• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] What kind of news stories would you like to see?

What Kind Of News Stories Would You Like To See?

• Total voters

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
With Halloween over I'd like to get a better idea on what everyone on this forum would personally like to see.
I have plenty of ideas and stories that are actually ready to be posted but I'd like to also make sure I have something for everyone.

A brief description of each poll option

FAQs:
Answers to questions I often see on the forums or in game, like the staining FAQ I posted last month such as what could, or could not be dyed by the new stains.

Tutorials:
How to for various decor you see in game, such as beds and couches.

House Spotlights & Interviews:
Pictorials of houses that you often see people talk about, or homes of people who personally contact one of the reporters to have a tour of their home.
Often the home owners will also be interviewed.

Public Spotlights:
Pictorials of various public homes such as vendor houses, pubs, auction houses, and museums. Again these may be homes we hear about, or that we're contacted by the owners of.

Town Spotlights:
Pictorials of towns across the shards. These may be towns with banners or without. Same story, We may come across the towns on our own or be contacted.

Holiday/Seasonal Deco:
Screen shots and ideas for holiday decorations or season deco such as spring gardens, snowy scenes, fall foliage, etc.

Deco Ideas:
Posts with one specific item or topic in mind.
Such as Kitchens, Bathrooms, Pets, Gardens, Ponds/Rivers.

Other:
If there's something missing from the poll please respond with it.

Please let us know in response here, or pm, what you'd like to see most and why besides answering the poll​

aulbrey

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i voted for deco ideas because i know in my experience i am often looking for ideas for that one room i got no clue what to do with.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Custom house designing… is easily one of the most under-appreciated aspects of the UO system. Custom designs that step outside the GIANT BOX along with decorations and overall function. We have so many wonderful options these days. What's sad… so many people just don’t try. Frankly, I wish I had a working program I could just design houses, save the designs, and share them with out wrecking my own game houses. The test shard is a huge pain to do that and you have no access to décor goodies. Why not share ideas? Why not give hints and clues to our community members and friends?

I’d also love to see a little more effort to call shards to houses that are highlighted on their shards. Get each shard a little more involved. :thumbup1:

As horrible as this idea is… I’d love to see the staff award clever designs with an extra sign that hangs under the main sign of the houses. Like a small pat on the back, way to go, thanks for adding beauty to the neighborhood. These shouldn’t be rare or near impossible to get. On the same note, they should have ugly house awards that “boo” anyone passing-by until the owner gives some kind of effort. Who knows? Maybe some would actually love an ugly house award. Both of these could be nominated by other players in the community or by someone in staff just wondering around. Some effort is better then no effort at all!

Just an idea. :mf_prop:

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so I didn't vote because I doubt it would let me vote for all of them :D

what I'd like to see first is a cleanup of the stickies.. eliminate the posts where the links are dead :) I love going thru those screenshots (yes, I do it a lot, and steal all your ideas!!) but the load time is excruciating and cutting the clutter might help... and while we all love to be stroked, maybe restrict the stickies to posts only pertaining to the subject and leave the compliments to other threads

just for starters, I'll be back ;)

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The stickies will have to be a collaboration between Tazar and I and the moderators. Reporters don't have the ability to change them alone.
But it is something that should get done soon.

We also have a side bar to fill up in the future. [You can see if from clicking a news article for Homes & Castles from the main stratics page.]

Lots of stuff to be worked on ;)