• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ninjitsu stuck at 96. Help!?

• Thread starter imported_Hawkeye_Pike
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

Hi all,

I've been quite successful to raise Ninjitsu up to 93. After that, I only got the 0.1 skill point gain once a day (through guaranteed skill gain). Now I'm at 96, and I do not get any more skill gain whatsoever. I've been using Death Strike and Kee Attack for weeks now, without a single gain. And YES, I do have free skill points.

I know that Ninjitsu is difficult to raise, but is THIS normal? How much do other players gain above 96? Should I open a support request?

L

lysarius

I dont think you are bugged. Ninjitsu skill gains all but disappear at that level. Once I hit around 100 skill level I equipped jewelry to bump me up to 120 and just played. Every day I got 0.1 GSG and on really good days I would get an extra 0.1 or maybe even 0.2 from normal game play. Once my actual skill got high enough on its own, it allowed me to switch to jewlry that had other mods I wanted. If you are at 96 skill then GSG plus misc occasional gains will put you to legendary in 4-8 months. Until then just slap on some jewelry.

If you cant wait then you can grab a pet and repeatedly DS it over and over and over and over.... but for my two cents worth I'd just put on jewelry and have fun playing.

Y

Yukio

Wow, THE Hawkeye Pike?! I've been a fan of your Travelogue for years!

On a side note. Sometimes when your skill gets stuck you might try...Taking yourself out, if you get my meaning. It's helped me from time to time and might be worth a shot.

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

Thanks! :)

Taking myself out? A Fetid Essence in Moonglow took care of that. :)
Thanks for those hints! 8 months is a long time. Also, the time will stretch to several years, as I play my Ninja character only occasionally. Good to know that I'm not the only person with Ninjitsu problems out there.

On a side note: I wish every skill would be that hard to raise. People would concentrate more on gameplay than on macroing skills...

The United Pirates of Catskills

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

I solved this issue!

My skill cap is at 110 (I used a +10 Ninjitsu powerscroll). I had a Ninjitsu +14 ring equipped. As soon as I reached the skill of 96+14=110, Ninjitsu stopped to rise. I unequipped the ring and now Ninjitsu is rising again like it should.

I assume this is a bug. Usually the skill gain should not stop when you reached the skill cap due to a buff. I didn't notice this problem with any other skill.