• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] Zento to get proper docking facilities!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the discovery of the islands of Tokuno travelers to these fair lands have been frustrated by the lack of wharfs and docks to load and unload their goods for trade. Now, through the efforts of Mayor Lord Kryptman a collection is in process for gathering the materials needed to construct the docks for all to use.

A special box has been installed at The Rusty Anchor Pub at the south end of Zento where donations may be dropped to aid in the effort. It will be, no doubt, a very large docking facility, as Enoch Pearlwind told me that the box will be full when it reaches one and half million plain boards and one million plain ingots.

All of Legends is welcomed to participate in this project. The donation box is open only to friends of the house, but contacting any ZNTO, TMC or FSB guild member will put you in contact with someone who can drop your donation.

Hopefully this will be the start of many projects to improve the lands of Legends with the help of all of us and our EMs Tashik and Helios.

Damia TMC

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Our fair city has been in need of fishing docks and a nice port for a very long time.

Surrounded by water, our young ones grow up learning to fish and sail. It's sad that we have had to send them to other cities to learn the fine art of catching fish. With a proper port and docks our trademen will be able to take their goods to the mainland to be sold. Our Royal Navy will be able to come directly into port for R&R and spend more time with their families. Visitors will be encouraged to come visit our city, and all of our lives will be greatly enriched. Docks seem such a simple thing, and yet for us it opens up a whole new world of possibilities.

We welcome any help you can give, and will, in return help your cities when projects come to your town.

Thank you Mayor Krptman and EM's Helios and Tashik for making this possible. We are working hard (as SA allows) to gather the normal wood and ingots this task requires.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cool. didn't know the EMs were allowed to do cool stuff like that.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and everyone can participate, that's the best part

Omnius, I seem to recall some discussion when the EM program was being rebuilt about their powers increasing over time, and hopefully this will be the start of many shard-wide endeavors that result in places that everyone can point to and say "I helped build that"

(oooops..... edit to add! I will be at the Pub today from 4pm to 5pm est to accept any and all donations!)

K

kryptman

and everyone can participate, that's the best part

Omnius, I seem to recall some discussion when the EM program was being rebuilt about their powers increasing over time, and hopefully this will be the start of many shard-wide endeavors that result in places that everyone can point to and say "I helped build that"

(oooops..... edit to add! I will be at the Pub today from 4pm to 5pm est to accept any and all donations!)
Aye, from my understanding, Legends is sort of a test for bringing this type of personal touch back into game. For one, it has so few of players in regards to RP with FSB (and her allies), and the now barren Ft. Briarwood being but the few known. Going back a couple years, Dragonspine and her Kingdom would have been perfect for this sort of thing. Also, this is not a guild event, it falls in the same category as Luna and its future fairgrounds.

The reasoning for having FSB and TMC to be contacted was due to game mechanics. EM Helios attempted to place the chest at the bank and in other areas, but there were numerous bugs when doing donations. Mesanna, has been busy with the new expansion and has not been able to finish the statue she placed a week or so ago, and therefore not able to place in that house. Due to these issues and a few others, it was placed in one of my houses to be locked down. I added a few people that I knew I could trust not to take advantage of this to my house. By default, they are all in FSB and TMC. ZNTO doesnt count as that me and one other player.

This may very well be the first step in seeing "blessings" returning to the game again. Something I am excited about and have missed ever since I stopped being a Seer, oh so many years ago. I know the EMs are searching for more areas to center stories around and to increase the uniqueness of Legends as a whole. I mentioned to Devils the other night, to begin thinking of some good ideas that they could consider. So, to anyone else that may read this, I ask you to do the same. Lets add more to Legends and make it more our own then ever it was.

K

kryptman

Okay, Helios came through tonight to do a count and here is where we currently stand:

Boards: 995,502

Ingots: 312,227

M

Mephistos

Just wondering if there is a time frame for this to be completed by? With the expansion just coming out, I'm sure not everyone wants to go out mining right now... :)

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
we're off to such a good start, Mephistos :) (and thank you for your donation!) I don't think we'll have any trouble if even a deadline is set, tho I've not heard of such

I'll be at the Pub again tomorrow, Legends, at 4pm to 5pm est, keep those commodity deeds coming in! plain boards and iron ingots only, please!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
No, there is no timeframe.
No timeframe. But wouldn't it be something, if we accomplished this really quickly. Show the EMs we are behind them, and behind improving/customizing our shard, even tho the other shards sometimes overlook us as "low pop". ;)

An excellent showing thus far!

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Collections are coming nicely, well done friends and community.
We still have a shortage of plain iron ingots tho, if you have a quantity, any quantity, you can contribute, it will be a great asset to our shard.

I'll be on and off for quite a while tonight, if you find any member of ELV, FSB, or the allied guilds, they can contact me in Alliance chat and I will come accept what you have.

Thanks!

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If certain banned things were allowed, this would have been a 20 minute process lol.

M

Mephistos

If certain banned things were allowed, this would have been a 20 minute process lol.
I honestly have no idea what you mean by this, but if the shard cant get some plain ingots and plain boards without using some hack/cheat/script, then we don't deserve the port to begin with...

K

kryptman

And for todays count...

**drum roll in background**

Boards: 1,500,000 - Completed

Ingots: 1,000,000 - COMPLETED!!!

Thank you to Damia and Mephistos for handing in a couple of huge donations to top it off this evening. And now....where is that darn EM when you need him, I have a new hammer and a package of nails for him to try out.....

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
holy cow!! what great news to wake up to!

congratulations Legends!!! :thumbup:

K

kryptman

Just to keep everyone up to date, the building of the docks should begin soon. Their construction will occur in a number of different phases before being completed.

**continues to watch the shoreline....."patiently"**

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mr Mayor, do we know exactly where the docks will be located? I had assumed right there where the fisherman now congregate, is that correct?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was hoping it'd be a little down the road so the EM would have more room to play with but anywhere is great. This ought to be an article for the uo stratics main page news under legends. this shard looks anemic on news and we could really ramp things up with shard news to outshine other shards.

K

kryptman

Mr Mayor, do we know exactly where the docks will be located? I had assumed right there where the fisherman now congregate, is that correct?

Yes, the entrance to the dock will be there. As for having enough room to work with, Helios had no troubles there from what little I know. Once completed, they are quite large and should be something that Legends will be proud to call their own. The community as a whole earned this, and I personally can not wait to see the end result.

A

alaina123

*Still waiting with my Fishingpole in my hands*.......what kinda of bait should i use for pixel fish?

M

Mephistos

I think Helios scammed us out of a million ingots and a million and a half of boards.... :(

K

kryptman

LOL, no we were not scammed by the EMs. We did our part in collecting it, and Helios did his part on design and submitting it. Now we are waiting for Mesanna to get some time from her busy schedule to begin the construction process. From what I have been told, this will begin soon.

~And by soon..i guess that means right after i posted..... :)

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Yes, please. It can be challenging to dry dock in Zento.