• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ninjitsu] Ninja training

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the best way to gain with Ninjitsu? I am currently at 72 skill... Is this skill a slow gaining skill, or is it just me :)

If you have the information, could you perhaps make a skill chart as to what to use at what skill level to gain in the art of Ninja?

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What is the best way to gain with Ninjitsu? I am currently at 72 skill... Is this skill a slow gaining skill, or is it just me :)

If you have the information, could you perhaps make a skill chart as to what to use at what skill level to gain in the art of Ninja?
No it is not just you. It is one of THE slowest skills to gain in UO. And well depending on what you are scrolled to and how dedicated you are, it can take a while. 4 to 5 hours a day for well....a while is how long it took me to finish it up.

Basically from 72 you can do this:

Mirror image to around 75 then
you want to use Focus Attack until around 85 or so when gains will start slowing for that then.........the pain of it all,
Death strike from around 85 or so until 120.

A little trick you can do though, is if you have soul fragments or soul stones, is to soul stone your skills off so that you just have your weapon and ninjitsu and well enough chivalry or magery to recall around. That way you will be under 300 points and you will get better gains then if you have a lot more points on your skill template.

Hope that helps.

Oh and almost forgot, you will need to stack as much LMC as you can once you get to death strike. It costs a TON of mana.

Personally, I recommend training ninjitsu on a mage template then swapping it over to a dexxer. That way you just have a large mana pool to begin with.

Kellgory

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought the changed focus attack about a year ago so that you will only gain until around 65. If you have stealth and hiding, you can always shadow jump around until you reach 85. If you don't have stealth and hiding, I would suggest putting items on to reach 85 and start doing deathstrikes.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought the changed focus attack about a year ago so that you will only gain until around 65. If you have stealth and hiding, you can always shadow jump around until you reach 85. If you don't have stealth and hiding, I would suggest putting items on to reach 85 and start doing deathstrikes.
I'm not completely certain to be honest with you. I completed my training before they made the changes to ninja spells.

However, Kellgory does have even better advice. My advice would be just get to where you can't gain any more with mirror image, and then use jewelry to get to the point where you can start doing death strikes. Once you get up to around 100 natural skill you can take the jewelry off and then just gain regular with death strike.

5% Luck

train it on a necro with focus and med using one of the invasion wepons. I sugest the 40 ssi dagger in lich form and max mana and low dex. Its realy as bad as taming if you dont!

The other option is to use a very high mana leech weapon and train guilded on your cu with a tamer and souls stone it to the warroir. Typicaly the cu will heal its self and youll leech enough mana to use the specials more often than with a normal MR/LMC suit

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Follow Kellgory's advice to get to 85. At 85 do deathstrike. If you've got soulstones I would recommend doing this:

Soulstone all of your skills, except Ninjitsu, off. Work Necro to 70 and Spirit Speak to 50 (Lich form and summon a wisp).

Let meditation and focus raise naturally to as high as you have them scrolled (even 15's are like 20k so I'd recommend doing that).

Get as must LMC and Mana regen as you can on a suit. I think you can easily hit 40 lmc and 19 mana regen.

Buy a cat, or have a tamer tame you a rat (any extremely low end tameable). Use a dagger or kryss with 30 ssi and HCI and just Deathstrike away. If you are not Human, I would say buy 30 fencing from an NPC to ensure you hit the rat/cat. You must be in a city and in trammel.

I recommend working this at Luna or WBB and not responding to people's inquiries when they ask if you are there. Many of them will cry and complain about the noise the cat makes and then will page on you thinking you aren't there. It's a good laugh.

If you've done everything listed above you should have no issue regenerating the mana and you should be able to deathstrike every other swing.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks all for the friendly advice! I will let you know how it goes! if anyone else has any pointers, please let me know!

OH!! Would discord (satyr) training work for this skill? Or did they do away with that?

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
finally got to 85 - now working death strike :( blah mana regeneration!!! I need some more of it :) almost wish I had Meditation... and some more +2 pieces (missing arms and legs with +2 MR)

sad thing is, I bet I haven't even regenerated all my mana back yet...

well! If anyone else has some clever trick to get to about 100 skill... let me know :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Really??? So many people posted the fastest ways to gain already.

M

MagicNinja

If your character isn't at max skill points yet, do gm med and focus and wear (medable) armor with as much LMC and mana regen as possible and spend some time punching that cat or rabbit, unguilded of course.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks lynk, you are always so helpful
I actually was helpful, I told you the fastest way to gain. But it's like you didn't even read it when a few posts later you say something like "Let me know if someone knows of any tricks on how to gm it quickly".

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually was helpful, I told you the fastest way to gain. But it's like you didn't even read it when a few posts later you say something like "Let me know if someone knows of any tricks on how to gm it quickly".
Indeed, Kellgory's method is the best. There is no "quick" way around leveling ninjitsu. Stay under 300 points initially will help as well...the old GGS code is still applicable with having lowest as skill points as possible. At least it worked quite well when I did it.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your advice....
I actually wrote it down on a piece of paper to make sure I didn't have to come to stratics if I ever needed it again...

I posted that more as an additive to my post than anything... Believe me, I read in full what you had to say. I was giving someone else a chance to explain how they did it, maybe someone had tried something new... hoping maybe there was a better way.

Kind of like life - really not just one way to do it... sometimes there are new ways of doing stuff, sometimes the way that something is done is slow and tedious and someone comes up with a more efficient way of doing that something...

thanks "so many people" who might have already posted the "fastest" way of doing something

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed, Kellgory's method is the best. There is no "quick" way around leveling ninjitsu. Stay under 300 points initially will help as well...the old GGS code is still applicable with having lowest as skill points as possible. At least it worked quite well when I did it.
Thanks Diomedes for confirmation... your polite and brief summary is appreciated :) And to everyone else who has contributed to the help of me, and hopefully many others!!

S

Sirus_Europa

Are there any tips on what to use deathstrike on? I think I remember someone doing this in down on a cat (?) repeatedly and it never getting hurt.
I don't know how this is accomplished.

I've been trying to raise ninjitsu using deathstrike on ettins and it's been taking forever... About .1 per hour.

M

MagicNinja

Ya, it's simple ^_^ just be unguilded and spam DS away on a pet in town.