• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NO Thank You WRR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What makes you think someone from WRR paged on them?

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i83/quasarradio204/******.jpg

R

Radun

I can't believe the ROC rule they say he was breaking!
It's absurd that simply saying something in the game (even spamming it) can be construed as 'disrupting the developers ability to service the game'.

It's also absurd that action was taken against the account for disrupting "an event" that was inside of a house where the owner and runner of the event had the complete capability of removing him.

Beefybone

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, GMs are ********. I was personally spamming dumber things than this throughout. lol

But still. Proof that it was WRR who paged and not some random dork?

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone here prove it was a member of WRR that paged on this person?

Since it says in that thread other players were chanting "BAN HIM" maybe one of the players ended up paging and not a member of WRR?

Not that I am trying to defend anyone at WRR I just think you should use your head for something other than a hat rack before making some stupid accusation against another without any type of proof to back it up...

R

Radun

I don't see how it matters who paged.. they had the ability to remove him and didn't.

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see how it matters who paged.. they had the ability to remove him and didn't.
Your point is valid and very true but this matters because this post was completely directed at WRR and an accusation that they did something they should not have. There is however no proof who paged so making a post directed at them and accusing them is pretty ignorant.

A

Amathist of PoC

I wasn't there but have ran many in game events myself and there is nothing worse then trying to get on with things and provide enjoyment for people - something you choose to do with your time your not paid for it. To then have some degenerate harass, spam, cause grief during your event needlessly is just insulting and pathetic.

Seriously if you have no interest in an event DON'T GO...no one makes you but to go and then attempt wreck it for everyone else is just lame and so juvenile.

I applaud who ever paged on you, because if they just banned you from one house, that does not mean you would not do it at some other event or even outside the house (yes this does happen) and frankly it breaks the TOS to verbally harass people and interrupting people having there own fun and an event is doing just that.

You got what you deserved to then come on the forum and whine about your treatment is just hypocritical you did not think of anyone else's so why should they think of yours. In other words go cry me a river and then build yourself a bridge to get over it.

Nylan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good for them, I never though of paging on you.
There was no mistake that you were there just to be a jerk, spamming all M's running all over the room.
I hope you and others will get the idea that disrupting other peoples activities is harassment and will be dealt with.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah.. that guy said a hell of a lot more than just that... they probably could have removed him from the house first but whatever... a temp ban works just as well. You have to realize that not only was he making an ass of himself, he was doing it on a very large projector screen directly behind a group of developers for the game... not much way out of that one.

C

canary

You totally got what you deserve, imo.

You were TRYING to be an annoyance for no reason.

Coming here to complain makes you seem even more like a whiny child.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, GMs are ********. I was personally spamming dumber things than this throughout. lol

But still. Proof that it was WRR who paged and not some random dork?

So you admit to intentionally disrupting the event? Why go out of your way to ruin the fun of others?

A

Amathist of PoC

Yeah.. that guy said a hell of a lot more than just that... they probably could have removed him from the house first but whatever... a temp ban works just as well. You have to realize that not only was he making an ass of himself, he was doing it on a very large projector screen directly behind a group of developers for the game... not much way out of that one.
LOL thats too hilarious ....and shows how intelligent he was ....KARMA IS BEAUTIFUL.:hahaha:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
During an EVENT even one sponsored by players, GM's can will and do ban folk who are disruptive. You can ask them to stop.... you can ban them from the house.... though they often times can somehow come right back in... In private homes using the house sign to ban works really well..... in public homes..... doing the same thing tosses the person out to the house sign and often they simply walk right back in... Same with saying "Remove thyself" I believe the only way to get them OUT and keep them OUT is to say "I ban thee" ... and target them.... but the guy was running around like a crazed chicken with it's head cut off and I was hard pressed to be able to even get his bar so I could put him on my ignore list. So I'm guessing that they were having much the same problem. I finally managed to pull his bar and put him on ignore which left him just looking like an idiot instead of spamming like one.

So if he got banned that's just great by me.... he should have been. It was a public event and he was just being disruptive and ruining things for other players by making it impossible for anyone to be seen or heard. Spamming is NOT legal ingame no matter where you do it....

I often wonder though why the spam filter doesn't block more of that.... I know whenever I try to speak sometimes if I'm saying more than just a line or two it tells me I'm spamming and prevents me from speaking for awhile....

At any rate you reap what you sow... he got his come upance. And he should... and that mark should remain on his account for being disruptive.... have fun with that.... and hopefully he learns his lesson not to act like a 2 year old... cause really are we all 2 now? If you were at some speech or even a public meeting like a real town hall and someone came in screaming and running up and down the the benches do you honestly think he wouldn't be tossed out or tossed in Jail in Real life???? You can bet your sweet patootey he would be sitting in the lockup... or if he was a child his parents would have been told to remove him. That sort of behavior is just downright RUDE and has no place in a civil society whether it be in game or in life.

A

~Antzy~Pantz~

Lol, guess the original poster realized he is getting no sympathy here and didn't bother to post again... I was kinda waiting for another post from him to "try" and defend himself. Thats just funny.

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
again a jerk who complains being treated as a jerk. Don't think he/she or his/her friends is/are old enough to be allowed to drink beer.

regards

D

Devil_Woman

Who is WRR?
Whispering Rose Radio

Yeah, Mal beat me to it, too!

During an EVENT even one sponsored by players, GM's can will and do ban folk who are disruptive. You can ask them to stop.... you can ban them from the house.... though they often times can somehow come right back in... In private homes using the house sign to ban works really well..... in public homes..... doing the same thing tosses the person out to the house sign and often they simply walk right back in... Same with saying "Remove thyself" I believe the only way to get them OUT and keep them OUT is to say "I ban thee" ... and target them.... but the guy was running around like a crazed chicken with it's head cut off and I was hard pressed to be able to even get his bar so I could put him on my ignore list. So I'm guessing that they were having much the same problem.
I think that may have been exactly what happened. I know at one time he was suddenly outside the house. I thought at first he'd gotten tired of being an ass and was leaving, but instead I saw him come back up the stairs and back into the room. When he came back he was mounted instead of on foot making him move faster and be even harder to target.

And that email he posted does not say he was banned, only that his account was flagged.

G

galefan2004

If you were banned its not a loss and hopefully it was permanant.

Judging from your "constructive" criticism you have spammed stratics with for at least the last month you really need to quit UO and move on already.

Being asked to leave or stop doing something and continuing to follow someone around doing the same thing is called HARRASSMENT. If you were verbally/physically harrassing someone then you deserved the ban. Enjoy your ban.

Stop blaming the victim for the stupidity of the perp. If there would have been no harrassment then there would have been no page. If there had been no page then there would have been no ban, but it still all starts at beer doing what he was doing in the first place.

E

Eslake

I doubt anyone from WRR paged, they were a bit busy trying to get the mic and passing questions allong from others from WRR and stratics.

As to banning him from the house, he was running around in the middle of 40+ other characters and being invised every few seconds. Good luck with that. :p

You won't get any sympathy here. You wanted to disrupt an event to get attention, you got attention. ;) Maybe not the kind of attention you were looking for but you got what you deserved.

T

Tovladian Soltyr

My personal belief in the matter is that if you go to a player run event and start causing trouble or make it harder for them to carry on with THEIR TIME in game then you deserve any punishment that is given to you....

Weather it be you being banned from the house the event is being held in (If a house is involved) or have action taken against your account from a GM should someone page on you.

For example on the day of October 21st, 2006 my crew and I on the Legends shard were operating an auction and people decided the auction just wasn't exciting enough and started throwing Greater Conflagration in the auction area making it impossible to set/pickup items to be displayed. We banned a few people that we though the Pots were coming from, unforchantly though they still continued. So after about 20 Minutes of this we decided enough was enough and did a Harrassment page. After a few minutes Lighting started striking all over the roof of the auction house and GM Wolf appeared behind the bar in the auction area of the Auction House and gave a simple warning "I'm going to start checking backpacks one by one in 2 Minutes and if you have ANY kind of Conflagration Potions on you of any kind you will be put in Jail then issued a 72 Hour Suspension and a Mark will be placed against your account. So if you got them...you better leave now." Well needless to say about 10 people most all from the same guild scattered like roaches to a flipped lightswitch in a dark room.

I personally think if your enjoyment of the game is to harass people that work hard to bring events to the community then you should be banned from the game perminately and somehow made to where you can never play in other games either cause obviously your not the type of person that is good for any community.

D

D'Amavir

Agreed to the agreement. Sadly, I imagine it was just a temporary ban. People like that should be given no warnings and no temporary bans. It should be instant and permanent. Certain people just don't have the maturity to be involved with a game that causes them to come in contact with other people.

Those same people should be banned from forums where the do nothing but toss out digs and go out of their way to do nothing but stir up trouble and attempt to annoy people.

There are cases where people that are paged on should get warnings or even just temporary bans. But, in situations like this, its quite clear what the intent was and a permanent ban should have followed.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what I read someone was in the WRR house spamming something?

Instead of paging, a simple "remove thyself" or "I ban thee" could've worked as well. Can't remember which it is for a public house.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wasn't there but have ran many in game events myself and there is nothing worse then trying to get on with things and provide enjoyment for people - something you choose to do with your time your not paid for it. To then have some degenerate harass, spam, cause grief during your event needlessly is just insulting and pathetic.

Seriously if you have no interest in an event DON'T GO...no one makes you but to go and then attempt wreck it for everyone else is just lame and so juvenile.

I applaud who ever paged on you, because if they just banned you from one house, that does not mean you would not do it at some other event or even outside the house (yes this does happen) and frankly it breaks the TOS to verbally harass people and interrupting people having there own fun and an event is doing just that.

You got what you deserved to then come on the forum and whine about your treatment is just hypocritical you did not think of anyone else's so why should they think of yours. In other words go cry me a river and then build yourself a bridge to get over it.

okay #1 IT WAS NOT ME, IF IT WAS ME I WOULD HAVE SAID IT WAS

i just want to clear that up. all of you always make the dumbest assumptions.

#2 the real problem was that the owners of the house refused to remove him

they kept asking Jeremy to take a question from the in-game house but Jeremy said it was too much of a mess to read and she asked them multiple times to pick questions to ask. they did take a few questions from the game to ask at the meeting but not very many. mostly the DJ's just asked their own personal questions about stupid things like vet rewards which they already announced are coming in the publish and dyeing pets which Jeremy has said before will never happen.

also, apparently there is going to be a new 2D client penned as the Stygian Abyss client. they were very vague about this. they said the 2D window will never be expanded beyond 800x600 to show the full 18x18 update range because apparently it is too hard to do.

there was a vague discussion about using OCR scripts to sort bod books. Jeremy seemed to act like it wasn't a big deal if people used these and blamed the players for not telling them how to design it. she said they are not interested in allowing any new UO Pro apps and that they want to do all new features in-game.

most of the town hall meeting consisted of them telling us to send in feedback. what this tells me is that any time you find a tiny bug or have the biggest drawn out feature request to send it in via the feedback form.

http://www.uoherald.com/feedback

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed to the agreement. Sadly, I imagine it was just a temporary ban. People like that should be given no warnings and no temporary bans. It should be instant and permanent. Certain people just don't have the maturity to be involved with a game that causes them to come in contact with other people.

Those same people should be banned from forums where the do nothing but toss out digs and go out of their way to do nothing but stir up trouble and attempt to annoy people.

There are cases where people that are paged on should get warnings or even just temporary bans. But, in situations like this, its quite clear what the intent was and a permanent ban should have followed.
imagine if there was a police officer in a store who just stood there when someone robbed the place at gunpoint. he'd be fired. that is what we are talking about here.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw you spamming like a crazy yesterday... it was impossible read something. I see many ppl tell you to stop, but you continued, so this is the price of your action :|

In attachment a screenshot of your "crazy spam" during the event (for who dont know the facts)

Attachments

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My personal belief in the matter is that if you go to a player run event and start causing trouble or make it harder for them to carry on with THEIR TIME in game then you deserve any punishment that is given to you....

Weather it be you being banned from the house the event is being held in (If a house is involved) or have action taken against your account from a GM should someone page on you.

For example on the day of October 21st, 2006 my crew and I on the Legends shard were operating an auction and people decided the auction just wasn't exciting enough and started throwing Greater Conflagration in the auction area making it impossible to set/pickup items to be displayed. We banned a few people that we though the Pots were coming from, unforchantly though they still continued. So after about 20 Minutes of this we decided enough was enough and did a Harrassment page. After a few minutes Lighting started striking all over the roof of the auction house and GM Wolf appeared behind the bar in the auction area of the Auction House and gave a simple warning "I'm going to start checking backpacks one by one in 2 Minutes and if you have ANY kind of Conflagration Potions on you of any kind you will be put in Jail then issued a 72 Hour Suspension and a Mark will be placed against your account. So if you got them...you better leave now." Well needless to say about 10 people most all from the same guild scattered like roaches to a flipped lightswitch in a dark room.

I personally think if your enjoyment of the game is to harass people that work hard to bring events to the community then you should be banned from the game perminately and somehow made to where you can never play in other games either cause obviously your not the type of person that is good for any community.
first of all. it wasn't me. second, the kid wasn't throwing conflag potions. all the owners of the house had to do was ban him. they didn't. they chose to page a GM, stand there and brag about it, then let the event be disrupted for a full 10 minutes while they waited for a GM to show up.

they weren't working hard to do anything but the radio stream, which was medicore at best. there were problems with the microphones, you couldn't hear the full panel, and asked very few questions, instead taking the opportunity to ask their own questions.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I saw you spamming like a crazy yesterday... it was impossible read something. I see many ppl tell you to stop, but you continued, so this is the price of your action :|

In attachment a screenshot of your "crazy spam" during the event (for who dont know the facts)

IT WAS NOT ME I WOULD TELL YOU IF IT WAS

D

D'Amavir

From what I read someone was in the WRR house spamming something?

Instead of paging, a simple "remove thyself" or "I ban thee" could've worked as well. Can't remember which it is for a public house.
The same could be said about most harassment pages. If someone is using racial slurs, just put them on ignore. Sure, that would techinically work. But, personally, I think that something more severe should happen to people that do things like this beyond just being removed from a house or even banned from a house. They have a certain mindset that tells them that they should go out of their way to disrupt the enjoyment of the game for other people. As such, a harsher penalty should be given to them. A temporary ban really isn't enough in my mind. A permanent ban should be given to people like that.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The same could be said about most harassment pages. If someone is using racial slurs, just put them on ignore. Sure, that would techinically work. But, personally, I think that something more severe should happen to people that do things like this beyond just being removed from a house or even banned from a house. They have a certain mindset that tells them that they should go out of their way to disrupt the enjoyment of the game for other people. As such, a harsher penalty should be given to them. A temporary ban really isn't enough in my mind. A permanent ban should be given to people like that.
the reason why someone gets banned for racial slurs is because it is specifically against the rules. he wasn't using racial slurs he was just spamming

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

all the house owner had to do was ban him from the house. they didn't do it. that is what the issue is here, nothing else.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

He was spamming MMMMMMMMMM at an ingame setting for a real life event with people trying to get questions asked to the dev team with the devs actually there to see it.

Dude got what he deserved.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

He was spamming MMMMMMMMMM at an ingame setting for a real life event with people trying to get questions asked to the dev team with the devs actually there to see it.

Dude got what he deserved.
is it worth it to allow an event to be disrupted for over 10 minutes just so someone can get caught and punished?

i am sorry but there's no way you guys are going to change my mind on this one.

Experimental

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simply banning idiots will do the trick. No need to allow people to disrupt an event just so you can tattle on them. What a disaster.

http://www.uof-uo.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9879

At the town hall meeting, while he was spamming "MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM" all over the screens, even Jeremy, Grimm and Cal were getting irritated with him.
I don't know why he wasn't banned from the house, MAYBE NO ONE WHO COULD BAN HIM WAS THERE!!!...just a thought.
His spamming made it nearly impossible to read the questions the ingame players were asking and Jeremy and Cal were doing their best to include them.

Status
Not open for further replies.