, or if taxes are being otherwise improperly charged. :scholar:

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This I take issue with, because in the UK we were already paying more per month than in the US.
Looks like the billing hamster screwed up again. I hope it gets fixed. Ideally correcting the last mistake at the same time :) But if we're really stuffed they'll be applying 20% VAT to us Brits on top of the previous tax hike, which is quite an increase.

Fingers and toes crossed at this end.

Wenchy

A

Aboo

Ok maybe i did not make this clear enough for you to comprehend. I live in florida we have no state income tax or internet sales tax for out of state purchases period.

According to the links you have so graciously provided me... here is the list of states that require the sales tax to be collected...

United States

Arizona - 8.10%
Connecticut - 1.00%
Hawaii - 4.00%
Indiana - 6.00%
Illinois - 6.25%
Kansas - 7.00%
Kentucky - 6.00%
Louisiana - 8.75%
Massachusetts - 5.00%
Michigan - 6.00%
Minnesota - 6.50%
Nebraska - 6.50%
New York - 8.25%
New Jersey - 7.00%
Pennsylvania - 7.00%
South Carolina - 8.00%
Tennessee - 7.00%
Texas - 8.25%
Utah - 6.60%
Washington - 8.10%
Wisconsin - 5.50%

People in the UK are getting double taxxed now... so CLEARLY there is a problem with the billing system not recognizing the zip codes that they base your sales tax on.

It doesn't show Oklahoma either but we are now being charged tax.

I am still looking through the Taxability Matrix that Fayled Dhreams posted for Oklahoma. As is usual for the government, it's hard to make heads or tails from it. It would help to know what our subscriptions are considered.

However, according to your post from EA, since Oklahoma is not in the list just as Florida isn't, we shouldn't be charged tax but we are.

LordGenesis

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
It doesn't show Oklahoma either but we are now being charged tax.

I am still looking through the Taxability Matrix that Fayled Dhreams posted for Oklahoma. As is usual for the government, it's hard to make heads or tails from it. It would help to know what our subscriptions are considered.

However, according to your post from EA, since Oklahoma is not in the list just as Florida isn't, we shouldn't be charged tax but we are.
I know its getting ridiculous, more and more people are finding out they are getting taxxed without any notification of such changes.

In the UK they are getting unfairly taxxed as well, they pay a VAT which is included in their subscription and then are taxxed on top of that. I dont care who interprets what, Virginia does not have a right to tax someone in the UK.

I have a feeling EA will be facing another class action lawsuit after this fiasco.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So my monthly billing ran out last night; after the nightmare that was registering with both the EA and Mythic systems (finding out all my usual user names are already taken, connecting accounts failing etc) I too see that I'm being charged an extra £1.66 even though the "£9.99* Ultima Online: 1 Month Subscription" says "* inclusive of VAT"... so yes, I'm now being charged tax in America as well as in the UK, even though the servers are UK based and the EA page is only acting as a forced intermediary on behalf of Mythic.

I have not, at this point, renewed even though there was an EM event I was interested in tonight. It's just the final insult; I don't want to have enforced identities or game marketing applied to me where ever I go on the internet, and I certainly am not going to be nickle and dimed like this. I'm sorry, but this needs clarifying, because right now the only urge I have to resub is to pack up and shut down my account.

Lord Raven

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I live in Va and pay accounts on a monthly basis. For some time, when I would enter CC info, I would get a message about VA being a state that requires tax on the purchase, but then the tax would be $0.00.

After implementing the new billing system, the tax was computed and added onto the purchase so I'm not suprised it finally kicked in.

I don't know anything about the laws in other states and countries and how it applies, but from my own personal experience running a business I know that states can be "grabby" with their tax laws.

Rather than complain to EA, or these forums I would suggest taking up the matter with your own state treasurers office first and see what your specific state laws say about the matter. Then when you contact EA, you'll have some facts to back up your complaint.

Some folks have been taxed all along, I've been lucky there but it wouldn't suprise me if states are cracking down on these types of revenues and EA might be employing a "better safe than sorry" methodology when applying taxes to accounts.

If you use a professional tax service to prepare your state taxes and you have a good ongoing relationship with them, it might be less of a hassle to just call them and ask about how sales taxes are applied to Internet purchases in your state.

Finances are a very serious issue and if people can not trust EA's billing practices, then they are going to loose a lot of customers. I can say that for now, out of fears of being double-billed I am not renewing any of my accounts until I see positive results in fixing this mess. I simply can't afford double fees, and possible overdraft charges just to play a game.

Best of luck to everyone.

Ludes

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

United States

Arizona - 8.10%
Connecticut - 1.00%
Hawaii - 4.00%
Indiana - 6.00%
Illinois - 6.25%
Kansas - 7.00%
Kentucky - 6.00%
Louisiana - 8.75%
Massachusetts - 5.00%
Michigan - 6.00%
Minnesota - 6.50%
Nebraska - 6.50%
New York - 8.25%
New Jersey - 7.00%
Pennsylvania - 7.00%
South Carolina - 8.00%
Tennessee - 7.00%
Texas - 8.25%
Utah - 6.60%
Washington - 8.10%
Wisconsin - 5.50%

Colorado is NOT on the list but we are getting charged this tax as well..

I think it's only a buck and change, so what?
Yeah Yeah I know people will say it's the principle of the thing.
But you can't get around taxes and it's only a buck.