• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Typical Sunday at Despise - A small scale fight

S

Spoz

This is a story set in Felucca, where player vs player (PvP) combat is allowed. Fights here usually do not involve too many people but are notoriously vicious with multiple deaths from players until one side gains a clear upper hand. I want to report on a fairly standard small scale battle which lasted about 45 minutes. This is my story, as told from my viewpoint.

Despise dungeon is often a focal point for PvP since Baracoon the piper spawns here - an easy champion with excellent rewards. I therefore often patrol the dungeon to see if anything interesting is happening and anyone is in need of help.

I stumbled upon a solitary innocent who was completing the spawn. However I also spotted out the corner of my eye Des Mani from -TS+, an active and aggressive Felucca guild. I knew that some action would happen so called in some alliance members to help out.

We were too late to save the player from the clutches of murderers, however we would try to avenge his death. Intense field fighting occurred with a 3v3 consisting of myself, ScrivenerDeGrace and Sir Vandirf against EmO ElItE, Alice In Chains and Linus.

Unfortunately our -TS+ opponents had the upper hand, and we were unable to kill them all, despite several attempts (and many deaths). We were just about to withdraw gracefully when two Minox members wandered through, ICP Feelucky and Die Die Die Newb from AJB.

Seizing the chance, an uneasy truce formed between ourselves and the newcomers while me made a group push against the alter. Breaking through and combining our attacks we were swiftly able to drop the outnumbered -TS+ members and take the spawn.

Killing the boss was easy and we were rewarded with a shower of gold, some skill scrolls and I was lucky enough to get a swamp tile.

Thus ends another typical Despise spawn on Lake Superior. One where it changed hands constantly and through sheer luck we were able to take control and finish it. If it is any consolation to -TS+ all the scrolls we got were worthless, however the swamp tile I received more than made up for the losses incurred from dying so many times.

For those interested, I would be happy to be a guide to a small group or guild that would like an expedition to Felucca. We could attempt a champion spawn and hopefully receive some much sought after powerscrolls. Feel free to PM me if interested.

-Spoz, Lord Justicar, [noparse][WoR][/noparse]

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol spoz, I like how you only post screenshots of you actually killing someone and leave out the 10+ corpses of yourself, scriven, and whatever other trammies you scrounge up.

S

Spoz

Only 10 corpses of us guys? I'm sure it was more than that!

Scriven holds the record for most deaths at that spawn though hehe ;)

S

Spoz

Good to know you read my post Vyal.

Which character(s) do you happen to play so I know for future! I would like to get everyone in the spotlight at some point in time!

Xabian

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lol spoz, I like how you only post screenshots of you actually killing someone and leave out the 10+ corpses of yourself, scriven, and whatever other trammies you scrounge up.
Wow, a bunch of scrounged up trammies took the raid from you. I'd say maybe your just upset you lost the champ to trammies.

If you can do better reporting do it, rather than complaining about it. SPOZ just assumed this role and will get better as time permits.

Good work! SPOZ congrats for taking on this new role.

S

Spoz

Well having no news is a sad state of affairs - so I will cover any news I find. I would love for anyone to send me news etc - I'll happily cover trammel, felucca or anywhere else if its interesting. Consider it a spotlight for your guild or person. I shall of course try to cover other events that I attend (such as EM or community hunts), however I am not always on that late, and there are other reporters that can do that - I'm one of the few that frequents Fel. Feel free to invite me to things though - you'll find I'm a fair warrior!

News can be emailed at [email protected]

S

Spoz

It saddens me that more people from other shards who have abandoned LS are posting in this thread than people who play the shard!

And I hope from when I played years ago factored into the decision - I have always attempted to maintain the reputation of being fair honest to most people :)

S

snowbunny024

I still maybe new to this shard, and sometimes I kick myself in the a$$ for taken 2 acct's here. After all I played with 2 of UO bigger guild's on a "shard" that other "toon's" call dead. Sonoma Rock's!! I played in PAS and COP. A ton of fun was had by all:thumbup1: After 9mth's here I have seen a few ok thing's and some not so.... But all in all, I've come to enjoy my new shard. It's kinda funny tho when ya come from a much hated Mnx group(sonoma) and happen to find the only small guild that no matter what, or who is present, Our lil Guild get's targeted, all the while ya have Mnx and SL just shooting the brezze :grouphug: And now after watching it today that TS just hands out a TS tag to just about anyone that ask's for it. Smart move!! No wunder no one care for your guild (ts) Des Mani. Look forward to killing you alot more. Your so soft at just the fact that when ya get dumbed on and die from our group that you just log right out and leave your guildy's to die. Gotta love it tho.

S

snowbunny024

Now go figure. You would have to pose such a question as ya did. But why? Ya dont care for the "treatment' or you see that with Vyal and his lil company of killers, that your lil boys group dosent stand a chance in hell? Face it, you sux!:party:

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do any of your posts hold a consistent thought in mind? Seems to me like you just ramble on and on.