• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Noob Template Q

kronides

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Forgive my ignorance of melee and I looked around but I didn't see an answer to this specific question: I understand that Bushido makes more than 80 or so in Parry unnecessary, but on a no-bush dexer, it's better to have Parry as high as possible, yes? Specifically, is it worth it that I go over GM and invest in a Parry scroll for my chiv macer. This is for PVM.

EcuaKing

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
What I know is if you use a shield get parry as high as possible if you use two handed wep get bushido and parry because you can block with 2 handed wep hope that helps

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
IF you're a 0 bushido type with 100 parry you will block 30% of melee hits. You'll block 35% with 120 parry.

I don't personally think that the extra 5% is worth it. Against most normally spawning mobs, it just doesn't matter - they generally don't do enough damage in 1 hit to matter, and the battles don't last long enough.

There are a few things that, yes, hit hard, like some of the champs, or doom stuff, or peerless. But melee only mohs are easy. The bigger problem comes from stuff that can cast the beejesus out of you.

Most of the reason that I have any parry is the special move mana cost reduction (I am 0 bush too).

I an in vamp form 100% of the time, and almost always am able to chain AIs. My personal record is 22 consecutive swings that land, and 100% were AIs, with a dmg range of 153 - 201. So for me, landing a hit is infinitely more important than parrying a hit.