• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player Event) *Newspapers scattered throughout the towns* Jhelom Pits

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Headline of the Jhelom Brawler newspaper*

"Money to be won in the pits"
by: Silas P. Blackblade

I happened to in good fortune stumble upon Jhelom's Minister of Arts on my trip to Skara Brae I found him in the Shattered Skull, he was carousing with the locals and three young women when I approached him at his table. He seemed in good spirits as he offered me a drink. I'd over heard him talking about plans for Jhelom, so I took the opportunity to get the scoop on all the rumors that had been flying around since the mysterious new governor had been elected.

It didn't take long to get him talking, he only paused a moment to frown as all but one of the young women at the table walked away. He quickly told me almost everything I wanted to know with very little provocation, including what the pits will be used for when reopened. He told me that Rorik entrusted him with a plan to restart the gladiatorial Battles in the pits. When I asked him what any of this had to do with the arts he calmly replies, "To Jhelom and it's citizens fighting is a long standing tradition and their heritage, in that way it is a form of art." I felt I couldn't argue with him even though I've only been in Jhelom five years as a reporter I knew he was right. As the night wore on he gave me more of the details which I'll include at the end of my article, he also mentioned other uses that were being discussed for the pit, including a duelers market, which I found a peculiar concept, Apparently it would be a bazaar where anyone could come and peddle their wares with the caveat that if you didn't have the money to play you could challenge the owner of the merchandise to a duel, the merchant would set the rules on fair terms and another merchant would officiate if you won you would get the merchandise if you lost you would pay full asking price. It was late into the night when I came to the conclusion that Governor Rorik and this man Frey had put quite a lot of thought into the heritage of Jhelom and truly seemed to want to see it thrive.

The details:

The Gladiatorial Brawl

All Contestants pay an entrance fee of 50k and fight each other in the pit at the same time, the last man standing will be deemed the winner, there will be no magic allowed all contestants will enter without armor and with a single master crafted weapon of their choice. Throughout the match new weapons and supplies will be thrown into the battle field by officiators. At the end the winner will receive half of all the entrance fees, The other half will go to the City Treasury. The winner will also receive the title of "Gladiator" if they are a Jhelom Resident (Can't promise anything if you are from another town).

The Gladiatorial Series

All Contestants pay an entrance fee depending on the amount of contestants and vote on purse, from 50-500k, the contestants will be sent to a side, there will be no brackets only two sets of gladiators because as Minister Frey put it, "No one comes to a gladiatorial fight to look at a bracket or wonder who will be fighting who, we will give the people what they want, Constant action." Each round one gladiator from each side will be sent out to fight, the winner will be sent back to his pool the loser is out, and this will keep going until one pool runs out of fighters, when there is one pool left they will all come out for a battle royale. The rules for participation for this contest are similar to the Brawl there will be no magic allowed and all warriors will be afforded one Master crafted weapon of their choice. On top of that All warriors will be asked for a preference of armor before hand that they can wear. There will be no magic armor allowed. All armor provided will be made on the spot in advance by one of the several contracted smiths or tailors in Jhelom proper. Throughout the matches Additional supplies will be Dropped into the field By Impartial Officiators.

Beforehand all Contestants will be asked to vote for the size of the purse, the purse will be decided by the size of the entrance fee, Half of all the entrance fees will go to the winner. The winner will also recieve the title "Gladiator Champion" if they are a resident of Jhelom (Again I can't promise anything if you are from another city).

Minister Frey has said He hopes to have everything ready by the 9th, with such short notice may be forced to move his plans back a week or two.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(I'd like to make it clear that this is not an RP exclusive event I very much would like to see anyone who wishes to participate join in, it is very much a PVP centered event and anyone that can follow the rules is welcome to participate, that does not mean there will not be RP'ers and while participating there will be no looting, that being said please dump off everything you own that isn't blessed in a bank box or house before hand to limit possible mishaps. This will be as Drama free as possible, anyone trying to cause problems will be asked to leave and not allowed to participate)

Pandora_CoD

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is this a particular time and day? Just want to know if I need to add it to our calendar. :)

Nyre

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Sounds interesting How are you going to do this on the Felucca side where potentially people could give murder counts? I don't think the Jhelom fighting Pits have the same system as the Dueling arenas

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Sounds interesting How are you going to do this on the Felucca side where potentially people could give murder counts? I don't think the Jhelom fighting Pits have the same system as the Dueling arenas
In the time before the arenas, the host of the event would referee the bouts by requiring that each combatant to go into war mode and target him first. This would cause each fighter to go grey. If you are grey, you can not give murder counts.

Scarst

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was actually considering setting up temporary guilds for entrants, but you do make a very good point about Reds as they may want to participate. As for time it's tentative I'm looking for interests before I set definite dates, I didn't post this earlier due to many people being on X-mas break from game. The only reason I threw out the 9th is because if I gathered interest before then it'd work best for Myself as I pay sub fees on the basis of when I have time+ money to play instead of always keeping it up now and my current sub runs out on the 11th, and the 9th is the day that nothing else is really scheduled, That being said don't think that it wont be held if it's not being held on the 9th, it just may be a week or two later, and at worst will be ran by someone else that's in on it.

In short I'm a busier person now than I was in high school and during my bachelors, so I wont post dates or time until I have a general commitment from at least a few people. If any reds would like to participate or you have any real problem about switching to a temporary guild for highlights please let it be known and then I'll know to set it up in Fel.