ninja

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!
M

mcrowe1082

training ninja on my thief and can't seem to gain got to 53.1 and spent an hour doing animal form just to get a .1 gain that is almost expected when working a skill past 100 but at 53 i would expect it to go a lot faster. any advice on getting it to go a little faster?

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 12, 2004
Sonoma
Re: Templates Post Them Here

I switch to shadow jumping around 60, but the minimum skill is 50. If your hide and stealth are high enough you could try that.

You might also still get some gains with weapon focus too.

You also didn't mention what animal form you were trying, perhaps switching to the next highest skill level will garner the gains you seek.

Q

PS I moved your other post since this is a duplicate and it will probably get more attention as a seprate thread.

chad

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 11, 2008
Get 4/6 casting. Set a uo macro to...
cast mirror image
select nearest mobile
attack last

Go somewhere with no animals/players/NPCs around and just hold the macro down. It will train you to 75. From there, put on a ninja jewel to put you at 85+ and just death strike a cat in trammel while unguilded.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2008
florida
I have never tried this, but some swear by it-
go attack a satyr. Get discorded, and train skills while they are low.

A

A Rev

You can also record a UOA macro to cast spell [shadow jump] target [a location] wait however long your recovery time is and repeat on a new location.

Then just hit the button it will shadow jump to the spots [make sure its in a circle otherwise you wont be able to reach the next target when you fizzle or run outta mana]

Works really well, faster than mirror imaging.

Satyr also works very well.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 16, 2008
SoCal.
I have never tried this, but some swear by it-
go attack a satyr. Get discorded, and train skills while they are low.
That has never really worked well for me. Too many other monsters around there attacking me.

M

mcrowe1082

they trick with the satyr works great but i have negative karma so can't really go to spirit without getting killed :( but have used that on several skills like picking and carto and worked great.

so far i can only do up to the giant serpent and bullfrog for animal form so been working those pretty steadily but still not gaining shadow jump seems to be working some but at only 54 ninja so i fail a lot but guess it is my only option
thx for advice everyone

C

Czernobog

You can try spamming Mirror Image. I think somone already mentioned this. It isn't particularly fast but it will get the job done.

Schuyler Bain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
May 19, 2008
Lake Superior & Catskills
www.aschulze.net
Alright - I have made it to 88.1 Ninjitsu, but I can't seem to gain from this point on. I got to the 88.1 by following the suggestions in this post, but now I am stuck. I even stoned on Ninjitsu to a character with less than 300 total points. I figured I would try the Death Strike method on a pet, unguilded, in Trammel. No luck I kill the animal every time. I tell it to guard me, then use death strike and in 1 or 2 hits I kill the thing. I tried this out on other characters and it works fine, but they are all bonded pets, does this make the difference?

What am I missing here? Any suggestions?

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Dec 7, 2008
florida
When I was training, every now and again I'd get a gain from stars or darts. If you are farming, use them as much as possible, to see if you get a gain. I play siege, so at 70 I always got gains. On GL, where I started, it was so long ago I cant recall with any certainty. I remember using mirror image and death strike a lot. I also, now that I think about it, remember some area where I had to use backstab or surprise attack, or focus, it seems. Sorry I cant help more.