• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS] UOHerald Massively Evil Event

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From UOHerald:

Massively Evil Event
Chrissay Zeeman
23 Mar 2009 17:19:06
This weekend’s massively evil event will require that you be in the Shadowlords faction if you wish to take part. Please remember if you are going to leave your current faction and join the Shadowlords that you should plan ahead as it will take 72 hours to leave your current faction. If you do not want to change factions or if you miss out on the time frame don’t worry, we will have another event for everyone in the near future. Additional details regarding the event will be coming soon.
----------------------------------------------------
Massively Evil Event thread on UHall

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have no desire to particpate in a faction event. I hope those that do will have fun. I will go fishing.

Maelwyn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not Gunner? It's not a big deal really. Maybe bring along a secondary character, insure anything you don't want to lose, and pretty much plan on dieing.

It might just be interesting. Besides, factions can actually be quite fun.

I

Intoxication

dying in PvM= 600gp per insured item
dying in PvP= 300gp per insured item

C

Crystal Canyon

Gunner, your not alone in the decision to not participate in this part of the event. Fel is not for everyone and I understand that for a person that doesnt pvp, going to Fel would be useless. NOt alot you can do when your dead. No one is going to be penalized for not participating in this part of the event.

On the other hand, it makes sense to include Fel and the people who play there into the whole senerio. They too are a part of UO and deserve the chance to participate. There are players whose whole account contain red characters unable to travel to Tram to be a part of this. Besides that, we were told that adding Faction play into this is probably for other reasons also.

Good news is, that this isnt the end. This is only part of what is to come!:)

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm happy to see that the event mods are paying attention to the Fel population. I don't regularly play on that facet but it is an often forgotten portion of the player base when it comes to this stuff. Bravo!

gunneroforgin

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why not Gunner? It's not a big deal really. Maybe bring along a secondary character, insure anything you don't want to lose, and pretty much plan on dieing.

It might just be interesting. Besides, factions can actually be quite fun.
I hear the MIBs calling, I will go fishing unless the guild has some other plans.

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have to log on a blue to come to tram events you guys can come to fel events.

I will be there to fight the shadow loards, as a member of COM its my duty to fight the evil faction.

C

Crystal Canyon

COm killed Clainin? LOL

The event COULD have been alot of fun. The problem was all the "non-Origin" people who was waiting at the location of the main part of the event, so when the whole "6" of us that actually showed up to start the event with the EMs, were taken out from the very beginning. THe place was surrounded with all thier stealthers and so called "we are leaving the shard" players, (that actually just leave characters here in guilds only to come to Origin events).

Its a shame that all the rubble that fell will not be here in the hands of people who play this shard, (unless you pay a few million to thier vendors) but most likely will be taken to, uhmmm, another shard.

I wish there was a way to combat this happening, but I cant think of anything that can be done really. Im just saying it would have really been nice if people of Origin could have had the chance to particpate in something that seemed like it could have been alot of fun.

The explosion looked good though!!! :D

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Clainin made a pass at my wife at the Ye Ole Winery last night, so I had to kill him. You know how that goes...

E

Eyes of Origin

Funny, no one saw you Intox. Hiding out maybe on another char? You said your goodbyes to Origin but yet here you are logging in just for an event. Did you even get a spellbook? Everyone in CoM rolled for the event items afterwards, they always roll on items like that and according to the ppl I know in CoM only 2 spellbooks were turned in and you were not one of the winners.

C

Crystal Canyon

Im sure there will be pictures posted and they usually show names of people participating. Besides, right after the event at the bank, one guy told us he was from another shard and had come to here to participate in the event. He also said that he had gotten rubble.

I think they should put a code on all event items from every shard that keeps the items from being transfered from thier homeshard. That would solve alot of the problem I think. Especially sinse now we have a special place to keep history and things such as event items. It sure would be nice to have some left here to display.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The idea of keeping shard history intact is nice but admittedly I DO like the event rares and items I've collected from other shards. I'm sure there are others too that collect rares and event stuffs who feel the same way. Win some new stuff, lose some shard specific stuff.

I didn't make the event but it sounds as though it was an interesting one! I doubt I would have had the coordination to even attempt PvP this weekend (head colds blow!) :D. I don't fair well even on a good day in that department!

C

Crystal Canyon

Its also funny how you say people from other shards should not be able to win these EM events when you let a item collector from baja win your contest.
I dont understand your idea of "Let" someone from another shard win the contest. He won it fair and square. First, from popular vote of players, and then also from a panel of judges.

And should he have been disqualified because he is an "items collector"? Or because he was from Baja, where I believe you stated you mainly play? He has been here for the last two events as you have also. So, as I see it, he is simply doing the same thing you do. That is to play Baja but come back here for events. What is the difference? What is fair for one must be fair for all.

There were no rules put into place for the contest that stated any entries had to be from players who play only on Origin shard, although I wish there had of been. But, I would certainly like to see that rule apply to Shard events where items can be had that depict something special for the shard.

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiding? i was on Blue Night who is in R. everyone knows me as Blue Night, and as for the spell book i spoke with many others that had gotten them. i even showed mine to atl who also got one. Why would you roll on a already random drop?
Also when i said my good byes i said i would still be here for all the events, the EMs were very happy to hear that. Its also funny how you say people from other shards should not be able to win these EM events when you let a item collector from baja win your contest.

any way i stopped playing here full time so i didnt have to deal with things like this, so this is my last post on the mater.
Well i will say this, we were supposed to roll on everything, if you were a real participating R member u would have known this. The only reason you were able to kill clainin and get one was because we were guarding island and not letting anyone else in. Do you think it is fair that the people who guarded bridge and helped protect you and couldnt kill clainin dont deserve the book but you do? I am thinking some big changes are in place for R. ATL got his on a roll, b/c he was protecting the bridge, not killing clainin.

Latobian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont understand your idea of "Let" someone from another shard win the contest. He won it fair and square. First, from popular vote of players, and then also from a panel of judges.
I suppose that this applies to characters winning rubble from other shards too then. I don't forsee anyway to stop players from other shards from attending Origin events.

Personally, I like having people visit and play with our community. I'm sure people on this shard do the same, attend events elsewhere. For the smaller shard-specific events (the steed contest, for example) it would be kinda cool for permanent residents to get a slice of the pie. But, if few people from Origin (myself included) don't attend it makes keeping items rewarded here even harder. Perhaps by having players come and visit some will decide to stay? We need the traffic!

CassieDarksong

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My offer to buy event items so they stay on Origin is still out there. I'm looking at buying both a spellbook from this event as well as the crystal shards.

I like seeing items stay on Origin.

So if you have items for sale, PM the price...and reasonable too.

I know the events are held when "the majority" of folks can play. Unfortunately, lately, i haven't had time to even log in to stock vendors. Life has just been that busy.

We need to talk to the world regulators and add hours to our days so I can play more >.>

Hi_im_from_atl

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let me clear the air.

I got a book because i hit the champ a few times in between rolling all the tasty SL noobs, then got lucky with a deadly 15 roll.

Now that i read intox's post i think she did tell me about the book beside the healer i belive.

Well **** looks like this whole thing is part my fault, i could have told her we were rolling but i got distracted asap (damn stoners).

Sorry about that intox

I feel dumb =(

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ATL this is not one bit ur fault. U log in vent every day, u participate in guild activities every day. You are a big part of our guild. What is bull**** is when all the hard working people who do everything for the guild get used by people who are only out for themselves as it appears. I dont see any other way to view it. How many people showed up for the event right after it started that I have never seen do jack **** to help us out in any shape form or fashion and they dont know they are supposed to turn **** in because they are never on to log into vent or do nothing. They are just using the guild to do their own thing whenever something comes around and thats it, thats how i see it. And thats bull****. Its not your fault intox didnt know to turn **** in...its intox's fault for not being a real guild member. And whats sad is all the people who put blood sweat and tears into the guild are getting the short end of the stick while people who bring absolutely nothing to the table walk away with the goods and go back to wherever they came from until the next time its time to get things. Call me an ******* but I am rather annoyed with this kind of nonsense from people who call themselves R members. Being a guild member isnt about a tag, its about being their to help out ur guild and be a part of things...I know I would not be pancakes right now if I would have seen intox or nayone else in the same scenario if I had seen them in the field helping us fight or practicing their pvp skills and working together on our teamwork. But the fact of the matter is that isnt happening.

Now someone with experience in our subject please tell me im lying? I think not...

D

Dr.Thompson

im not trying to make excuses.. but blue night was trying to get guilded way before the fighting took place. i was in vent trying to make that happen. i got a few oks but no one guilded her to help us fight. that char is a red dp mage, she field fights with her and drops alot of poison fields, but that does not help when your not guilded so she left

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats just the problem tho, find it kinda funny eveyrone all of a sudden wants to play along side us when event items are involved...

Thats just my main gripe. But its ok DT glad u see where im coming from bro.

I

Intoxication

Guild maters really arent something you should be talking about over startics.

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well tell me where to talk to you about it, i never see you on origin, vent, automap, or guild chat. Thanks

L

Lady Tiger

looking to buy those drops pm me and yes i'll be transfering them off Origin to Baja :)