• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Not gaining Taming skill?

gangelo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
My taming is 36.2, and my animal lore is 74.9. I'm taming Polar Bears, and my animal lore has been rising quickly, but my taming like raises .1 or .2 every power hour, is this normal? At this speed, I'll GM in 10 years.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do you fail alot of your taming attempts? that could be the reason why your animal lore is rising so fast and not your taming
Polar bears should be a bit high for your taming lvl

I did my training from 30-50+ at moonglow taming small animals horses boars hinds black bears
After that i went and tamed polar bears to 80+
Then bulls to 100+

I also thought it was much harder to get from 30 to 55 than from 55 to 85 so just keep on taming

And power hour does not exist anymore

Now we have GGS the first tame of the day you will always gain on no matter what skill lvl you are at

gangelo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Do you fail alot of your taming attempts? that could be the reason why your animal lore is rising so fast and not your taming
Polar bears should be a bit high for your taming lvl

I did my training from 30-50+ at moonglow taming small animals horses boars hinds black bears
After that i went and tamed polar bears to 80+
Then bulls to 100+

I also thought it was much harder to get from 30 to 55 than from 55 to 85 so just keep on taming

And power hour does not exist anymore

Now we have GGS the first tame of the day you will always gain on no matter what skill lvl you are at
Thank you for your reply. I do fail A LOT. What is GGS? I've been away for over 14 years :S

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guaratee Gain System = Every day you get 1 gain for free so if you start of by taming you will always gain on your first tame of the day it is very handy when you get up there past 110 in taming because after that it get realy difficult to get any gains at all

I Think i went from 110 -120 on only my daily gains

gangelo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Guaratee Gain System = Every day you get 1 gain for free so if you start of by taming you will always gain on your first tame of the day it is very handy when you get up there past 110 in taming because after that it get realy difficult to get any gains at all

I Think i went from 110 -120 on only my daily gains
Good grief I remember when it took me forever to GM my tamer/mage back in the late 90's 2000. Anyhow, I went to moonglow like you said, and I went from 36.2 to 40.1 in like 2 hours. :) Ty.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good grief I remember when it took me forever to GM my tamer/mage back in the late 90's 2000. Anyhow, I went to moonglow like you said, and I went from 36.2 to 40.1 in like 2 hours. :) Ty.

Good times in that sens not all that much have changed over the years taming is still one of the hardest skills to train in game

Power scrolls are also a new thing that you may not know about

There are 4 different power scrolls 105, 110, 115 and 120 they come from doing champion spawns in felluca what they do is they raise the skill cap of the skill on the powerscroll
So a 115 taming powerscroll raise the skill cap in taming to 115 everybody is at 100 cap to start with

Champion spawns are some of the harder content in game so you probably need to be fully trained and have a good suit and good pets to be able to do them and even so you probably will not be able to do them alone but they are very popular and people have done them for years so there are plenty of people selling powerscrolls on vendors

It is probably easier to hunt for gold and then buy the scrolls you need than to actually go get them yourself (it is random what skill and number you get so if you are looking for a 120 taming you might have to do 1000 spawns to get one)

I have not played all that much the last couple of years and for the last 3 years done almost no trading at all but i can give you the numbers these scrolls use to sell for

Taming 120 3-4 m
taming 115 300-400 k
taming 110 30-40 k
taming 105 do not remember

these numbers are probably outdated but it give you an idea of what people might ask for these scrolls

Also you do not need to use all the powerscrolls if you start with a 120 taming scroll your taming cap is at 120 =max so buy what you can afford and then uppgrade along the way

Last edited: