• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[News] The Times We Live In...

• Thread starter Lady Mana
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

Lady Mana

A knock sounded on the lady’s door. It was long after hours, and she had been slowly preparing to head home for the night. Things had gone so bad lately; surely this knock at the door could not bear even more horrifying news. Chanting under her breath, she telekinetically opened the door with a wave of her hand. An old man stumbled in, catching himself a bit too late. Dusting himself off, he looked ahead and glared angrily at the lady before him. Limping forward rather loudly, he threw himself in to a seat adjacent from the lady he had so carelessly disturbed. When asked what his business was, he slammed his fist on the table and yelled;

“Gracious! First we’re all subjected to the ravings of a lunatic old crone, then we go helter-skelter looking for that thief, Ricardo. Before you know it, Moonglow goes haywire and the Shadowlords are back. The Shadowlords! Of all things! Times went down the sewer in a handbasket, I tell you. The poor Royal Council… slain! Their restless souls undoubtedly roam the castle halls, still. I’ve heard rumours, you know. Speaking of restless souls, I’ve never seen so many before! And the skeletal liches? I sure hope that totem goes away soon, it creeps me right out. Now, as to what I’m doing here, I’m just an old man begging for a bit of attention. Hear me out!

The poor souls roaming our doomed city, Magincia, still saturate the island with their haunted presence. I can’t stand it, I tell you! We need as many exorcists, clair..voyan..cists… clairvoyants! Yes, as many of those and as many warriors as you can muster. Honestly, why do I get the feeling that if I were a young man again this problem would be taken care of by now!? You young whippersnappers don’t seem to have any sense of responsibility; and you’re gonnah get it for being so slack! I sure hope when I die, and become a restless soul, someone puts me out of my misery straight away. NO FIDDLE FADDLING.

And one more thing. You’re in the news, right? Have you heard anything about the cities besieged lately? I went to visit my cousin in Vesper and he ran away from me screaming like a lunatic on fire! I can’t say I’ve ever felt any more indignant than at that moment. Sure, there are things roaming the lands that frighten you to your very core, but we never had to live in fear like this before! It’s simply … not the way we are! We are Britannians! Lord British, wherever he may be, never would have let this happen. Where’s a hero when you need him? Are all the legends a lie? Honestly…
I’ve half a mind to join up with the Shadowlord faction right now; at least they seem to be accomplishing something. What have I seen out of everyone here? Little swings of a sword at a giant spider? Pul-eeze. Don’t joke around with an old man.

The lady folded her hands together, taking a deep sigh as she scowled at the old man. He wasn’t the first to storm in to her office and ramble out such remarks. In fact, it seemed to be a habit of Britannia’s cowards to help themselves to her time and remind her of the world’s problems. Funny thing was, she thought, none of them seemed willing to do anything about it. None of them, that is, except the countless men and women of wit and daring whom she saw on the battlefield day after day. If the future of Britannia lay at rest in the hands of cowards such as this man, surely all would be lost.

“No matter what you say, missy, nothing you do is going to get the job done. You just have to get out there and do it! By the sight of ya, you’d not last longer than a heartbeat, though. Your last heartbeat! Haha… ha! Hem. I tell ya, if I ever find myself a fountain of youth, I’d be this world’s hero. No lies! Dragon slaying… ha! Killing a dragon was as easy as baking pie, in my day. You just needed the nerves, the guts! Why do you lot seem to have such a sore time with it? I’m fed up. Fed up I say!!!”

Standing suddenly, he crashed his fists upon the lady’s desk and left her presence in a heated huff. The lady smiled. Indeed, the future of Britannia was not left in the hands of men such as this. It was in much more capable hands. The frightening question remains, though – to which allegiance do those hands lay? Shivering from the thought, the lady shook her head in deep contemplation. These are indeed dire times, and the first that we’ve experienced such without a strong leader to offer guidance. With that in mind, she began packing up her things and headed out in to the chill night air.

E

eccentricjules

I would like to claim emphatically that the loyalty of Britannia’s citizens lies with the crown, and with Casca, but I am not sure this is the case. There is a rift among citizens, and it only spreads greater by the day. Some fight for honor, virtue and some for treasure and glory. Fighting for evil generally carries a greater monetary reward. Fighting for the crown has its rewards but they generally pale in comparison to the rewards offered by our evil counterparts. Perhaps if more people take pride in their accomplishments and put less stock in rewards we will rid the land of greed and in effect rid of us evil!

Thank you Lady Mana for giving us something to think about!

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the crown?...casca?
some people just dont like casca...
i personally hated the little **** ever since the ricardo trial....we shoulda left him in that ilshnar prison...

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
save ricardo...hang casca!
i am 100% all for killing casca!...hope we get the chance

E

eccentricjules

save ricardo...hang casca!
i am 100% all for killing casca!...hope we get the chance
Only time will tell... I'm excited to see what will happen. I don't always agree with the side of Order, but I have always followed them.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well...give it abit of thought
who is casca?...he was an elf prosecuter from heartwood
ricardo?.. really didnt do anything wrong according to our laws...he broke ophidian laws i guess ya can say...but we all do....if ya remember the court hearing!, casca was a complete **** head..
then he's sitting in a room in the castle because he got invited to go eat there...he sits there forever....now the royal council gets assasinated..casca mysteriously is sitting ( by himself mind you) in the same prison inu was in in ilshnar...that we needed ricardo to get us into..
now he's sposed to be the dude in charge?...screw that and lets kill em