[Discussion] Next Rares fest...

• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
April?

I think April is a reasonable wait until the next rares fest and we could bill it as Spring rares fest... I'm of the opinion that seasonal rares fests are great.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Sep 3, 2007
Travelling Sosaria
Do all the Vendors on Chessy have to be down first?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
lol. Not to discuss holding the next rares fest in April...

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
anyone want to host it? It'd be interesting to see it on a low pop shard where we could see the effects of a couple rich players wealth on the rares fest area.

Snow78

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jul 3, 2010
Great Lakes
Im actually up for an asian shard this time. Missed the last fest :( So im def looking forward to the next one. :D

S

Smokey of LS

i have spoken with 2-3 other collectors on LS besides me and we would like to try and host the next one on LS we would all love to have another fest here on our home shard, been a while since we did and we didnt have the em's and mesanna involved at that time. all of us that have talked really like the idea and are comin up with ideas for location and events and whatnot to put a bid in. Vote for Lake Superior!!!!

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 7, 2004
Title Town
I would volunteer my services again to help with another silent auction house or host wherever it is held. There would be a few changes this time around but basically the same. Few things I would change is everyone must provide icq or stratics name with bid. Also buyouts would not beable to be added after a item recieves a bid. And lastly I would have bidding end on Saturday at Midnight. Any bids from 11:55 pm on will extend item ten minutes from that bid. So basically an item can continue to be bid on for hrs until there is a ten minute lapse in bidding, then that item closes.

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
Sep 3, 2007
Travelling Sosaria
i have spoken with 2-3 other collectors on LS besides me and we would like to try and host the next one on LS we would all love to have another fest here on our home shard, been a while since we did and we didnt have the em's and mesanna involved at that time. all of us that have talked really like the idea and are comin up with ideas for location and events and whatnot to put a bid in. Vote for Lake Superior!!!!
I think all you have to do is say " We are going to do it, We have it Organized, and in the works for this weekend"

Pretty much what the Chessy people did. I dont see any other volunteers at the moment.

I would be happy to help with prizes a bit :) No Matter who puts on the next fest or where it is.

Lord Gareth

UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
Dec 17, 2006
Chesapeake
vboards.stratics.com
*Votes yes for Lake Superior* I might be bias because I played LS for a good three or four years. Owned a Villa at the Fel Brit moongate that was the big hot spot for PvP.

My suggestion to the Rares Fest Hosts
"Get your shard townships involved!"

Chesapeake had 8 townships working together to put these last two festivals on. Just because some of us RP township folks do not know the difference between; a Pot of Wax and a Pot of Eggnog doesn't mean we cannot contribute to the Rares Community. *Grins* We still know how to put on a good show.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Jun 7, 2004
Title Town
*Votes yes for Lake Superior* I might be bias because I played LS for a good three or four years. Owned a Villa at the Fel Brit moongate that was the big hot spot for PvP.

My suggestion to the Rares Fest Hosts
"Get your shard townships involved!"

Chesapeake had 8 townships working together to put these last two festivals on. Just because some of us RP township folks do not know the difference between; a Pot of Wax and a Pot of Eggnog doesn't mean we cannot contribute to the Rares Community. *Grins* We still know how to put on a good show.
This coming from the man who owns the single coolest dagger of all time, he don't know his rares, that's his poker face talking. Watch him.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
May 27, 2008
speaking of which, harbringers are probably one of the coolest things I've seen in uo.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Apr 29, 2009
Under Ur Bed!
I like the idea of the next fest in April sometime. Any shard works for me really as long as there is a decent plan of events. :)