• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS NLS Newsletter #5

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems like there is a lot of flip flopping by the Devs on this though. In my example of the black horse; mine were deleted back when it was a "fresh exploit" but to @MalagAste point people have them now-a-days and it's no big deal bc they are considered "rare". I don't know enough to speak on it personally but I think the glacial stuff also falls into this camp. I've heard some glacial stuff has been deleted but then I see glacial spellbooks on auction... so who knows.
Yea, my guess is the Cu's people been talking about (I didnt even know) will end up in the same category. Give it half a year and they will be considered legit rares, traded for couple plats each.

Xare

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Has this changed? Ie - do they not delete bugged pets anymore (or adjust them)??

I think I was one of the first people to figure out (way back) you could bola the faction mounted guards and tame their black horses (and anyone could control)... I gathered up probably 6 or so between 2 accounts. Of course I had to show off my "bootleg nightmare" a short time after and of course someone paged on me at which point the one I was riding and the 3 in my stable were deleted. They were technically an explouit which was illegal so the GM said he wouldn't ban me but he was removing the exploits... I was pissed but thought to myself "well at least I have 2 on my other account" but would never be able to actually ride them...

A few years later after I had returned from a brief hiatus I was going through my pets in the stables on the 2nd account trying to see if the other ones were still there and they weren't so I figured that the GMs probably did some sort of sweep while my accounts were still active a removed them.

I also at some point had a medusa hued dragon (that stone color) that I hid away when that was a thing. I don't have that anymore, it's regular color now.

Long story short, those pets were deemed "exploited" pets so they deleted them or adjusted them... I find it hard to believe that a Cu with impossible stats (or a bane...I saw someone claiming someone had a counterfeit one in chat but could have been trolling) wouldn't be deleted on sight or something that's out of the normal wouldn't be adjusted. They won't adjust a pet to be stronger but they damn sure have adjusted them to be weaker from my experience.
I uh, have one of those horses still. The account and character it's on doesn't get used much but she always rides it.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seems like there is a lot of flip flopping by the Devs on this though. In my example of the black horse; mine were deleted back when it was a "fresh exploit" but to @MalagAste point people have them now-a-days and it's no big deal bc they are considered "rare". I don't know enough to speak on it personally but I think the glacial stuff also falls into this camp. I've heard some glacial stuff has been deleted but then I see glacial spellbooks on auction... so who knows.
Think it just depends on the "mood of the day" as to what gets deleted and what gets ignored on any given day or moment... and who the GM is and what their interpretation of the "rules" is...

I know back when they had UOWeddings and you could buy the "Wedding" package which included RL wedding certificates and such... along with a set of engraved rings... we were also given the opportunity to a name change adding a "lastname" so to speak...

Well, when Willa married Polynikes we were both given the last name "Of The Yew-Wood"... Which was just fine for several years and then one day while we were at an event Poly gets pulled away by a GM who informs him that his name is too long and not allowed and his name was then changed to Polynikes of Yew... which we both were sort of mad about... Now technically Willa's name is still to this day 2 letters "too long" for anyone to duplicate... but I guess there was a difference between her name at 2 letters and his at 5... Willa's name has never been changed but I did ask Mesanna about it years ago when she fixed my personal bless deed to actually recognize my character ... and she told me that NO no one should ever be allowed to change my name as I did pay for that... and to let her know if anyone tried. So she remains Willa Of The Yew-Wood... But Poly never got the rest of his name back.

As I said I think it just is the "flavor of the day" sort of thing as to what is or isn't allowed at any one moment.