• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

not able to stay logged in on Official Forums

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
$10 it's their integration with vanilla that's not been touched since launch and broke :popcorn:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
According to Pawain, since he doesn't have an issue on one of his devices (after doing something other than "sign in") you are doing something wrong. Go download the 4th or 5th option of internet browser while taking down your firewall and keep the lights off in your room and you should have no problem logging in.... oh and don't forget to walk around your chair 3 times... counterclockwise...rookie. Nothing to see here folks. :D

Seriously though... based on my experience (and Vic/Pawain) it seems like if you click around on the preference/create thread pages (which don't seem to kick you out) it eventually tricks the website into keeping you logged in. That's as good as I got.

You would think that the someone would see it as an issue that multiple users need to download a totally new browser or change their firewall settings to stay logged in... that's not how websites should work.

UPDATE - Kyronix has confirmed there is an issue (seemingly with cookies "mainly effecting Chrome") and the team is looking into it but sounds like it might be on Google or Vanilla to make some sort of fix.

View attachment 140043
So it is not the UO admins fault. What a shocking revelation. ---For some of you.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So it is not the UO admins fault. What a shocking revelation. ---For some of you.
I think you misinterpreted what Kyronix wrote and thus are a little quick to jump to conclusions. He didn't say "this is a Google problem, nothing we can do".

What he said was there is not ETA on when Google/Vanilla "will have a fix". That "fix" could be something that is required on UO's end and thus would be "their fault".

What do you think is more probable? That Google had some sort of issue and hasn't fixed it (or still looking to fix it) over a week later and UO is depending on that OR there was some sort of change (by Google) that requires UO website to make an update which may or may not be supported (and they reached out to Google to see what can be done - aka a fix for UO Admins to deploy)?

Either way, I'm glad it's on their radar and they are looking to resolve.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think you misinterpreted what Kyronix wrote and thus are a little quick to jump to conclusions. He didn't say "this is a Google problem, nothing we can do".

What he said was there is not ETA on when Google/Vanilla "will have a fix". That "fix" could be something that is required on UO's end and thus would be "their fault".

What do you think is more probable? That Google had some sort of issue and hasn't fixed it (or still looking to fix it) over a week later and UO is depending on that OR there was some sort of change (by Google) that requires UO website to make an update which may or may not be supported (and they reached out to Google to see what can be done - aka a fix for UO Admins to deploy)?

Either way, I'm glad it's on their radar and they are looking to resolve.
Well a way to prove your theory is to find another Vanilla forum and log into it and see if it works for you, Larisa, and Vic.

If something needs to be done on UOs end, why would it not have automatically been done by Vanilla? Like every other site does whn Chrome gets a new version.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Well a way to prove your theory is to find another Vanilla forum and log into it and see if it works for you, Larisa, and Vic.

If something needs to be done on UOs end, why would it not have automatically been done by Vanilla? Like every other site does whn Chrome gets a new version.
Because the developers are inept?? I mean they did let the security certificate expire for second year in a row

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Because the developers are inept?? I mean they did let the security certificate expire for second year in a row
You and Popps make your game yet? He has some great ideas on imbuing and how long it should take to kill stuff. You should go write them down.

Once you make your game that uses fishing poles as weapons and all your other great ideas, UO will not exist because everyone will be playing your game.

Their website does not make money. Does it matter if the forum is down for a weekend? How much did that cost EA?
You know what I would tell you if you expect me to work weekends also?

Like I said, when was the last time the game been down for an hour?

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So I bit the bullet and wiped my cache out "from the beginning of time" in Chrome seems to be working now. if it corrupts Again until they find a fix, I'll just do it again. Note: I wiped out everything and had to sign in to everything (not much) i keep logged in.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

I don't really care enough to make the effort to see if they are at fault because if I'm right, what do I win for that effort? It's not like that fixes anything. Ultimately, I don't really care that much about being logged into the forums. There aren't many people like you that eat/breath/sleep UO and feel the need to comment on every single thing (right or wrong - you don't care as long as you get your post count up). In fact, UO is getting less and less of my time because I'm bored with the same ol' day to day of it so it doesn't take much for me to do something else.

This morning I went to log in and check on my plants and maybe put a few more things on my vendor to sell; logged in with the wrong char so I tried to relog my other char (waited 5 seconds to timeout) but I still got the timeout message so I just decided to skip it. I went to log into the forum after being logged out automatically and couldn't log in after trying twice to click around a few times so I just didn't log in there either and just carried on with my day.

So I bit the bullet and wiped my cache out "from the beginning of time" in Chrome seems to be working now. if it corrupts Again until they find a fix, I'll just do it again. Note: I wiped out everything and had to sign in to everything (not much) i keep logged in.
Just an FYI that after I came back to log in maybe 20min it only took me signing in for a second time for it to stick. It seems kind of random with how many attempts it takes. Maybe clearing your cache and deleting all cookies does fix things or maybe it was a random successful log in. Looking forward to seeing if you can log right in tomorrow.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I don't really care enough to make the effort to see if they are at fault because if I'm right, what do I win for that effort? It's not like that fixes anything. Ultimately, I don't really care that much about being logged into the forums. There aren't many people like you that eat/breath/sleep UO and feel the need to comment on every single thing (right or wrong - you don't care as long as you get your post count up). In fact, UO is getting less and less of my time because I'm bored with the same ol' day to day of it so it doesn't take much for me to do something else.

This morning I went to log in and check on my plants and maybe put a few more things on my vendor to sell; logged in with the wrong char so I tried to relog my other char (waited 5 seconds to timeout) but I still got the timeout message so I just decided to skip it. I went to log into the forum after being logged out automatically and couldn't log in after trying twice to click around a few times so I just didn't log in there either and just carried on with my day.

Just an FYI that after I came back to log in maybe 20min it only took me signing in for a second time for it to stick. It seems kind of random with how many attempts it takes. Maybe clearing your cache and deleting all cookies does fix things or maybe it was a random successful log in. Looking forward to seeing if you can log right in tomorrow.
So far, it is successful, i tried that yesterday and was naturally logged out this afternoon (right as i posted the above) and i logged right in and stayed. but, i am sure it will corrupt again. we will see though.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So the developers are responsible for keeping your PC maintained?
I'd lol at paddy cakes but everyone else is already
Ya Laugh it up since it is not the developers fault.

:lol: :dunce:

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Makes sense because I have no inclination to figure out how to clear the cache on my phone.

It just had to re log on and it failed so I did again and clicked the new discussion bubble and went to home and I am on.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've already told you it all its fake news !
Its the Russians trying to hack your accounts so they can sell your stuff on ebay to buy the armor we left in Afghanistan !

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Makes sense because I have no inclination to figure out how to clear the cache on my phone.
Settings
Privacy and security
Clear browsing data

Though I still can't figure out why anyone wants to participate on that forum when we have a perfectly good working forum here. One the isn't so... Vanilla.

Scott1234

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
letting the cert expire on UO.com has happened more than once in the past few years.
Gotta wonder if somebody has set a calendar reminder to renew, for at least a week before it next expires? …

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gotta wonder if somebody has set a calendar reminder to renew, for at least a week before it next expires? …
The current certificate was issued in december last year, over a month before the old expired. Only nobody installed it for some 5 weeks. It was more important to delete memorials I guess.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
So the developers are responsible for keeping your PC maintained?
I know your reading comprehension is extremely weak so I will reiterate what everyone else has already said multiple times. My PC is maintained and is currently running all the most up to date windows/chrome etc. The fact that you need to log in twice yourself (from your phone) is proof that things aren't working as they should be... give it a break dude.

The issue lies between UO Admin and Google/Vanilla. I'm not saying the fault is 100% UO but it's definitely not 0%.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I guess today is my day not being able to be logged in. I tried a couple of times to do the random clicking of different buttons and links but it won't stay logged in (both machines).

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I guess today is my day not being able to be logged in. I tried a couple of times to do the random clicking of different buttons and links but it won't stay logged in (both machines).
Again clearly it's your fault and in no way could UO EA broadsword or the developers be at fault

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
just going to ask, did you try the cookie/cache wipe? it seems to help me. i am currently logged in again.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I cleared my cache last week when having the issue but I still had to do a dance to get logged in. At this point I don't really care enough keep clearing cache/cookies/browsing history/installing browsers/deleting browsers/etc... especially when a simple interim fix from the UO Admin would to be just stop the automatic logout after 24 hours (like stratics). That way when people actually can log in on X machine they are logged in for a while instead of being booted the next day and required to do some sort of rain dance to get back in.

At this point, I'm pretty sure the window for making pub 115 suggestions has closed so the only thing I'm missing out on is some popps thread where he's asking to re-invent the game based on his playstyle. I'll check back every couple days to see if I can stay logged in but won't put much more energy into trying to figure out their issue.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah I lasted almost 2 days this time but now I'm broken again :/

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
I didn't even purge or clear cookies or anything! It just started working....ARGH!

And you can always bug me in game....I'll throw things at you from across the street ;)

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Glad I just don't care... I only read stuff there I never post so no need to even log in.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I figured out it's something to do with my ad blocker. i turn it off and it logs right in and stays. not like there are ads all over the page so i'll pause it on that site.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I figured out it's something to do with my ad blocker. i turn it off and it logs right in and stays. not like there are ads all over the page so i'll pause it on that site.
Are you sure it's not just randomly working again? lol

I have ads that popup here on stratics that started a while back so I doubt my popup blocker is limiting my logging in to the forums.
1675807644712.png

I was able to stay logged in today but it's the first time in almost a week... guess I will find out tomorrow if it was dumb luck or not.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
or you could help support Stratics and go Pro no ad blocker needed ;)

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are you sure it's not just randomly working again? lol

I have ads that popup here on stratics that started a while back so I doubt my popup blocker is limiting my logging in to the forums.
View attachment 140312

I was able to stay logged in today but it's the first time in almost a week... guess I will find out tomorrow if it was dumb luck or not.
i'm pretty sure. i tried logging in and none of the tricks worked. i suspended the ad blocker and then simply refreshed the page and was signed in without actually signing in. have done it twice now. I am mystified as well, not sure how an ad blocker would do it but it appears to be.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I can no longer log onto the official forums to comment either. It seems like it logs me out after one or two clicks. The 'fix-it' tricks not working for me. What an absolute mess.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
1) Code system still isn't fixed for the most popular codes
2) Auction safe nightmare affecting many traders with no explanation after most recent patch

3) Official forum glitch causing many to not be able to stay logged in long enough to post
4) Bare minimum communication on all issues

Over the years, I have definitely been a 'glass half full' type of guy and generally have made efforts to represent a more positive disposition of finding the silver lining in this UO world of ours. Not a secret that I have leaned more toward the 'fan boy' / 'cheerleader' camp and would slap down some of the more absurd complaints made against the developers and defend them on the forums.. but this is the worst it's ever been. How is New Legacy taking up so much bandwidth that these issues are allowed to persist for more than two or three business days? I'm simply dumbfounded.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
2) Auction safe nightmare affecting many traders with no explanation after most recent patch

3) Official forum glitch causing many to not be able to stay logged in long enough to post

Over the years, I have definitely been a 'glass half full' type of guy and generally have made efforts to represent a more positive disposition of finding the silver lining in this UO world of ours. Not a secret that I have leaned more toward the 'fan boy' / 'cheerleader' camp and would slap down some of the more absurd complaints made against the developers and defend them on the forums.. but this is the worst it's ever been. How is New Legacy taking up so much bandwidth that these issues are allowed to persist for more than two or three business days? I'm simply dumbfounded.
None of these things affect most daily UO players. If this is the worst, they are doing rather well.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Not surprising that this is your feedback considering what you've posted on the thread about the auction safes. Talk about being out of touch.
Sorry I feel the work around to not pay a fee to sell items is not a good thing. Especially when things over 175M are usually what are on auction safes.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Sorry I feel the work around to not pay a fee to sell items is not a good thing. Especially when things over 175M are usually what are on auction safes.
Tell us you know nothing about what the problem is without telling us you know nothing about what the problem is.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tell us you know nothing about what the problem is without telling us you know nothing about what the problem is.
True statement. I chimed in when I saw the rich are not paying taxes like the poor players using commission vendors have to.

You can email Misk and tell him how to fix it. :lol:

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its the chlorine im sure of it o_O

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
its the chlorine im sure of it o_O

The old Auction house we went to once a month on Thursday night in the 70s. Has a new name the burger place is also still there. 25 cent burgers then. Kids played kick the can and stuff outside.

1675999043901.png

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
id go to both places :)

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Mesanna has successfully adjusted the bar to be pretty low for the Dev team who don't seem to actually be held accountable to any sort or production metrics aside from possibly "release 2 publishes a year". The last publish was October (114) and in those 3ish months they only managed to release 1 bug fix in Pub 115?

1676026771609.png

Unfortunately I think NL is just a scapegoat for them not producing as much over the past 3 years and even if it does ever get released; given the lack of creativity shown in the past 4-5 years (a lot of rinse and repeat content) I think it's just going to be the same thing recycled every "season". So essentially they will spend 4+ years to develop something that will be new for a season and then just repeat it.