• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Ninjitsu Training

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I decided to train skills up to 70 via traditional grinding, then use skills naturally thereafter. However, I'm having trouble with ninjitsu.

Currently, my ninjitsu skill is stuck at 57.5. For the past three days, I've spent hours each evening using mirror image. I'm gaining hiding and stealth, but I haven't gained a single point of ninjitsu--not even though GGS. I haven't gained via casting dog/frog form, either. I've just topped 90 hiding, but I still can't move past 57.5 ninja. On prodo shards, we start attacking pets at this point, but that's obviously moot on Siege.

Advice for a Siege noob, plz?

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ninjitsu - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Gains may be slow or cease entirely from 57.5 - 60 using Summon Mirror Image. You may wish to start using Focus Attack on your mirror summons. There are 2 different ways to train with Focus Attack and Death Strike. Either attack a pet that is guarding you on the Trammel facet (you must not be in a guild) or summon a Mirror Image to attack on the Felucca facet. Alternatively, Shadow Jump seems to work effectively from 55-70; however, it will not work inside of a player house.

Data above is just from the site. I have 2 characters at 120 Ninjitsu, but I used the Shadow Jump method at the time. Hope this helps.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Ninjitsu - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Gains may be slow or cease entirely from 57.5 - 60 using Summon Mirror Image. You may wish to start using Focus Attack on your mirror summons. There are 2 different ways to train with Focus Attack and Death Strike. Either attack a pet that is guarding you on the Trammel facet (you must not be in a guild) or summon a Mirror Image to attack on the Felucca facet. Alternatively, Shadow Jump seems to work effectively from 55-70; however, it will not work inside of a player house.

Data above is just from the site. I have 2 characters at 120 Ninjitsu, but I used the Shadow Jump method at the time. Hope this helps.
Aye, but on Siege it's harder to use this method because targets...well, they die. Also, I'm a mage, which complicates strikes. ^^

Guess I'll just learn a weapon skill during ninja training.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
The only way to get from 55-70.1 for me was to shadow jump, I tryed surprize attack and it was to slow and hard to do over and over. Get a medable suit with high mana regen.

This is one of those skills even if you dont WANT Hide and Stealth you have to allow it up and do the jumping. When you hit 85 (ROT'ing using jump from 70-85) then you can kill the hide/stealth skills and move on to death strike.

I even went so far as to make 2 15 ninja jewels when I was at 55 to get me to 85 skill, but i NEVER got a single point when I tryed death strike over and over about 100 times.

Since i had to do it the hard way one would think with SoA's and SoT's it'd be a breeze.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Good advice. I'll give it a shot.

Template is going to be:

115 mage
120 eval
120 resist
100 med
100 hiding
90 ninja
75 stealth

Plain ol' ninja/mage. Nothing special.

Guardian KX

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran

Template is going to be:

115 mage
120 eval
120 resist
100 med
100 hiding
90 ninja
75 stealth

Suggestions for balance...

Drop the resist from 120 too 100. 20 extra points in resist just means it counters curse overall lower and 2 secs para time. Both these can be counter via items (box and enchanted apples). I really havent heard of someone using resist in PvP or PvM in forever. I view resist spells as useless, but maybe some change happened that allows a benefit over item using.

Take Ninja up too GM minimum... theres just way too many benefits for having it at 100, and 90 will get you killed in PvP via higher amount of fails into lamma form.

Take Stealth to 80, if your at 75 the game (dunno why) drops you out of stealth FOR NO REASON every now and then. At 80 I never have the issue with dropping out of Stealth.

Theres also a arguement to be made over GM Meditation VS 60 Focus and 40 Meditation. If your gonna hit the button for ACTIVE meditation then go 100... But if your going passive (hidden) then 60/40's the way to go.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor

Template is going to be:

115 mage
120 eval
120 resist
100 med
100 hiding
90 ninja
75 stealth

Drop the resist from 120 too 100. 20 extra points in resist just means it counters curse overall lower and 2 secs para time. Both these can be counter via items (box and enchanted apples). I really havent heard of someone using resist in PvP or PvM in forever. I view resist spells as useless, but maybe some change happened that allows a benefit over item using.

Take Ninja up too GM minimum... theres just way too many benefits for having it at 100, and 90 will get you killed in PvP via higher amount of fails into lamma form.

Take Stealth to 80, if your at 75 the game (dunno why) drops you out of stealth FOR NO REASON every now and then. At 80 I never have the issue with dropping out of Stealth.

Theres also a arguement to be made over GM Meditation VS 60 Focus and 40 Meditation. If your gonna hit the button for ACTIVE meditation then go 100... But if your going passive (hidden) then 60/40's the way to go.
Ah, this is good stuff. So you think most folks don't use resist? I'd love to go 115 ninja for reliable wolf form. 90 was just for llama form.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I would just use some Ninjitsu skill jewelry and use focus strike with a mage weapon to about 60 real skill and then take the jewelry off and keep focus striking to 70.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I would just use some Ninjitsu skill jewelry and use focus strike with a mage weapon to about 60 real skill and then take the jewelry off and keep focus striking to 70.
On prodo shards, I would. However, on Siege, I suspect that I will frequently lose jewels, so I don't want to depend on them if I don't have to.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just have an artificer make a ring or bracelet with only +13 Ninjitsu. I've never lost (much less seen a PK) while training skills in some obscure spot on the shard.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Just have an artificer make a ring or bracelet with only +13 Ninjitsu. I've never lost (much less seen a PK) while training skills in some obscure spot on the shard.
Worth a shot! :)

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I recently did 120 ninja here without hiding and stealth. Animal form, mirror images, then focus attack to around 70, then jeweled up above 85 and did deathstrikes.
You get a rot gain even from a failed deathstrike . Did most of the training while working fencing and other skills, but finished with doing deathstrikes against mirror images .

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm currently at 90 skill and have tried attacking my mirror image to gain, but it won't budge... How do I train Ninjitsu on SP above 90?

Last edited:

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Working now.... Doing what TheDrAJ suggested... Thx doc.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

OMBO!!! Please dont listen to this guys advice on resist, ninja, and stealth. Keep 120 resist, and the other stuff the way you had. The med and focus thing is alright, pending on your needs. Personally the Bo hates your template and doesnt believe in stealth mages. What you gonna be doing?? pvp hope not, what you gonna do stealth up on someone, pop out and cast spells ahahah. And your damage output is gonna be trash without scribe or something else to deal damage. If you playing stealth mage as a defensive mage in pvp you would be better served as a scribe parry mage. It will allow you to deal good damage, and take a crap ton of damage. You want to pvm mage, than add spellweavin or myst/focus. You are just creating trash, that you will be unsatisfied with in the end.