• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] Truth. Courage. Honor.

G

<div style='width:99%;background-color:#FFFFFF;'> <div style="width: 95%; text-align: center; background-image: url('http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/siege/divider_frosty.gif'); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat;"> </div> <table summary='' style='width:95%;border:solid 2px blue;margin:10px 10px 10px 10px;'> <tr> <td> <table summary='' style='border:solid 1px blue;width:100%;background-color:#000000;'> <tr> <td style='width:130px;text-align:left;'>
</td> <td style='text-align:center; color:#FFFFFF;'>
</td> <td style='width:130px;text-align:right;'>
</td> </tr> </table> </td> </tr> </table> <div style="width: 95%; text-align: center; background-image: url('http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/siege/divider_frosty.gif'); background-position:center;background-repeat:no-repeat;"></div> <table summary='' style='width: 95%; border: solid 1px blue; padding: 10px 10px 10px 10px; margin:10px 10px 10px 10px;'> <tr> <td style='padding:10px 10px 10px 10px;'> <table style='width: 100%; border: solid 2pt blue; padding: 15px 15px 15px 15px;'> <tr> <td> <div style='width:100%;background-color:#000000;color:#FFFFFF;font-family:Arial;font-size:12pt;'>
<span style='font-family: Arial; font-size: 30pt; font-weight: bold;'>T</span>he old blind man stood before his friend and leader, slack-jawed with shock and horror.

"Nay, sire! It cannot be! Say tis not so! There must be another way!"

The old warrior placed a firm hand on Otto's shoulder, shaking his head, although he knew the movement would not be seen.
"My dear friend, there IS no other way. We Knights of the Silver Serpent have ever done our duty, no matter the cost, no matter how high the price. But, if I do not walk this path, then the price would be too high for even me to endure."

They stood in mutual silence, both knowing that the end of an era had come.

Then, the Knight Commander spoke:
"Sir Otto, as the highest ranking Knight still to walk the land, I pass to you the sword of leadership. I do not envy you the road ahead. What was once a mighty legion of knights, mages, and other warriors, is now a faint ember of what it was. But, that ember still burns. Do your best. No one can ask more."

"My destiny calls, as do the voices of those I love more than life itself. Be safe, and be true!"

And, with a final salute, Lord Py Lethius turned, and stepped through a glowing portal, to a strange land beyond. A land devoid of magic, but filled with strange devices, and stranger people.
The land of the Spirit Realm. The land where his closest kin awaited him with open arms.

The old miner weighed the sword that had been placed in his hand. It seemed to glow with energy, but more so, with the power of the legend that had been written by Py Lethius.

Turning to the window, with a heavy heart, he called to the townsfolk below.
"Good people of Sosaria, lend me your ears!"

There was a brief shower of severed ears, swiftly scooped up by the deranged mayor of Luna, but then Otto could hear the townsfolk standing attentively below.

"Good friends, countrymen, and citizens of Sosaria, I bring you dark tidings.
On this day, did Lord Py Lethius set foot on the path that leads away from our lands for the final time.
He lives yet - do not mourn his passing in that way - but it is safe to say that this is a quest from which he will most likely not return.
Join with me then, in a moment's silence, to honor this great man, who did so much for our lands!"

A stunned silence fell over the crowd below.

Then, one by one, the people came forward, bringing tales of valor, memories of encounters with the great man, and word of lives he had saved, monsters he had driven back, all in their defence.

Join with me now, good friends of Siege, and let us remember Py Lethius, and all he was to us, in his time here - on Siege Perilous.

<table summary='' style='width: 100%; border: solid 1px blue;'> <tr> <td style='text-align: center;background-color:#000000;color:#FFFFFF;font-family:Arial;font-size:15pt;'> Please do not misunderstand, good people. This is not an obituary. Nothing serious has happened to Py.
This is a farewell, and an opportunity to honor one of the great men of Siege.

Events in his life have become such that he can no longer walk the dusty paths of Siege Perilous.
As the life he lived with us here was honorable, so too are his reasons for saying farewell.

So, let us do honor to all he meant to us, and all he did for Siege! </td> </tr> </table>

Blind Otto turned from the window, and pondered the sword in his hand once more.

"You know," he remarked to no one in particular, "I could have sworn I was a miner and blacksmith."

He sheathed the sword, and stood up.
"Well, miner, knight, or, if they'll have me, Knight Commander, one thing is certain. As long as I draw breath, KSS will not die!"

From a far off land, came a familiar voice, sounding the Knights war cry

<span style='font-family: Arial; font-size: 16pt;'>SOL INVICTUS!</span>

</div> </td> </tr> </table> </td> </tr> </table>

<div style="width: 95%; text-align: center; background-image: url('http://uo.stratics.com/newspics/siege/divider_frosty.gif'); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat;"> </div>

<span style='width:100%;color:#000000;background-color:#FFFFFF;'> When I first encountered Py Lethius, I was still a member of [NEW].
VmP had surrounded the guildhouse, and were casting poison fields and other spells inside.
Thankfully, this was in the days before the Samurai lands were discovered, and before the Elves had returned, with their natures furies and other spells.
Still, there were no [NEW] leaders around, and none of us had enough skill to resurrect each other if we died.

Then, this wave of blue warriors arrived, cutting the vampires down in their path, and sending them howling off into the caves and shadows of the northern mountains.

They were led by a grey-haired commander, who made a bee-line for WyRm, the leader of the vampires.
Yelling his battle cry, and flanked by two healers, he made short work of the vampire lord.
Once the last vampire was dead or fled, the Knights of the Silver Serpent entered the guild house, to heal the wounded, raise the dead, and, once all had calmed down enough, spent their time offering training advice, supplying resources, and providing encouragment.

Truly, an inspiration. He fought with honor, and insisted on the highest standards from those who followed him.
He refused to allow dry looting, mount killing, or rez-killing.
No member of KSS was ever to call on guards against an enemy.
Enemies were always to be resurrected when possible and treated with honor.

And that is just one handful of examples of his standards. More can be read here.
But, I will leave it to you to tell your own tales of this fine man, and good friend.
Or, as the case may be to some of you, worthy foe.

So, let us hear it - what are your memories of Py Lethius, people of Siege? Bring us your pictures, your memories, your tributes - to give a fitting farewell to this living legend of Siege!

</span> </div>

S

Sir Ha-ward

<blockquote><hr>

but filled with strange devices, and stranger people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like my bedroom before i got married ....

G

I have no tale to tell as I rarely fought alongside him, but I salute the former Knight Commander and wish him all the best on his spirit's journey.

G

Upon entering this strange land now almost 4 years ago this coming spring, one of the first player run events I attended as a new one here not even in NEW yet, was a festival of events near Minoc, in a town called Amnity.

Twas there I had first met the 'voice of thunder' as I had called him. The village leader whom we know as Aeric/ Ginsu and other kin, also was a voice of thunder in his own right as well. One of his guest speakers in the chapel was Lord Py Lethius whom spoke. After hearing his speech, I forever called him ........'the voice of thunder' from that day forward. Eloquent of speech yet full of will and thunder surely full of honor as a knight and knight commander and leader of Knights of Justice should be. A voice to be reckoned with.

I was very new here, and merely a crafter to be, yet in my heart of hearts I had hoped somehow I would one day become useful and befitting of belonging to Knights of Justice and KSS. It later turned out that I was to become part of them, and part of me will always be a part of them within my heart. Yet I will nary forget the first encounters of myself with the voice of thunder, Py Lethius in Amnity that festival day.

I have also told a story in the Shire and beyond a remake of the battle of the boyne which has won first prize in many a story telling events on this shard and beyond, I wrote it and still tell it every spring, tis about knights of justice, their beliefs and fighting for what is right, in the face of injustice even when that injustice makes them...outcast or outlaws. Where there is no voice, injustice takes hold and wins, someone must fight for what is right, one way or another or what is right never gets to see the light of day nor justice get to breathe.

Sol Invictus Sire Lord Py Lethius *salutes* Siege and beyond, lack much without the blue and silver riding about on patrol, enmasse doing their job for what is just..with honor and courage to do so.
--------------------

Reprint of the Remake of the Battle of the Boyne, which I wrote as Knight *crafter* Miranda, dedicated written for Py and the KSS and told at story night at the Shire and beyond every spring.
---------

Remake of the Battle of the Boyne

A Kingly host loom'd upon the stream
A monarch, and his troops camped all around
upon our fair Britania, it's uplands far and wide
dwarfed by his gray palacial pavilion crowned.

Not long ago our sky unclouded showed,
beneath the sparkling sun sol ray,
that a gentle stream of blue silver freely flowed
to meet it's virtuous people, each newborn day.

Suddenly Thunder ! Lord British's cannons!! BOOM !
Echoing thunderous, his injustice is shown
Whilst a certained sulphurous cloud doth loom
and moved along, tyranny upon the virtuous twas thrown!
And knight and horse lie in mingled mass
irregardless of all life.
With furious ardor onward the wounded doth pass
to fight this deadly conflict and strife.

Not at all strange, that with such ardant flame
these knights of blue silver, their hearts beat high
their battle word by name was "Mithras "
Their battle cry was for justice liberty, "Sol Invictus" !
Oward they went, onto Ouldebrit, these silver blue clad folowers of Mithras,
amid sounds of thunder and death unwonted rang
all heard and seen the mighty clang.

Their blue silver stream turn'd crimson, wide
and clogged with many a corpse.
Floating down the stream's gentle tide
corpses of knight, citizen, and horse
Now fiercer grows this battle's rage..
yon guarded stream IS crossed.
And hand to hand and blade to blade,fighting, a king whom betrayed us,
hand to hand blade to blade..shouting Sol Invictus !

!!! HE FALLS HE FALLS their knight commander falls !
He whom protected the sacred scrolls in the sacred walls.
Then they, their battle mages and knights of virtue brave,
this persecuted silver serpent band
who foremost rushed amid the hostile wave
for a time gained that hostlile strand of land.
They bleed, mighty Mithras they bleed !!
For them please help them Mithras ye must intercede.
This can not be the end of their virtuous career.

And then that well contested strand o'land
Lord British's successive waves of troops doth gain,
Whilst the Knights of the Silver Serpent died in pain.
Driven back across that blood soaked plain,
Drew their blue silver swords one last time, in vain
And the knights their lives and breath the king, did fling
and they perished' fighting the unjust King.

OH!! What better cause ??
Thy witness is boldly shown
upon the blood soaked ground
that tyranny must be over thrown !
Thy bravest and choicest fell, to unjust cannons sound.

There is no shame, ye abandoned not the fray
Ye fought injustice and tyranny this day.
Labeled now as crimminals by Injustice's laW,
Yet ye fight ye deaths shine as witness to all,
The Truth !

So sing !
Yes sing !
Sing harrah harrah for Liberty, sing harrah !
For freedom's sword must continue to draw
to dare to battle those unjust in power on high
so let ye blue silver banners fly
With grateful hearts, remember to celebrate
Truth Honor and Courage are never out of date.

So sing !sing Harrah harrah for freedom's flame
Even in death, the flame will always be rekindled again
and again and again will be fought to the death, for what is right
can not be killed, tis now and forever in spirit and hearts of men this night !

Something the unjust ones, can never really fathom, nor control
that the will to bring truth and justice burns in every heart and soul,
such a will can nary be killed,

for Liberty and Freedom and Justice..... is everyone's birthright !

*salutes*

G

golfnutt64

i have been on uo for some time....from 99-06. and i can safely say, the most esteemed guild to walk the lands was KSS. I badly wanted to be in KSS...and never quite made it. My last few months in siege for leaving i finally got to meet the Py...what a guy! fearless...approachable....trustworthy...honored...giving....humble....fun... passionate...are just a few qualities i can think of right off the top. I met up with Mathias..who introduced me to Py. All i can say is siege has lost possibly one of its greatest members in the history of the game.
Py you and your legacy will be missed dearly!

Blind Otto,
the virtues that Py had i also follow in game and in RL. lending a helping hand! feeding the poor, healing the wounded and sick, fighting evil! I do not join guilds very often...and infact since i have been back( 2 weeks now) have yet to join one. I would be honored to bear the name KSS with mine if you so choose...
Malachi---- was once ( ICEMAN)

may i clear the air?? i have heard that in recent months iceman has not been well....himself... i did sell that account back in late 05 i believe....and i have been informed that the new owner had looted many house ice was friended to...for this i apologize for not giving proper warning to all my friends....

i have been gone for just over a year...and have tried a few different games...and none compare to UO...so there will be no "next time" for me....ill be a part of Uo until they unplug their servers!

Is there a remote chance Py might be back to vist from time to time?
Truth.Courgae.Honor
MalachI

G

Otto...the KSS torch is in good hands, just try not to set people on fire with it as you stumble around. We already have a pyromaniac for a dev on the loose, blind torch waving RPers are quite another thing.

I know Py struggled for the last few years with trying to juggle real life concerns such as a growing (and growing!) family, job, etc. with the virtual world, and he has made the best choice in terms of his time as far as I'm concerned, but it is sad for the passing of another bit of UO history. I was digging around looking for MJ's(?) poem "The Lay of Lethius" to post as a tribute, but could not find the text in the archives. I have an in-game book copy of it in my house but don't have access to that at the moment.

I did however, find this old story I wrote, not long after one of Py's returns from his lengthy other world wanderings. It is an RP retelling of in-game events. I think it is fitting, since it features several things that have passed from UO: Magincia as we knew it, and the in-game presences of Py, Wulf, and Rykus.

-Skylark

<blockquote><hr>

Skylark peeked around the weathered plaster and wood corner of the small mage shop, near the southeastern inn of Magincia. A large mass of armored guards in polished golden plate and garbed in the colors of the True Britannians were clustered in front of the building. Their voices were loud above the clanking of metal, and jingling of harness as they untied their horses from hitching posts in front of the inn and began to mount up for their morning patrol. Magincia had no proper stable, which seemed unbelievably silly considering the amount of mounted military traffic that regularly passed through.

Skylark had been watching the guards for several days as they occupied the city. They were loud and arrogant - blocking thoroughfares and jostling peaceful shoppers who came to purchase magical supplies from the well known shops. What concerned her most, though, was the treatment they gave to their beautiful mounts. The poor things were given no rest that she could see, unless one counted often being tied up in the hot sun for hours on end with no feed or water, whenever the brutes weren't riding about on them in their heavy armor, that is. As she watched, one of the guards, an officer by his uniform, struck his horse in the head as it shied away from his attempt to mount it. The horse was jet black, but the coat that should have been shining in the morning sun appeared a bit dull and unkempt. Clearly the poor creature had gone a long time without a proper brushing. A couple of the other guards, already mounted, laughed as the horse attempted to break away, and the angry owner grabbed at the trailing reins, and jerked the horse's head around roughly to regain control. He glared at the lower ranks, stifling their amusement as finally he mounted. It did not speak well of their military discipline much less their care for the animals that made their work easier.

"Spying, are you?" came a voice from behind her.

Startled, Skylark let out a little gasp, and turned around to see a face she recognized.

"Good morning Lord Wulf," she said politely, then added for good measure, "and I was not spying I was merely looking."

"Yes, I see," he said agreeably, "As all people do, while hiding behind building corners." He leaned to take a peek around the corner himself. "Looks like this town has gone to the dogs." he commented on seeing the milling faction guards in front of the inn.

"So it would seem. And I wouldn't think it would be too safe a place for you to be right now," Skylark gestured towards the Council of Mages insignia he wore proudly over his ice blue robes.

Wulf made a sound that was part laugh, part grunt. "When I see something threatening, I'll consider leaving."

He ran his hand over the hilt of his sword. "I had thought to get some breakfast, but likely it is all contaminated now by the breath of True Britannians. Maybe a morning workout will do instead." There was a glint in his eyes that didn't bode well for the peace of Magincia.

"Uh, well a nice bit of exercise in the morning is generally good for one's health," Skylark agreed. "I myself prefer a walk."

"Walking is good, I suppose," Wulf said noncomittally. "Riding is better, though."

Skylark's attention was drawn back to the guards who were nearly ready to depart for their patrol. She glared at the officer on the black stallion. "Riding is fun, although some do not deserve the privilege."

"Fine mounts being ridden by swine does seem to be against the order of the universe," Wulf agreed.

"I thought you liked chaos," Skylark said in surprise.

"Only when I create it," was the flat reply. "Anyway, I suspect a few horses are going to be riderless very soon. Do you know of anyone who might be able to care for them?"

"You are going to dismount those guards?" she asked.

Wulf grinned, "It does make them easier to stab that way."

"I can imagine, but there are so many of them."

Wulf shrugged, and began to remove his sword. "Not even challenging." Before he had completed the motion, however, the air around them began to shimmer, and just a few feet away, a glowing blue portal opened, and a dazzling figure in white emerged. As the brilliant light of the portal faded, Skylark recognized the emaciated figure of Sularis, draped in robes so white they were almost painful to look at.

"Now there is a challenge," Wulf said with grim satisfaction. His sword cleared the scabbard with a scraping sound, as he faced the undead lord. "Hail, lapdog of Minax," he said, polite tones belying the insult.

Sularis sat unflinching on his ghostly white cu sidhe and considered his foe. "Return greetings, Council cur," he replied with equal politeness. Sularis' dark gaze shifted to Skylark. "And a good morning to you, miss. It is strange company I find you in."

"Good morning, Lord Sularis. And actually the company is quite charming. When he isn't stabbing one, that is."

"Indeed," was the emotionless reply. "I think your companion and I may both be rather unwelcome hereabouts at the moment. The stench of the True Britannians covers Magincia."

"As to that, I was just about to clear some of the air, when you interrupted," Wulf said, sounding bored. "But I think acquiring a white dog pelt for the entrance of my keep may be a more productive use of my time."

Sularis grinned. "You are welcome to try." A small spark of energy escaped from his right hand as he said this.

At that moment, the officer commanding the sloppy contingent of Britannian guards finally gave the order to move out for patrol.

Wulf paused. "On second thought, how about we delay our game for a bit, lich, and clean up the streets first?"

Sularis nodded graciously. "My pleasure."

Together they turned towards the approaching guards.

A short while later there were indeed a number of lovely, free mounts running about the streets of Magincia. Skylark focused her attention first on calming the black stallion which had been ridden by the cruel Britannian officer. It was far more noble a breed than any horse which could be purchased by the ordinary citizens of Sosaria. Although she knew he was fond of his old battle scarred horse, she could envision Castor riding the black into battle, his fiery cloak possibly made a bit more bearable in contrast to its midnight coat. The other liberated mounts were also beautiful but they had short, shaggy coats of a deep charcoal color and jet black manes. Speaking in a soothing tone, and holding out an apple, she had succeeded in getting the black horse's attention. Before long, she was close enough to put her hand on the long black strands of its mane. At first it shied from her hand as if fearing a blow, but she continued to soothe it, and held the apple out in her flattened palm where it could reach. As it munched in contentment, she began to remove the saddle, with some difficulty. The horse had finished the apple and turned its head toward her as if in curiosity as she struggled with the straps. Finally she gave a push, and the heavy assembly of leather hit the ground with a thud. She removed the bridle and gave the truly free horse a friendly pat. She knew the horse would respond to her directions now, without any external coercion.

She had a herd of gray ponies assembled with the black by the time Wulf and Sularis returned, some splatters of blood, and dirt marring their elegant robes. "I see you have the creatures well in hand," Sularis commented. She nodded. Really, though, she had no idea how she was going to care for them all, her stables were already rather full. As if sensing her dilemma, he continued, "perhaps a bit too many for one lady to care for?" he asked. "Well...I was trying to think of how I might find stable room for them all," she admitted. "I have room in my stables for a few of them, if needed." he offered. Skylark was relieved. "That would be a great help." Sularis looked over the small herd. He also was highly skilled in handling animals, and spent little time separating a few. "I will take these, if that is acceptable." Skylark nodded in agreement. Sularis whistled softly, and the horses he had selected trotted to his side.

Wulf coughed to get his attention. "The streets are clean, lich. Now about that new rug for my keep..."

Sularis smiled, showing teeth. "I have promised the lady that I will see that these creatures are properly settled. Perhaps we can discuss the matter of decor for your keep another day?"

Skylark held her breath during the long moments while the two warriors gazed at each other in silence. In spite of their violent ways, she had no desire to watch them spill each other's blood.

Finally, Wulf nodded. "Agreed," he said. "I can wait."

Sularis smiled. "I have all eternity." With a few words of power, a blue portal opened up behind him. He stepped through, the horses following behind, and vanished.

Later, as she looked over the horses, which were comfortably stabled with fresh hay and oats at hand, Skylark pondered who might best be served by such elegant mounts. The black was destined for Castor, of course, but that left several others to suitably place. It was a tough decision, as surely there were none like them in all the lands, of such noble breed, and liberated by a temporary alliance between sworn enemies. There were the good folk of the Shire, and Iantown, the courageous Seekers of Righteousness, warriors of the Wakayama clan, and many others she knew in the lands, who were worthy of such...but where would they serve best? She closed her eyes and focused her awareness on the animals, trying to sense what would make them happiest. Suddenly a vision came to her of white fields and towering mountain peaks, the gray horses thundering over frozen turf, manes flying in the cold air, kicking up ice and snow as the echoes of their passing reverberated from rocky walls. She could see figures robed in deep blue carrying enameled blue shields emblazoned with silver engravings, riding on their backs. Opening her eyes, Skylark found the gazes of all the horses fixed on her. They were indeed happy with this vision. And what an irony, that the most fitting mounts for the Regent of Wintermoor, and its recently returned Lord would be provided by one of their most ancient of enemies. Smiling, she left the stable, closing the doors firmly behind her. She had letters to write.

[/ QUOTE ]

P

pikon198

hehehe, look at em essays (much to long to read). A simple goodbye, or as Iki posted,
would suffice.

P

pikon198

<blockquote><hr>

VmP had surrounded the guildhouse, and were casting poison fields and other spells inside.Thankfully, this was in the days before the Samurai lands were discovered, and before the Elves had returned, with their natures furies and other spells. Still, there were no [NEW] leaders around, and none of us had enough skill to resurrect each other if we died.

Then, this wave of blue warriors arrived, cutting the vampires down in their path, and sending them howling off into the caves and shadows of the northern mountains.They were led by a grey-haired commander, who made a bee-line for WyRm, the leader of the vampires. Yelling his battle cry, and flanked by two healers, he made short work of the vampire lord.

Once the last vampire was dead or fled, the Knights of the Silver Serpent entered the guild house, to heal the wounded, raise the dead, and, once all had calmed down enough, spent their time offering training advice, supplying resources, and providing encouragment.

[/ QUOTE ]

BlindOtto looks around at the vampires storming the rampants of the NEW keep. Otto closes his eyes and says a silent prayer for help...

*action music starts playing*

Do you believe in heaven above
do you believe in love.
Don't tell a lie
don't be false or untrue
it all comes back to you.

Open fire on my burning heart
I've never been lucky in love.
My defences are down a
kiss or a frown
I can't sunrive on my own.

If a girl walks in
and carves her name
in my heart
I'll turn and run away.
Everyday we've all
been led astray
it's hard to be lucky in love.
It gets in your eyes
it's making you cry
Don't know what to do
don't know what to do.
You're looking for
love calling heaven
above.

Send me an angel
send me an angel
right now
right now.
Send me an angel
send me an angel
right now
right now.

Empty dreams can
only disappoint in
a room behind your
smile.
But don't give up
don't give up
you can be lucky in love.
It gets in your eyes
it's making you cry
dont know what to do
dont know what to do
looking for love
calling heaven above

Send me an angel
send me an angel
right now
right now.
Send me an angel
send me an angel
right now
right now

send me an angel
send me an angel
right now
right now
send me an angel
send me an angel
right now
right now.

And Py saves the day! lol.

G

<blockquote><hr>

BlindOtto looks around

[/ QUOTE ]

Pssst...he is called "Blind Otto" for a reason.

-Skylark

R

Rykus

That was a great day. I always thought it fitting that Py and Rykus had twin horses from that lot. I still have both of the ones I left with that day.

Many great people have left Siege over the years, but there is a short list of people I have really hated to see leave. Py is now added to this list, along with others like Wulf and Dagashi.

*salutes*

G

It seems to be the way of the world these days. I say farewell to Py, but even more I thank you Otto for taking over. We used to be the people in the shadows. It seems fate has other plans for us, and who are we to seek battle with fate.

We are the new guardians of honor in a world in turmoil, we will do our predecessors honor, no doubt.

Kind regards

G

I can remember an incident long long ago now it seems, and yet said incident created issues for my *former* guildleader and the current guildleader. Some of that had spilled over to this forum, and when my Knight commander asked me for my thoughts as a woman,,,,, I smiled and said quietly, Sire sir, as a woman in ye midst may I say then, do not get me former guildmistress back up against the wall, me think she very strong willed and YE sir may loose ! * I think of it as a moment of the battle of wills of the Pys* of Siege back then. hehe

He grinned.

I said, I nary like wussie guild leaders ye know that, I picked to join her first ya know, I then ended up joining with you.........need I say more !

I think they both ended up going to their respective corners like giant dragons opting not to continue their war of words at that moment, unsure which of them might be left standing ye pretty sure they each would be the one to survive...yet diplomatically they went to their own corners.......... and I thought aye true leaders both something like the gambler song..ya got to know when to show em know when to throw em........fight or exit or both with dignity !

I wish ye luck too carrying on in the shoes of a legend as well. No easy task for anyone to step in the shoes of their predeccessors *sp*, especially here on Siege !

G

It was a fun day...I really thought it would be neat to see KSS patrolling together in their standard blue, riding matching charcoal faction mounts.

That was an easy story to write as I really didn't do much more than follow my chat log. Wulf actually did say this to me in game, when I mentioned all the TB guards everywhere:

"When I see something threatening, I'll consider leaving."

When interesting &amp; creative people get together in game, the results are generally fun. Like Dagashi's tax ledgers, I always enjoyed reading Py's patrol reports.

Here is one I found particularly amusing.

-Skylark

G

Aye, tis a great loss to our lands. Still, as I said, his reasons for leaving are honorable - and most certainly do not include trivialities such as new forms of Warcraft, strange Dungeons full of Dragons, or Falling into the Dark.

To all those who have wished me good tidings with KSS, or have queried where to from here - thank you, and I ask that ye be patient a short while longer, while I attempt to get my head around matters of leadership, as well as clock-juggling!
Hmm. Not to mention a few sig changes. *takes out braille paintbrush*

KSS will not die. Not while I draw breath!

G

I have no words here worth saying. There was a time when Py Lethius and I fought together. I unfortunately targeted him a lot. I will miss his slow ass in this game.

Py, know you are a hero of mine. The shard will miss you.