• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[No idea what title to give - Moved from other thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The "banned" stratics guy continued to icq me his bids and was very upset with his account being banned for his "past sins" claiming he was completely legit and still wanting to deal with me to buy all of my items...
:roll eyes:

Anyone who believes that spiel is nothing short of gullible. I hope you chose not to do so.

It is bit disturbing that people start multiple threads about "HOW TO HAVE A NOTORIETY SYSTEM" and then even have a hesitation about trading with a banned user who has done nothing but lie to multitude of posters on here for their own profit and actively helped dupe scores of rares. Why? because they claim they have turned a new leaf and probably stroked egos with platitudes.

Guess what. The same claims were made the last time and the one before that. If some of the people you mentioned truly gave you that advice, then I have nothing to say but history is bound to repeat itself. And this time, all those that chose to ignore the obvious will be held accountable. That much I can promise.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Re: EM Items ~ New and Old

Tomas, I wasn't endorsing him. Nor was a condoning his behavior in the past.

I was simply explaining that quite a few people have ICQ'd me about the banned guy and told me that they had a VERY different opinion of him than what I had learn by reading your blog and talking to you on Q and thru PM....

I have very much steered clear of him and have enough respect for what we are all doing here, which is collecting the rare items of this game, to understand the harm that dupers and fencers have done to hurt our beloved hobby....

The ONLY pause I had was because someone that I respect as MUCH as any single person that is in this game, and has the respect of MOST of the people here, messaged me and told me that he not only would vouch for his bids, but was going to vote in proxy for the banned member if he wanted him to do so....

As I stated in the posts above, this really was something that I didn't expect when I started this auction and frankly was not prepared to have to deal with....

As it went on, and more people spoke up, EVEN YOU AND I ICQ'ING ONCE, I decided to remove his bids and not deal with him, just like I will not deal with the people associated with the PAC Rares Fest thefts....

I did participate in the threads of creating a "blacklist" of sorts to help our members out in their dealings so they don't get burned, BUT this is not what this thread is about:
THIS IS ABOUT MY AUCTION, whether it is over or not, and it's use is for the winners and me to cooridinate when and where we shall meet to finish our transactions...

I'd appreciate you cleaning up this thread with the appropriate threads being the only ones left in it, INCLUDING YOUR POSTS, which if it were made by another member, IM SURE IT WOULD BE DELETED...

Thanks.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I do not mean to say anything against you. You have done well and your effort to be transparent deserves acknowledgment.

Your auction is, however, closed as all the items are sold. Since you brought up the issue yourself in it, I decided to give my two cents about it as ignoring it would serve to only get even more people scammed (again) in the future.

I appreciate the situation you were put in and I am also aware of the people who you refer to in third person. I hope their motives are rooted in foolishness rather than anything sinister.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

You have never duped anything.

You have never threatened administrators and moderators with illegal acts.

You have not had your posts reported by literally hundreds of users.

Trust me, it is a very bad analogy :) - and there is a very good reason the person is banned every attempt they make at coming back.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I had to look up "afaik".... (lol)

Point taken, I do not, in fact do the things you have listed.... but I did make a mistake in an earlier post... I said that everyone had picked up their items, but that was wrong...

Peil hadn't picked up the "Golden Compass" until just now at ATL server up! Thanks for the purchase (you got a deal!) and thanks for visiting my new little museum that I've set up in Zento on Atlantic!

Now it's up to my best bud Shulginist to Q me later today!

Then we can all look forward to my PC's I've got coming up today on my shiny new Orc Helmet Stained With Blood and also my Mesanna's Slippers! Pics forthcoming!

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Quotes from you Tomas:

"Guess what. If some of the people you mentioned truly gave you that advice, then I have nothing to say but history is bound to repeat itself. And this time, all those that chose to ignore the obvious will be held accountable. That much I can promise."

"and I am also aware of the people who you refer to in third person. I hope their motives are rooted in foolishness rather than anything sinister."

I am mentioned specifically in Slickjack's reply and, after reviewing my ICQ conversations with him, i can assure you that the only thing i was "vouching" for was the fact that i did not feel that he needed to worry about being scammed, cheated, etc from the potential buyer. You have strong feelings about this person quite obviously, and from what i understand - for very good reason. He introduced ill gotten gains into the rares community from what i understand.

That being said, i think we all understand you stance on people that you have evidence on that were involved in duping. Please tell us your stance on people who sell fenced goods on this forum, whether from a hacked account, or from a well documented con. We have seen your actions, i am just curious as to your justifications.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think you need to take a step back and figure out just what the problem is Tomas. Seems this issue you have is your own, not stratics. This makes the matter not only personal...but shows reason why I think (and others as well) you should step down.

The moment you begin to look at things other than objectively is the moment you lose sight of what your purpose is. That moment has come and gone...
When I was the Trade Admin for stratics, I banned this individual as well although it was for his behavior and breaking the RoC. After I retired, I think it may have indeed been Tomas himself who chose to give him another chance (although I could be wrong and it was another staff member). However, when he came back it wasn't just the shady practices that I believe got him perma-banned again, but his attitude/responses and the tantrum when some questioned him or he was told to simmer down.

Regardless of the reasons, having been a mod and an admin I can tell you with 150% certainty that every time any action is done, whether it was a simple warning or a ban, that we had to document everything and I mean everything. It was a royal pain in the ass. All those who have action taken against them are welcome to email the admins to have their case reviewed. Knowing this individual, he's probably done that (as he did with me) many times... the admins looked into it and decided the ban was valid. Mods can not ban because of actions taken against them personally. Someone could hack a mod, molest their pet duck or burn down the house and unless they broke the RoC, there will be no action. There is probably a number of PMs/emails that have been exchanged that we are not privy too.

Anyways, if you are concerned about Tomas email an admin, but for what its worth... I am sure the admins are well aware of all and can read all the past PMs/Emails/Posts involved (even though we can not see them).

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

That being said, i think we all understand you stance on people that you have evidence on that were involved in duping. Please tell us your stance on people who sell fenced goods on this forum, whether from a hacked account, or from a well documented con. We have seen your actions, i am just curious as to your justifications.

People do not get banned for being a duper or being a scammer. There are plenty of such who have and probably will again post on the forums. They get banned for breaking the rules of conduct that everyone has to sign up for.

Generally speaking, it is very difficult to be permanently banned. If someone manages this, you can count on the fact that they have one of the lousiest attitude you will find in a person. Even when someone is permanently banned, they can be given a chance to come back. Only after they have squandered these that they truly fall in the "permanently banned" category.

Specifically speaking regarding the case that you are referring to: It is impossible for a moderator to say that poster xyz is the one who scammed. Even if it was my account getting hacked and someone selling items that used to be on my account, I would not be in a position to prevent them from doing so.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Specifically speaking regarding the case that you are referring to: It is impossible for a moderator to say that poster xyz is the one who scammed. Even if it was my account getting hacked and someone selling items that used to be on my account, I would not be in a position to prevent them from doing so.
Actually you would be mistaken. Plenty of evidence has been presented (and deleted) which honestly incriminated both of the posters. However, if you delete it I suppose one can say it is *impossible* to implicate anyone. So, in that case I just have to say *well done*.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Restroom, I realize that you have it in for me. However, I was not the one who deleted the said posts. I was bit busy when the entire thing went down and only heard about this evidence after it was removed.

It must have been an administrator, which means that the post(s) probably broke rules. I have no desire to facilitate people who scam others. However, my hands are tied on this. The sad truth is that the items are eventually going to spread around through Stratics or not.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

you are the only moderator on this forum Tomas...whoever else could it have been?

rolleyes:

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If I said that I did not delete them, it means that I did not. I am not in the habit of lying.

If you read what I wrote, I said an administrator must have acted on it. That also means that if I was online at the time, then I would have had to do the same thing.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Tomas, I am not going to argue with you...I will just say that I don't believe you. No, I don't have it out for you but if I did...I would have legitimate reason to feel that way. I mean...lets face it...you are expressing your disdain for a person who is completely unable to defend themselves...how do you think we (the community) should feel about that? Honestly, do you feel you should be expected to follow the same rules you subject us to? If so, who bans you if you break them?

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I can ask the administrators to find out which one of them was online and removed the posts you are referring to, if you wish. I know it was not me because I would remember if I had read the evidence part. I am still very much in the dark about what went down at the rares fest.

If you have any issues regarding me or any other moderator, you should contact Petra Fyde or Magdalene or any other administrator.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

i go back to the thefts - you allow a unique item to go up for sale, in an age where it cant be duped - for sale here, and you offer a warning to the masses, as opposed to a ban to the seller. i realize a lot of items were duped, but you need to realize that in an age where they cant be duped, the end result of the item ending up on the market against the sellers will is the same.

please check yourself.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I am not completely following what you just said.

I will repeat that even if someone hacked my account and then tried to sell a unique item that I owned, I would not be able to prevent them from doing so. I would do the exact same thing I did in the thread you are referring and place a warning. If you find that unsatisfactory, there is really nothing I can do about it.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

I am not completely following what you just said.

I will repeat that even if someone hacked my account and then tried to sell a unique item that I owned, I would not be able to prevent them from doing so. I would do the exact same thing I did in the thread you are referring and place a warning. If you find that unsatisfactory, there is really nothing I can do about it.
if this is really true, then i think it is time that i take a long walk in the opposite direction. thanks for being candid.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Problem lies in the fact that the item could have easily been resold to a third party who cannot be held accountable.

Treyster25

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hi guys, I just came back a couple of weeks ago and I did not come back to cause problems, to start trouble, to offend anyone or to act in any way what so ever like I have in the past. Assia is completely right about everything she said. I was nothing more than an arrogant a-hole that threw temper tantrums basically, I acted a fool I admit that and agree with 100%. I have had almost or over 2 years to reflect on my actions and in that time I've had to deal with quite a few ppl like my former self and some times it takes some drastic stuff in RL to make you realize how big of an idiot your acting on forums ya know? That's why I was banned and I agree with my ban, I most def shoulda been banned, it was well deserved and well warranted but I've had 2 years to reflect on that and like I said, I didn't come back to start anything or to cause problems, I've had a pretty rough year and I simply wana come back and enjoy this game again, I just wana have fun and help out the community, I wana help with item history, price checks, events and fests... anything and everything... and im not asking for a second chance (or 3rd, 4th w.e) I'm merely asking for the chance to prove myself ya know? I've asked for some type of probation type of come back like if I post 1 wrong thing, 1 post in the wrong spot, 1 bad word, anything then just ban me again with no questions asked because I am honest to god NOT the same guy I used to be... like I said, 2 years is a really long time to reflect on ones past actions and I am truely, honest to god sorry for how I replied to some people and how I acted on this forum but I would really like the chance to prove that I have changed. I'm not a bad guy and everyone who knows me knows that. I just had a bit of a temper back then but I've fixed that... As far as the rest goes, you guys can belive what you want. If people only get to hear one side of a story then theres only one side they can believe. Me and tomas have had differences for a very long time and I have honestly tried extremely hard to move past that, I have sent him dozens of ICQ's trying to find a way to move on, trying to fix things and work out our differences but he wont reply to me. Tomas man, me and you used to be friends when u first started here and I really hope that one day you can drop this mess and we can have that again... But I most certainly did NOT do the things you said I did... Your never guna admit that your wrong and I'm never guna admit to things I didn't do so me and you are at a standstill. I want this to end tho, I'm merely a rares dealer and a collector.. that's it... I am truly sorry for any trouble I have caused, for any rules I have broken and my behavior in the past... But, it is the past and we can't go back in time, all I can do is move forward with a positive motion and try to correct my past mistakes.

I understand that I am breaking the rules right now by evading my ban so this probably isnt going to help my case, but I dont know what else to do. I just want to move on, I just want to come back to this community and help make it bigger, better and stronger. I just want ppl to know the truth and understand that I'm not a bad guy and I've never meant to do anyone wrong or hurt anyone.

Tomas, man you can ban this acct I understand that. But leave the post dude... I am sincerely sorry to you and to everyone for my past actions on this board which is what got me banned. I simply want the chance to prove myself and if anything else just let the community decide... hold a vote... and if majority rules that people dont want me back then ill leave... otherwise, whats it guna hurt to let me prove myself? I didn't come back to cause problems, I was a complete and total blankety blank back then but ppl are capable of changing and I certainly have

I still have a reputation of being extremely honest and trustworthy to uphold which is why I'll make a deal with you: If I can be given the chance to prove my self under probationary terms and I screw up in even the slightest little way I'll donate 5 billion gp to the rares fest to be used to buy rares etc that could be used for prizes in games, raffles etc

I dont know what to do here but I am trying really really hard guys... I acted a fool in the past and I have been banned for almost or over 2 years and had plenty of time to think about it and I just wana come back and help out again... no more drama, no more crap, no more being rude... jus some good ole RP and community fun in the awesome world of rares =)

On a side note, I just talked to my buddy chae and it doesn't really seem fair that someone perma banned him for defending me... I really really miss the days when Hemi and Manti ran this forum.... But hopefully we can all stop the drama and just simply have fun playing this game and collecting / selling our items =)

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If i remember correctly, Petra was the one that deleted/moved/whatever the thread about the evidence on the last rares fest auction Theft. Too bad that thread was clearly against the RoC because the private conversations screenshots.

I think Tomas is saying he only *can* act when someone breaks the RoC, but, about 7 hours ago there was a very interesting post in this same thread that Chae23 wrote and was deleted some minutes after. I save that post. The guy never use names on his post but refereces to different people. I dont think he breaks the RoC with his post, and I really expect that he post it again somewhere, maybe in another stratics forum (Off Topic or any other).

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

not to be an ass, but why are names and screenshots against the TOS here but not in the PVP thief forum? It was regular practice in that forum to name the mark and show screenshots in addition to chatlogs. I think ohmyged would agree, a simple look through his post history would prove my point.

Quite seriously, it is long standing tradition on the PVP thief forums to brag and show their marks - where are the braggers now?

Apetul

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

not to be an ass, but why are names and screenshots against the TOS here but not in the PVP thief forum? It was regular practice in that forum to name the mark and show screenshots in addition to chatlogs. I think ohmyged would agree, a simple look through his post history would prove my point.
I just checked the RoC (heh! first time i read it..) and it says:

E. Private Messages are to be considered private and are not to be posted publicly unless the sender of the private message agrees. This applies to any message or communication from any source that is not normally publicly viewable.

I understand that I am breaking the rules right now by evading my ban so this probably isnt going to help my case, but I dont know what else to do.
RoC does not say nothing about evading a ban. I guess you just need to follow the rules this time.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

well, the things i am referring to are scams, or as some PVP thieves would like to call them "persuasion thefts" IE cons. they are quite public on the PVP thief boards, complete with victims all named. now, we harbor them in the rares forum, and allow then to gain legitimacy.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Problem lies in the fact that the item could have easily been resold to a third party who cannot be held accountable.
Thing is...this didnt happen. The evidence was deleted by you or someone else. If you bothered to even peruse around the other forums instead of taking an ignorant stance to this, perhaps this whole thing could have been avoided. You see what happens when people play dumb?

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I think the thing to remember is Tomas does -not- make the rules, he only carries them out. Some are ragging on him for just doing his job as moderator. When I did it, I spanked my own guild members when they stepped out of line just as quickly as I would folks I disliked on a personal level.

I -hate- the fact we can't name dupers, scammers, hackers, etc... I really do. However, it is against the rules here and Tomas is just following those rules. Perhaps instead of everyone putting all this energy into coming down on Tomas, you all should attempt to join together and try to get the rules changed. Open a thread and get everyone's input and present your case to the admins/owners. I think that will work a lot better than yelling at Tomas for something he doesn't have any control over.

P.S. An admin can moderate -ANY- forum they wish. So even though Tomas is the only 'moderator' here, any of the admins can do it too. If someone was banned and Tomas says he didn't do it, it is very possible he didn't. Although I haven't been banned myself personally, the ban messages may not state for how long a ban is in effect for. We had a tier system we had to follow and unless the poster did something atrocious (porn for example), you simply could not go from no infractions to perma-ban. If someone indeed got perma-banned and not a temporary ban, chances are they did something really naughty or had previous infractions.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Also, this is the 'ban evasion' rule.

Q. You may not use an alternative user account to promote or support your main user account in a way that implies you are more than one person or to evade disciplinary actions.

Link to Rules of Conduct:
http://vboards.stratics.com/faq.php

They should make that one more crystal clear for folks though.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

If i remember correctly, Petra was the one that deleted/moved/whatever the thread about the evidence on the last rares fest auction Theft. Too bad that thread was clearly against the RoC because the private conversations screenshots.

I think Tomas is saying he only *can* act when someone breaks the RoC, but, about 7 hours ago there was a very interesting post in this same thread that Chae23 wrote and was deleted some minutes after. I save that post. The guy never use names on his post but refereces to different people. I dont think he breaks the RoC with his post, and I really expect that he post it again somewhere, maybe in another stratics forum (Off Topic or any other).
According to Petra, nothing is ever deleted...it only goes to a different moderators forum. In which case, since Tomas is a moderator he would know first hand what happens and occurs within the confines of this forum if any information was transferred to the private boards. To claim outright that one has no knowledge of such is ludicrous...

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Q. You may not use an alternative user account to promote or support your main user account in a way that implies you are more than one person or to evade disciplinary actions.

Link to Rules of Conduct:
http://vboards.stratics.com/faq.php
While you are on the subject, both people mentioned from the Pac incident WERE CAUGHT using alt accounts here on stratics.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

While you are on the subject, both people mentioned from the Pac incident WERE CAUGHT using alt accounts here on stratics.
Alternate accounts are allowed. It is only using them in a way to imply they aren't the same person such as using one account to up a bid on their own auction and such. If the people in question used them to do something against the rules or to bid on their own items, etc... document it all with links to posts etc and email it to the admins. If what they did is against the rules, they'll get spanked for it.

Apetul

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Oh my bad, i miss that one.

BTW guys, the last thread about the auction theft was moved/deleted because people was so angry and they started to break the RoC.
The only way to let the information stays on this forum and not get removed/deleted it is to act smartly. The thiefs did never break the rules but the angry posters did. So this time, I think no one must break the next rules:

C. Personal attacks are prohibited.This specifically means any text/post that is blatantly attacking another person on or off the forum, especially in a personal way.
I. Publicly discussing actions by the moderators is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: bans, warnings, locks, and moved threads. Any inquiries or comments on bans, warnings, or other moderator actions, are to be sent in private messages or via email. A moderator may choose to publicly inform the participants of a forum about bans and warnings if this is in the interest of the forum.

Im sure that breaking these rules, this thread will be locked.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

well here is a him and him driving up a bid, in the same thread, yeah.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=185959
Thanks for bringing that thread to my attention. I am not a moderator there but will make sure an admin knows about it.

On a side note, I just talked to my buddy chae and it doesn't really seem fair that someone perma banned him for defending me...
Treyster25 said:
Chae23 is a good friend of mine that actually even lives in a diff state and he was just perma banned for the same thing even though he's never been banned.
Chae23 was banned because he writes like you, he sounds like you, and he shares the same IP as you.

I am glad that you have reflected for 2 years and "changed". Good luck.

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Alternate accounts are allowed. It is only using them in a way to imply they aren't the same person such as using one account to up a bid on their own auction and such. If the people in question used them to do something against the rules or to bid on their own items, etc... document it all with links to posts etc and email it to the admins. If what they did is against the rules, they'll get spanked for it.
Alternate accounts are allowed? That was not the case for this banned person back then. No matter what he try to come back as, Mods found a way to ban him. As a matter of fact everyone knew it was the same person since he was selling the same items. I don't even remember how many times he tried to come back but I do remember there were times when he openly apologized and at least tried to change his ways but was provoked to loose his anger by being singled out and continuous prodding.

It seems to me that the rules gets relaxed over time on what is allowed to be sold here and what is not. Most of us remember what items are on the duping list and yet from time to time they come up for sale without any problems. Looking back, I don't even remember what was decided back then, can we or can't we sell duped items? If not, then why are the rules not be reinforced? I see Ari shrouds, all types of server births on the duped list and yet people are selling them freely here.

If however, duped items are allowed to be sold here, then why was this guy banned back then? I don't mean the times when he shot his mouth off but the other times he got banned for selling duped items? May be I don't remember as far back and got the stories all mixed up. So a clarification would be nice from the Mods if they remember.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The last time the user was banned permanently (which happened to be the third time) was also because he ran his mouth. The user was banned by Ryna Mcbegg. No one has ever been banned for duping or selling duped items on Stratics, as far as I know.

You may not use alternate accounts to post in your own thread, especially if it is related to trading. However, if you make an alternate account after being permanently banned - your alts will also be banned.

I hope that makes it clear.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Alternate accounts are allowed? That was not the case for this banned person back then. No matter what he try to come back as, Mods found a way to ban him. As a matter of fact everyone knew it was the same person since he was selling the same items. I don't even remember how many times he tried to come back but I do remember there were times when he openly apologized and at least tried to change his ways but was provoked to loose his anger by being singled out and continuous prodding.

It seems to me that the rules gets relaxed over time on what is allowed to be sold here and what is not. Most of us remember what items are on the duping list and yet from time to time they come up for sale without any problems. Looking back, I don't even remember what was decided back then, can we or can't we sell duped items? If not, then why are the rules not be reinforced? I see Ari shrouds, all types of server births on the duped list and yet people are selling them freely here.

If however, duped items are allowed to be sold here, then why was this guy banned back then? I don't mean the times when he shot his mouth off but the other times he got banned for selling duped items? May be I don't remember as far back and got the stories all mixed up. So a clarification would be nice from the Mods if they remember.
When I say alternate accounts... I mean those still in good standing. If you're banned and create an alternate account it will most likely be banned when the mods discover it. Keep in mind that is -my- understanding and they may have changed the rules.

Back when I banned him, he was not following the RoC (as he mentioned in his own post). I never banned him for selling anything illegal or selling duped items. His posting is what got him in trouble :(

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

well here is a him and him driving up a bid, in the same thread, yeah.

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=185959
Lol...right right...and yet we as actual members of the community have to suffer because certain individuals turn a blind eye. If I remember right...this incident was turned in...yet here we are.

btw...sorry for my rant to the rest of the forum. I am obviously a bit piturbed about the crap that is allowed as well as what isn't.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First of all, I try to just read these forums and stay quiet. That is usually the safest thing for me to do, but I must say I think there are a few people that really just try to give Tomas a hard time. I think he does his job very well even though he does get a bit grumpy at times, but then we all do that. If you were the one trying to keep up with all the mess that goes on on these forums, you might be the same way.

As far as Trey goes, I have done many trades with this guy and never once has he ever scammed me. I can speak this as fact for myself, but not anyone else. I think there have been times when he has ran his mouth when he shouldn't have, but then who hasn't. If he says he has changed and grown a little, then maybe he has. We all make mistakes, some of us learn from those, some of us don't. Hopefully he has. Maybe he does deserve a chance to prove what he says he will do.

I have been a rares collector for many many years and I think our favorite past time of collecting is having enough problems right now without creating more. I think the time has come to try to pull everyone together instead of pulling it apart more than it is right now. It is easy to always criticize how someone is doing their job, but then put yourself in their shoes. Could you do a better job and if that answer is yes, then why are you griping and not offering to take that job instead? The reason is, it's always easier to gripe about it instead of doing it.

Maybe Trey is sincere Tomas, only one way to find out. Let him either prove or hang himself. I sincerely hope this can all be resolved. I for one think you do a hell of a job and i surely do not want your job anytime soon. And Trey, I want my brush back, I'm sure we can find a trade like the old days :) Can't we all just get along?

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Issue 1:
Thank you Shalanria.

However, Trey has been given many many many many many many many many............. many chances in the past by both me and other staff members going back several years. His posts today, many of which he deleted or were removed, do not encourage me towards adding yet another "many" in an already long list of many's.

It is very easy to claim that you have changed, but actions speak louder than words. The staff members have heard it all over many years of giving him just another chance.

Sorry.

Issue 2:
Regarding the rares festival items issue, I will speak with the administrators to see if anything can be done. I do not have the power to prevent someone from posting items that they stole in game from someone else. However, admins have the last word on this. Will get back to you all after I have discussed it with them.

This thread is closing.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Supplemental.
No posts are EVER deleted, and a moderator couldn't if he wanted to. They're moved to where an admin can see what's happened.
Rares Festival thread.Tomas is telling the truth. I moved it.
Treyster: Not only did Chae23 post from his house this time, every post that user name has made back to february 2009 comes from there.
How did he Treyster get back in the first place?
A general amnesty for all banned posters was declared at the launch of the vbulletin boards.
Since this thread is locked, and staying that way, I'll take questions by pm.

Status
Not open for further replies.