• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[NEWS:] Tuesday's Zoo Spawn will be at Bedlam

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This Tuesday's Zoo spawn will take us back to Bedlam! (or take us there for the first time for those that haven't been before)

Date: Tuesday, February 17th 2009

Time: Meeting At: 7:30pm EST
Leaving At: 7:50pm EST
Spawn Starts At: 8:00pm EST

Spawn: Bedlam

Meeting Point: Tram Yew Gate (old "Friday Night Hunt" meet up spot)

This is a Champion Spawn that many people have never done before and should prove very challenging to complete. So if you are looking for something a little different come join the Zoo Spawn Group and have a night you will not forget. Just remember all the gold and SOTs that fall go towards helping keep the Zoo up.

To enter Bedlam you must complete the following quest first.
Go to Umbra and find the NPC “Aernya Mistress of Admissions” whom can be found outside the Bloodletter building. (This building can be found in the South West part of the city.) Start off by talking to her and accept the “Tuition Reimbursement Quest”. She will send you to talk to “Gorrow the Mayor” who can be found at the Luna Bank. He will start you on the quest “You Scratch My Back” where you must bring him back 1 Unicorn Rib, 2 Ka-Rin Brains and 5 Pixie Legs. You will lose tons of karma killing these creatures to recover the desired items, so you may want to either use a evil character such as a necromancer or outright buy them from a player ran vendor. Once you have collected the items mark them as quest items and return to see Gorrow. He will sign your tuition reimbursement and you can return to see Aernya in Umbra. She will start you on a new quest called “Not Quite That Easy” and this quest will let you enter Bedlam now.

To enter Bedlam go into the bloodletter building and find the iron maiden that sits in the north west corner. Double clicking the iron maiden and you will enter the Bedlam area. (If you wish to complete the “Not Quite That Easy” quest you should go to the building that is a bit north West of the swamp in the middle and find “Master Gnosos the Necromancer” in it. ) When entering Bedlam be ready to hide, invisible yourself or flee back out the door because the spawn can be very heavy in there.

The Bedlam Champion spawn (Sometimes refered to as the “Pestilence Spawn”.) can be found in the bottom level of an crypt that can be found in a graveyard that is west of the entrance. The Champion Spawn area is small and very confined, and if you leave through the crypt entrance chances are there will be monsters waiting on you. Thus making this spawn one of the tougher ones to complete.

Below is a list of the creatures that spawn as you level it up.
Level 1:boglings and plague spawn
Level 2: plague beasts and bog things
level 3: plague beast lords and interred grizzles
level 4: fetid essences and pestilant bandages
Champion: Ilhenir the Stained.

With the champion spawns having a chance at dropping items you also may earn one of the following items: Necromancer Shroud, Oblivion's Needle, Detective Boots, LT sash, Plague Beast Statue and an Red Death Statue.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Having completed that spawn for the first time yesterday (after multiple failures), I'd like to take my inexperience and turn it into advice.

1. A warrior who has to stand in one place will have trouble with interred grizzles and Ilhenir himself.
2. Bring scissors and a dagger. Paralyzing plague beast lords is much faster and safer than killing them.
3. Everything down there is weakest to cold damage.
4. There are no slayer weapons which will help except maybe against the pestilent bandages.
5. Stick and move. Stick and move. Standing still on any level is a mistake.
6. When running through acid, your armor will get destroyed. It only destroys your armor to single digits, then does no further damage apart from the regular kind of damage. So bringing your best suit may be a mistake. Bringing replica armor (new cloaks) is definitely a mistake.

And talking from experience, it may be a good idea for the event coordinators to have a supply of kirin brians, unicorn ribs and pixie legs on hand for those who forgot to do the quest.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will probably have enough for 6 people...I would guess most have done the quest though.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Corvak just look me, or Anne or Valland up tonight. All you need to do is part of the quest.

Talk to Arenya in Umbra,
She sends you to talk to Garrow at luna bank.

He wants you to collect some items (I already have a set I can give you)

You mark them as quest items in your back pack and go back to Garrow.

He then gives you a piece of paper to get down into Bedlam.

That is where you stop. Most never finish the quest...it isn't worth it, and all you really want is access to Bedlam.

If you gather your own quest items, it may take you an hr to complete...with my pre-gathered items it will take 5 mins.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I took my necro champer to Oaks spawn to harvest body parts Sunday morning...she was Dread before I was done...heheheh

C

Corvak

Being a paladin, karma hits hurt my chiv abilities, heheh. Glorious is where it's at.