• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) NOT in MY Name---

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Citizens of Sosaria, hear now the words of Lord Ahasuerus, Member of ELV and Duke of Vesper.

I am one of a group of friends distibuted throughout Sosaria and throughout its cities. Indeed within our ranks are Ducal representatives of every city in the land. Our most prominent member is Lord Sparrow who is the most active and informs each of us of any current affairs of which we might like to be aware.

Most of us are members of the ELV guild and live quietly but each and all of us have and will respond to actions of concern to us. My last public actions were as part of the ELV team that successfully won the Inter-Shard Treasure Hunt and brought the trophy for a while to Europa.

As I am a Duke of Vesper, Lord Sparrow advised me of a part of last nights Council meeting which he felt would be of concern to me AND HE WAS RIGHT.

It would seem our elected 'Governor' feels it is within her province to annex the independant City of Cove, alleging that such annexation would be to their benifit and would promote growth and wealth. As far as I am concerned the growth and wealth of Cove is a matter for Covians themselves and is of no concern to Vesper. It is sad that the Baronetcy of Cove no longer rules and consequently there is no military force to repel aggression, for make no mistake this is aggression in its most naked and repellent form. I wonder whether the Vesperian governor would have contemplated annexing Cove were the Barons' forces still in place. It occurs to me that IF the governor wishes to increase the size of Vesper perhaps she should consider annexing the Orc Fort just outside Cove. Now that would be of benefit to both the realm and Cove particularly. But I suspect not, the Orcs possess the means to resist,

Years ago I and my friends fought for many weeks, shoulder to shoulder with the Covians, when Cove was invaded and we fought until the invaders were finally defeated and expelled. I tell you now that I am prepared to do the same should there be any attempt by Vesper's Governor to usurp Covian independance. As a Duke of Vesper I will fight for Cove should conflict ensue.
I understand our King did little to enhance his Kingly reputation by not forbidding this action under pain of death and simply agreed that a ballot should be held giving Covians a right to choose whether they want to become a part of Vesper or no. Knowing Covian attitudes from my past experience and their fierce independance I think a true ballot is a foregone conclusion. However it remains to be seen how this ballot might be carried out and whether the result will be TOTALLY binding on both sides. If it does not and civil war ensues, I will, in company with my fraternity, oppose tyranny to the death. This temporary Vesperian Governor does NOT speak for me.