• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

not another newbie!!!

J

jarzium

but here i am!

i must say, years of playing WoW, LOTRO, WAR and Guildwars didn't prepare me for Ultima Online. I started the game yesterday after reading a guide to being a tavernkeeper (and i'll make that my ultimate goal!), and i'm wowed by the almost limitless possibilities. and the best thing (to me) is that there's no pressure to level up! i find that such a relief for a mmorpg.

on the flip side, i must say that the game is not very newbie-friendly. took a lot of trial and error to figure out just the basic controls. and the graphic is rather underwhelming. i'm glad that most players i met yesterday were very friendly and generous with their items (big shout out to emerald lady for all your lovely loots!).

i'll probably create a few more characters before i decide what i want to stick with. i've read most of the guides here (except for the ones that include numbers and maths), but do let me know if there's any tips i should know about the game! thanks, and i'll see you guys around!

Lady Aalia

Atlantic's Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to UO :)

Glad you are having fun and yes UO has no limit....here comes the fisherman tamer samurai :thumbsup:

if you need anything or have any questions feel free to shout :)

J

jarzium

thanks Avenhar! i just tried rolling a mage-type character, but she is too fragile! i decided to go with my paladin, who is making good progress.

E

Escobar_TDT

but do let me know if there's any tips i should know about the game! thanks, and i'll see you guys around!

Always have a steady amout of gold in your bank for insurance purposes. Insure your items (and always have Auto-Reinsure on). All other valuables should be placed in your bank. You are only allowed one house per account so you can also place your belongings there. Be cautious with the type of people you talk to, as there are many scammers who would gladly take advantage of a newbie. Do not go through red moongates. Stay in Trammel until you feel comfortable venturing out on your own. Have fun!

S

SLACK

Don't be afraid to ask for help and/or beg!
When I first created a char on this shard I spammed for newbie help at Luna bank and was quickly awarded with a 100% LRC suit, a decent weapon and a check for 1 million gold!
Can't ask for a better welcome than that! :thumbsup:
This is a prety cool shard and is pretty busy.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thanks Avenhar! i just tried rolling a mage-type character, but she is too fragile! i decided to go with my paladin, who is making good progress.
Paladin type setup and character is a nice way to learn the ropes of this complicated game, not to mention a good way of learning what to train on and where. The other templates will come in good time.

Not to mention, a starting paladin character is cheap and easy to maintain. With that, welcome to Atlantic.

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome! =) Don't let Slack fool ya that's how he got started on every shard. ;)

T

Tay M'real

but here i am!

i must say, years of playing WoW, LOTRO, WAR and Guildwars didn't prepare me for Ultima Online. I started the game yesterday after reading a guide to being a tavernkeeper (and i'll make that my ultimate goal!), and i'm wowed by the almost limitless possibilities. and the best thing (to me) is that there's no pressure to level up! i find that such a relief for a mmorpg.

on the flip side, i must say that the game is not very newbie-friendly. took a lot of trial and error to figure out just the basic controls. and the graphic is rather underwhelming. i'm glad that most players i met yesterday were very friendly and generous with their items (big shout out to emerald lady for all your lovely loots!).

i'll probably create a few more characters before i decide what i want to stick with. i've read most of the guides here (except for the ones that include numbers and maths), but do let me know if there's any tips i should know about the game! thanks, and i'll see you guys around!

always glad to welcome new players.

If you see me around - say hello.

If you're a roleplayer - you might want to check out the ARPC:

http://www.atlanticcommunityboard.com/forum/portal.php

J

jarzium

Don't be afraid to ask for help and/or beg!
When I first created a char on this shard I spammed for newbie help at Luna bank and was quickly awarded with a 100% LRC suit, a decent weapon and a check for 1 million gold!
Can't ask for a better welcome than that! :thumbsup:
This is a prety cool shard and is pretty busy.
oh! thanks for the advice! by the way, what's your character name in the game...? a check for 1 million gold might come in handy for me.... :D just kidding!!!

J

jarzium

is there any item or spell i can learn that can bring me back to a town? like a hearthstone? i'm stuck somewhere (after learning that i'm not fit enough to kill a wyvern) and i've ran out of tithing points and health potions.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You'll need to invest in a runebook and recall scrolls to charge it which can be found on player vendors. Mages can mark you runes to most locations such as towns, etc. Then you can simply recall to your different marked locations.

I have a feeling you are gonna get a spam of help before I have time, but if you still don't have the above by tonight, PM me with your ICQ and I'll get you a runebook, recalls and mark you some runes to a few towns and such to get started.

Welcome to Atlantic!

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you need runebooks, give me a PM.
I'll get you setup with what you need.

J

jarzium

LadyKeroOfAtl: Thanks! I'll be sending you a PM when i get home.

Assia: If i could, i have tons of questions to ask as well. i don't want to bombard the thread with my questions.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LadyKeroOfAtl: Thanks! I'll be sending you a PM when i get home.

Assia: If i could, i have tons of questions to ask as well. i don't want to bombard the thread with my questions.

Of course. Feel free to drop me an ICQ 465-972-004. I'll be happy to help you out. *smiles*