• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Noob ?s

R

Rustedblayds

I really don't remember the last time I played UO. I do have good memories though.

I've picked up UOKR and have a fwe days left of the free 14day period (silly me...can't upgrade bank capacity or the like >,< )

I restarted on Baehil (sp?) as it had good ping. But rolling again on Pacific.

Anyway....didn't quite find answers to these questions by searching, patience please if there are answers somewhere else, just drop me a link and I'll take it from there if so.

1. I have UOKR, how do I get access to the Elf Race and Mordains. I tried installing Mordains to the same directory but a warning popped up about installing a 2D client in same directory could damage files. Naturally I'd prefer to ask before trying my luck.

2. I can't seem to find house plans or spell circles for 5th circle and above. Is this simply a limitation of the account being in Trial mode?

That should do it for now. Hello all!

R

Rubican

Boy am I gonna get flamed for this...but delte KR and download 2d.

5th circle and above spells are available from player scribes or higher end monsters, not generally sold by NPC's.

Houses are no longer sold in deed form but come from a housing tool sold by npcs.

R

Rustedblayds

Well I do have UO Gold installed in another directory, but have favoured the UOKR client. :)

Also mods, apologies for posting in this forum...feel free to move this over to the Player's Corner.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the trial kr code is only samurai empire, if you do wish to continue playing you will need to update to 9th edition to get all the ML stuff.

also.. the 14 day trials cant place houses anymore.. but instead of deeds to houses we now have a housing tool, it lets you pick from a menu all house sizes.

if you like kr dont listen to people telling you to delete it..

S

Sarphus

Well I do have UO Gold installed in another directory, but have favoured the UOKR client. :)

Also mods, apologies for posting in this forum...feel free to move this over to the Player's Corner.
That's great :)

it's really good to hear returning players that prefer KR

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
R

Rustedblayds

Many thanks all. Yes I just stumbled on that Forum and now have confirmation my click dragging is not my wireless mouse periodically going on the blink!

3 more days of trial before I can take advantage of the upgrades tho...strange I didn't think of looking there for the account/expansion upgrade even though I was looking there earlier for the bank capacity upgrade....wish I was blonde, for then I'd have an excuse.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Boy am I gonna get flamed for this...but delte KR and download 2d.

5th circle and above spells are available from player scribes or higher end monsters, not generally sold by NPC's.

Houses are no longer sold in deed form but come from a housing tool sold by npcs.
I wont flame you. KR is terrible. Wish they would stop trying to turn this game into something it's not(3d). I look at my beautiful 2d screen and I can tell you what every item is. I look at an ugly kr screen and spend a half an hour trying to figure out what 1 item is.

N

Ni-

I look at my beautiful 2d screen and I can tell you what every item is. I look at an ugly kr screen and spend a half an hour trying to figure out what 1 item is.
I'm going to take a wild guess that you have been playing 2D far longer than KR. That is a natural thing to get used to how something looks. Seeing the same thing that looks different seems like it takes longer to figure out, because you already associate it with a different graphic.

A quicker way to tell what something is is to mouse over it or click it. That, generally, takes much less than a half hour. Well, for me it does.